View Poll Results: Which is your favourite Batman film?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman

5 10.64%
  • Batman Returns

3 6.38%
  • Batman Forever

2 4.26%
  • Batman & Robin

2 4.26%
  • Batman Begins

10 21.28%
  • The Dark Knight

25 53.19%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What's your favourite Batman film?

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Don't you find them jarring? Takes you out of the film a bit? I know this can be done deliberately (v-effect and all that) but in this case I don't think it was.
    Those of you who have seen me talk about DW especially, TV shows or movies in general before will have heard this rant before, btw.

It depends. If it directly contradicts what the author is actually trying to say - ie. if the author is trying to make a point about X and then does something which implies something completely different, then yeah, that's a huge problem. Similarly if the movie is trying to authentically or accurately depict a historical event (Apollo 13, which I rewatched today, would have been a way less striking movie had it not been accurate in all but a few minor and explainable details), then it's a big deal. But in something like a Batman movie, **** about this or that not being physically accurate or why did they not show how he got from A to B or whatever - I couldn't give a toss about that. That's not why I watch movies.

The lamest thing I saw in the lead-up to the movie by far was some 'study' some guys did exposing how, in fact, Batman's cape wouldn't have actually worked. If this was done in a Mythbusters-esque tongue-in-cheek sort of way then it's cool and fun, but when it's serious (and I think this was), then it's just flat-out lame.
    Last edited by Spark; 07-08-2012 at 05:32 AM.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    I agree with Spark for the most part, films like this are about suspending belief to some degree. You can only fully enjoy them for what they are if you can disengage yourself from reality, to some extent at least.

However, having said that, sometimes uses of "poetic licence" can become annoying, if it is just too flagrant. I'd agree with analysing Batman's cape or whatever is incredibly lame, but I must say, I did find it a bit hard to believe how Bruce Wayne had his back badly broken, woke up in a jail in Persia (or wherever it was supposed to be), fully rehabbed himself, escaped and then somehow got back all the way back to the USA and into Gotham City (which was fully locked down) in the space of a month or whatever it was.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Except in the comics he heals himself a lot quicker by using the lazarus pit, which is literally a magic pit. Oh and thanks to this pit, Ra's has infinite lives. I think I'll take Nolan's version.
    RIP Craigos

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    The Dark Knight was the best purely because of the Heath Leger's acting as a Joker. That's what made it better than any other Batman movie.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal1985 View Post
    the dark knight was the best purely because of the heath leger's acting as a joker. That's what made it better than any other batman movie.
    +1
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information