Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 Thread

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Apparently the sequel is going to have a lot less Mako (thank **** for that) and a lot more hijacking and fighting on ships. A new heel race to be introduced as well. Looking at the trailers seems very cool characters could be recruited.

Also read an interview that they are planning so much for the third one that they might make it two discs and just pack it with planets, ships and sidequests.
    Sounds awesome, defo the game I am most looking forward to. Will be interesting to see how they utilise your previous saved games for the sequel though, hope they let you keep up with all your old stuff etc..

TIE Fighter Shooter Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Apparently the sequel is going to have a lot less Mako (thank **** for that) and a lot more hijacking and fighting on ships. A new heel race to be introduced as well. Looking at the trailers seems very cool characters could be recruited.

Also read an interview that they are planning so much for the third one that they might make it two discs and just pack it with planets, ships and sidequests.
    Oh man that would probably be the greatest game of all time. Really looking forward to all this now, can't come out soon enough

4 minute preview for ME2

Spoilerific for those who haven't finished 1 though. But gets me pumped for the next one.

The Bigs 2

Played it at a mates house and it was ridiculously fun, picked it up myself and the offline mode is every bit as good. Up there with NHL 09 and NBA 2k as the most fun sports game I've played. Perfect mix of arcade and sim tbh.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    So yeah, have the review copy of Ashes Cricket 2009. Spent a couple of hours playing it this morning, will play more tonight (maybe all night) so I can write a proper review.

Mass Effect will have to take a back seat for now.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    So yeah, have the review copy of Ashes Cricket 2009. Spent a couple of hours playing it this morning, will play more tonight (maybe all night) so I can write a proper review.

Mass Effect will have to take a back seat for now.
    Initial thoughts?

I have to play a lot more to get a good feel for the game and see how it compares to its predecessors, but so far I feel the controls make the most sense out of all the cricket games I've ever played. Controlling your shot to controlling the swing/spin is a nice feature. The commentary, as usual, is bloody annoying after a little while. I'm a lot more interested is seeing how the AI pacing, bugs, etc work out.

Will post a detailed review when I've played more.

FINALLY finished Mass Effect.

**Spoilers** (do I even need this warning or has everyone already finished it)
    Was hoping for a grander battle with Saren at the end. Might have had one if I didn't charm him into killing himself! Really really wanted to kill the council at the end there, even gave the orders to focus on that destroyer, but the scene with the asari girl saying 'they cut off the signal' made me feel like an asshole. So reloaded that part and saved the ****s. Must say the whole reaper storyline suspiciously reminds me of the Shivans in FreeSpace. And lol at the romance part of it. Knew there would be something going on towards the end but didn't expect a sex scene, with Liara no less. Still a very good story and gameplay was awesome. Rivals MGS4 as the best game I've played this year, in fact its probably better.

I'll probably play through once more as a renegade. Any suggestions on what sort of a profile I should shoot for?

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    I haven't touched the game since I first saw the roaches in Noveria, so I appreciate the spoiler warning.

Well, that's if I ever get back to playing the game, though.
    orz

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY View Post
    Well, that's if I ever get back to playing the game, though.
    Because of the roaches? If so you don't see them past Noveria.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Because of the roaches? If so you don't see them past Noveria.
    I have a very acute fear of roaches and the way they just charge at you made it very difficult for me to play anymore.

Yeah, I should HTFU and all that, but it's going to take me a while before I double-click that icon again.

Put your squad on active and have them kill the Rachni IMO. Maybe even put it on easy to get through it quicker and send your squad in first everywhere (there are definitely some of those things hidden in halls). There would still definitely be scenes that would bother you but at least you'll get through the mission and enjoy the rest of the game, unless you have a problem with zombie like creatures as well...

I'm not a fan of insects either but I have to say I found killing those things a lot of fun. Select overkill and take them out as they pile up in front of you.

Yeah, I'll get to back to it once I finish Valkyria Chronicles. Really liking that game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY View Post
    I have a very acute fear of roaches and the way they just charge at you made it very difficult for me to play anymore.

Yeah, I should HTFU and all that, but it's going to take me a while before I double-click that icon again.
    I had this problem with the spiders in Turok 2, made it impossible for me to finish, which in the end wasn't a bad thing, as it wasn't exactly the greatest game ever,

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Finished Mass Effect now. The mission on Virmire being the peak, for my liking. I have to say, the exploration of planets for side quests was incredibly dull. I see that they think they've enhanced this significantly for the sequel, but driving all over the shop and having difficulty driving up mountains etc. was very annoying.

The main quests were quite enjoyable though. Eventually got used to the engine and only got killed once during and after Virmire. I took a direct hit from an Armature on Ibit (forgotten the name) and got toasted immediately. Other than that, pretty easy as I'd worked out the tactics required for the game by that point.

Still don't think its quite as good as Fallout 3 but definately the 2nd best game I've played this year. BioWare do make some good games. Baldur's Gate 2 being one of their previous games, and far superior to either Fallout 3 or Mass Effect.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information