Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: European Parliamentary Elections

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Thought it was well-known that I swung that way tbh. Think cpr usually votes the same way.
    Could well be mate - I have a lot to learn - I've not spent much time off topic

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Although Gordon Banks government is really in shambles ATM. I dont trust Cameron & the conservatives in this country.
    Not even Gordon Banks could save this goverment!
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post

After that, it will be no more than 15-20 years before Britain has descended into the same spiral of racism, social problems and political ignorance that has afflicted France over the past 15 years and led to Jean-Marie Le Pen coming second in their 2002 election.
    In fairness, Le Pen's place in the final two was down to the open ballot in the 1st round, being the only real right wing choice and about 14 centre left choices, getting him to the final 2 by about 0.5%, with Jospin and Chirac pretty much splitting the left vote, and the other token lefties taking just enough away from them two to let Le Pen through. In the second round pretty much most of the nation rallied against him, recieved about 15% of the vote in a 2 horse race against 'Mr Popularity' Chirac.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Thought it was well-known that I swung that way tbh. Think cpr usually votes the same way.
    I would like to clarify that in political voting, yes i do. Wouldnt want that one taken out of context
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    The BNP quote that alarmed me the most was not the racism, or the anti-semitism, despicable though they are. It was when i read one of them saying something along the lines of, "women enjoy sex. So if a man rapes a woman, isn't it just sex? And therefore she enjoys it?"

I actually read that on an anti-BNP leaflet - shudder to think of people enjoying that quote
    That's weird, considering the BNP's anti-Islamic stance has involved the claim that "Islam and women's rights don't mix."
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    That's weird, considering the BNP's anti-Islamic stance has involved the claim that "Islam and women's rights don't mix."
    Well the thing is, it might be the BNP stance, but the BNP is really just a collection of the biggests ****s in the country so its not really a surprise that one of them says something like that.
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Banned
    BNP and BJP - Curious coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    Those of you actually following politics - what's the relevance of an English Democrat being elected Mayor of Doncaster?
    It isnt relevant from an English Democrat POV. It is relevant that such a staunch Labour stronghold like Doncaster has rejected Labour. This should send shock waves around the Party.

There is a long line of corruption and lack of accountability in Doncaster politics due to Labour being able to win every election no matter what their councillors did. At last there is a serious backlash against pathetic and corrupt leadership.

Mayor Winter (the last Mayor) was Labour and was in charge of a mess.

Doncaster is failing in many areas such as social care, crime, unemployment, immigration, violence and HIV infection rates.

The election of Peter Davies (though remember he won with only 22.6 % of the vote against split opposition) is a reaction to the continued failure of certain people to address these important quality of life issues.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information