Thread: Ian Tomlinson

Ian Tomlinson

Just outraged at his death and the reporting done by media.

Death of Ian Tomlinson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the Video - BBC NEWS | UK | England | London | Footage shows G20 death man push

Police Brutality at its worst.

That is shocking.

Personally I can't stand protesters who protest about something and get violent and be a **** in general, but a poor bloke who did nothing wrong and was trying to get out of it and go home, that is not right.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    a poor bloke who did nothing wrong and was trying to get out of it and go home, that is not right.
    I have seen nothing apart from the video the OP links to, but it doesnt look bad to me.

The guy completely ignored the police, intentionally walked slowly and refused to face them, blocked the way and didnt take his hands out of his pockets.

Basically, man ignores Police warning, refuses to recognise them, doesnt show he isnt carrying a weapon and acts strangely and at the same time all hell is breaking loose in the surrounding area.

He was pushed over and restrained. That he died is unfortunate but it isnt exactly due to the incident and he kind of brought the Police response on himself.

The claim is that he was walking home, well it would have taken him weeks at that pace.

I dont know the man or his circumstances but he looked to be either drunk, injured, causing trouble or high. His behavior was very strange though I have no idea what caused it.

Over the top response? Probably. But wasnt that bad and he was not acting 'normally' as a pedestrian.

A tragedy but not due to wounds inflicted.
    Last edited by Goughy; 09-04-2009 at 08:30 AM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Guy wasn't even protesting only walking home and accidentally managed to walk into a protest. Sad stuff.
    I'd say the heart attack was definitely spurred on by what we see here, it may have been inevitable in coming years but being thrown down like that would definitely push the old ticker into overdrive.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    I have seen nothing apart from the video the OP links to, but it doesnt look bad to me.

The guy completely ignored the police, intentionally walked slowly and refused to face them, blocked the way and didnt take his hands out of his pockets.

Basically, man ignores Police warning, refuses to recognise them, doesnt show he isnt carrying a weapon and acts strangely and at the same time all hell is breaking loose in the surrounding area.

He was pushed over and restrained. That he died is unfortunate but it isnt exactly due to the incident and he kind of brought the Police response on himself.

The claim is that he was walking home, well it would have taken him weeks at that pace.

I dont know the man or his circumstances but he looked to be either drunk, injured, causing trouble or high. His behavior was very strange though I have no idea what caused it.

Over the top response? Probably. But wasnt that bad and he was not acting 'normally' as a pedestrian.

A tragedy but not due to wounds inflicted.

Its an interesting incident to look at. Tomlinson had tried to walk home direct, but found the way blocked by rioters, tried to skirt a few blocks around it but got turned back by the police, and this incident took place when he was retracing his steps back to the main road, probably wondering how the hell he's supposed to get home. That'd give some explanation to the slow and despondant nature of his walk.

The video doesnt show whats gone on before, or have sound, so we dont know if he's been told to do one thing by the police and is ignoring it. But then if that was the case, surely the officer either has to caution him or let the incident go, physical attack with no motive to restrain or arrest the subject is not the answer

However, there is no definative proof that the attack caused the heart attack (could've been ready to pop anyway), but theres video evidence that the police were on hand to offer basic medical support whilst awaiting the ambulance they'd called for him.... Once he'd suffered the heart attack, they couldnt have done more for him
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Thread Information