Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emerton joins Blackburn

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar

Emerton joins Blackburn

Aussie Brett Emerton finally gets a move to the premiership. With all the talk here of Harry Kewell going to Liverpool the Australian media has over looked Emerton's move, even though Emerton won this years oceiana player of the year award.
    Emerton who will be joining fellow aussie Lucas Neill at the Rovers will be a real hit i think.
    More Australians playing in the EPL will only strengthen our national side.

Tim
    Screw Harry Kewell...Im a Leeds United Supporter and of all the clubs he could have transferred to he picked Liverpool!

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    Originally posted by Tim
    Screw Harry Kewell...Im a Leeds United Supporter and of all the clubs he could have transferred to he picked Liverpool!
    hahaha Leeds hahaha
    "Matt Damon"

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by Tim
    And to think they only receive 3 million for him!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    lol, i dont like leeds that much, i think they have a couple of tough years ahead of them , wheras liverpool are a team that will soon rise again i feel

as for emerton hopefully he will do really well and they will get some good european football there as well. he is a great player and will be a key member of the Australian team for years to come
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

i hope blackburn play Emerton in the mid field where he wants to play. At Feyenoord and for Australia he has been playing as a right back, but he prefers the mid field, hopefully he will shine there cause he could do really well for the national side there.

As for Kewell to liverpool, thats a real shame, i was really hoping he would go to Man utd, even though i dont go for united i think he could have done great things there.

Still on the topic, i rate chelsea as the team to beat this season. They have the best GK in the league, something united and arsenal are missing. 14/1 is great value on chelsea, and they are more than due for a title.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Never did like Leeds.

In the seventies, we (Derby) were managed by Clough, they were managed by Revie.

The managers hated each other, the players kicked lumps out of each other and as for the supporters - well, they never sent me a Christmas card, for a start.

Emerton looks a decent player - was it Feyenoord he played for or somewhere?
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Originally posted by luckyeddie
    Emerton looks a decent player - was it Feyenoord he played for or somewhere?
    Yeh it was Feyenoord, He played for the Olympic Sharks here in Aus before that i think.

has seaman retired? if not i dont think you can seriously say arsenal are missing a good GK.
    life's a gift thats why they call it the present

Originally posted by Sunil Havascar
    has seaman retired? if not i dont think you can seriously say arsenal are missing a good GK.
    He has gone to manchester city, id say this will be his last season.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Woah..who are Arsenal going to play then? Taylor?
    orz

well they have 10 million pounds to buy a new goal keeper, there isnt much on the market, maybe they could take Barthez :P
    But i guess taylor would be next in line if they dont get a new one. And taylor doesnt seem like a premiership winning keeper to me.

Taylor's crap.

Arse are welcome to Barthez if we can have Robinson! :P
    My house is burned down but I can see the sky.

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    I have trouble rating Liverpool.Players like Michael Owen, and Steven Gerrard are over rated. Liverpool will be around in the top half, but I can't see them challenging the likes of Man U, Arsenal, CHELSEA, or Newcastle.

As for Chelsea, I'm really excited by the arrival of Abramovich (SPL?). I can't wait to see who we sign up for the up coming season. Too long have I been made fun of by lame Arsenal and Manchester United fans. Too long has my team been in their shadow. Now Chelsea should emerge and sooner or later become one of Europe best clubs!

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    It's not as if Chelsea have even got a great history.

Even back in the 60's and 70's, people thought of them as a 'big' club. Big at under-achieving, perhaps.

It must be really disappointing being a Chelsea fan. Another false dawn, the dashing of hopes on a regular basis (a pal of mine has supported them for 30 years and apart from a couple of cups, that's as far as it goes). He's perpetually optimistic, though. Good for him.

I'm actually all in favour of them doing well. The more decent sides there are, the healthier it is for the game.

Now me, being a Derby fan, I don't get disappointed any more. We will never be a great club again (but I still support them).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information