Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been involved in a fight?

Pinball Champion!

Have you ever been involved in a fight?

Where, who and how?

Can't say I have to be honest

Been in a few. Got belted at a pub once for nothing, had a blue with my roomate once (I got thrown through a tv table after losing my footing). Heaps in school as well.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Gave a statement to the coppers only last Thursday after a mate got involved in a free and frank exchange of views with a security and safety operative.Was the day I got rushed to hospital in an ambulance, so only needed the fire service for the full emergency service house!

Wasn't involved in the fight per se, but was the one who dragged the bouncer **** off.

Have had a fair few, tbh. Played rugby for many years and have inability to leave stuff alone when blood's up, so, well you know.

One thing film's don't touch on is just quite how much it hurts to punch someone. Was genuinely taken aback the first time I chinned someone. Pretty sure thats 95% of the reason boxers wear gloves, in fact.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

No. Sounds Strange but I was alwasy afraid of having a broken tooth then coming home with it to see my dad. Have been smacked once on the face, can't say it was an enjoyable experience.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I haven't, unsurprisingly. People talk about their blood boiling, but anger is an emotion i'm barely even capable of.

That does mean though that when i do get angry (and it's only ever happened as a result of my mother) i go mildly crazy because i'm not used to it and have no idea how to react. So when i do have a fight i guess it could be a ****ing huge one.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Yeah I have been in a few myself.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I haven't, unsurprisingly. People talk about their blood boiling, but anger is an emotion i'm barely even capable of.
    Me too.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post

That does mean though that when i do get angry (and it's only ever happened as a result of my mother) i go mildly crazy because i'm not used to it and have no idea how to react. So when i do have a fight i guess it could be a ****ing huge one.
    Yeah, pretty much in the same boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

My career record is 1-0.
    Have been retired for about 15yrs.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    A few. Mostly organised, a few not. Even after sparring a lot, it feels nothing like the real thing.

Can't really just have a fight these days witout some **** pulling a knife or 15 of his mates getting into it as well, which turns it from a fight to a massacre anyway.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Nothing ever that you could deem a proper fight. I've been in the odd few scraps at school over stupid things, but I guess most people have.

Closest thing was in a hockey match (un)surprisingly, where a friend of mine was getting a bit of a smackdown from the opposition. Ended up kicking one guy in the head, an action to which I am pretty ashamed of, though I did do it in the heat of the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    A few. Mostly organised, a few not. Even after sparring a lot, it feels nothing like the real thing.

Can't really just have a fight these days witout some **** pulling a knife or 15 of his mates getting into it as well, which turns it from a fight to a massacre anyway.
    Yeah, quite. The "square go" (just two blokes settling it between them) sadly seems to have gone the way of umpires calling blokes for chucking.

In the story I alluded to my mate was set on by a barman and a bouncer for no more than being (as he himself would concede) a bit gobby. He's made a complaint to the coppers tho and they reckon he has a case for an ABH charge as he had nose cut and tooth cracked.

International Debutant
    Nope, never seen the need to fight really. Sorted any problems out without resorting to violence.
    Supporting: NSW & Australia, women's cricket

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    @ Brumbers: There was a story on the NSW Riot Squad the other week on 60 minutes here. If you get a chance to see it, have a look at the way they treated some people who got a bit gobby. Illuminating TSTL.

My grandfather told me when I first started going out how it was "No holds barred in a pub blue", but I really didn't believe it until I saw my first one - **** just flying everywhere. As he said "When I was a young bloke, if some idiot pulled a knife on you, the whole pub'd jump him. Nowadays, if you don't pull one, you're at a disadvantage". It's truer now than it was then, except these days there are people getting glassed everywhere.
    Last edited by Burgey; 09-05-2009 at 05:04 AM.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Yeah a few in school and then a couple since that have been over women. One was about five years ago, some guy had had it away with my bird behind my back, well she was my ex by this point (that's the point of the fight, not when he did it) and tbh i was moving on from the whole thing, when he made a few comments to a mate of mine designed to wind me up. At the time I was just like a bit meh about it, but that night I was out, it was A level results day for a couple of my younger mates and I was wandering around the rock club I used to go to all the time. I was on the second floor, probably looking for skirt as the best ones were normally on that floor. Well I saw this lad who had given the 'messages' for me to my mate, I was alone and there were about seven or eight of his mates. I was proper trolleyed and the sight of me made my blood boil, went up to him and said something or another, then without even thinking I just hit him with my right fist. Apparently it dazed him for a second, but I can't say I remember the next few seconds as he and his mates did a number on me. I started it so fair enough, my Dad said to me that I was well within my rights to start a fight with this **** but "if you're gonna start a fight make sure you can finish it" what was I thinking?!

And then another one about a year and a bit ago. Me and Mandi (ie the mother of my children) had been having some troubles that we were trying to patch up, this process was helped greatly when her brother decided to call me on all sorts of things on a night out. I had had a few and told him too much, ie that if he thought that our problems were all down to me then he obviously didn't know his sister very well. Next thing, his gf was in my face about how much of a **** I was, I told her to **** right off and then mandi's bro came at me, as did her cousin. Bit of a scuffle, but again I'd managed to get myself into a 2-on-1 situation. In this case I did feel I could point the finger elsewhere, because even if he had been right in his suspicions that I was treating Mandi like **** (which I don't think he was, but whatever), we were trying to work on our issues, interference like that was hardly going to be good for us and the kids. Loved seeing my five-year old the next day with a black eye, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information