Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jobs you would love/hate to have.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Professional basketball player
    Tyrone Bogues Part 2?

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    Try writing pieces for Cricket Web for a start .
    Would I be allowed when I write for PlanetCricket? I am a Cricket News Members Articles moderator for that section, so I don't think I'd do it on here...unless I could do the same articles on both sites, which I doubt.

Ok write for Planet Cricket. Keep writing though and make it a habit to write and express yourself as much as you can.

Would love to have:
    Chess player- I have began to see the psychology and skill in Chess which I would love to have.
    Historian- Learning about how life was like before our generation, ver interesting imo.

Would hate to have:
    Police man- As CDM said, you get abuse from a lot of people.
    Fire-man- Extremely respectable job, but you risk your life every time you go into a burning house.
    Last edited by andmark; 20-08-2009 at 08:01 AM.
    Well the Irish did it on St Patrick's day

Rip Fardin Qayyumi, Bob Woolmer and Craig.
    No offence Neil
    "No good thing ever dies." Andy Dufresne. The Shawshank Redemption.
    "Don't interupt the emeny when they're making a mistake" Napoleon

It's worth pointing out that you will get abuse from people no matter what line of work you choose to go into tbh.

Professional Cricketer
    Professional basketball player
    Author
    Spectre
    AWTA, Commander Prowler.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    One other thing I have in mind, though it is a short term option in all probability, is teaching English abroad, have lined up a placement to go and do this in Japan after I have finished my degree, so we'll see where that goes I suppose.
    I'm doing that at the moment in South Korea mate, I'd advise you to check out everything to do with your school etc before you go (email the teachers there now etc ect).

It's not bad work, although to be honest I don't like it a great deal. I'm in a school with 40 kids though, so I struggle to stay motivated when the kids are behaving like little bastards.

From what I can understand Japan is better. The kids can be quiet in class sometimes (if you have small classes). Private schools are generally run like businesses not education institutions...something that grates a little with me. Basically, depending on what the principal/business owner is like, you can end up somewhere where they support their teachers and give you the resources you need to teach or they can be greedy pricks whose only goal is to keep the students there so they make money. If anything goes wrong it's your fault and some of them are a little slack with their wage paying habits.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    I'm doing that at the moment in South Korea mate, I'd advise you to check out everything to do with your school etc before you go (email the teachers there now etc ect).

It's not bad work, although to be honest I don't like it a great deal. I'm in a school with 40 kids though, so I struggle to stay motivated when the kids are behaving like little bastards.

From what I can understand Japan is better. The kids can be quiet in class sometimes (if you have small classes). Private schools are generally run like businesses not education institutions...something that grates a little with me. Basically, depending on what the principal/business owner is like, you can end up somewhere where they support their teachers and give you the resources you need to teach or they can be greedy pricks whose only goal is to keep the students there so they make money. If anything goes wrong it's your fault and some of them are a little slack with their wage paying habits.
    Yeah, I was speaking to Casson the other day who was teaching in Korea a few years back, said much the same thing about the kids being a nightmare to keep under control.

From what I hear from other people who have gone through the same people as I have to set up placements etc.. it's usually a very good company who are very helpful, so hopefully that is quite an encouraging sign. Thanks for the info though, I hadn't thought to email all the people overseas, so I'll defo have a look into that.

I'm curious as to how the teaching role actually works mind, though it will obviously differ from school to school, how does it work where you are? I mean, do they just train you on how you should teach them and then plonk you down in a class and say "off you go"?, or are you more of an assistant to a senior teacher etc..?

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    AWTA, Commander Prowler.
    Time to shut you up.
    RIP Craigos

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    Tyrone Bogues Part 2?
    I'm quite a bit taller itbt.

Dream job would be an Ad exec at an Ad Agency or as mentioned in another thread, working in the marketing departement of CA or similar which would combine the two things I'm passionate about.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Time to shut you up.
    "That was a little extreme commander"

Whatever the **** Gary Lyon does.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Pinball Champion!
    Pilot
    Photographer
    Taxi Driver (probably a surprising choice)
    Journalist
    Gym Instructor

Hate
    Chef
    Builder
    Waiter
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    Would also love to be a musician, anything from playing in bars and clubs to composing my own music. Even being a busker would be fun.
    Hard slog for not much money in music. Got a mate who's trying to make a living as a musician. Plays gigs for various people across the north west, but spends most of the money he earns on petrol getting there. Also wrote the music that Salford City Reds rugby league team comes out to, and the cheeky beggers didn't give him a penny.

Most of the people who hire him to play with them are absolute ****s too, from my experience.
    Last edited by steds; 20-08-2009 at 12:33 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information