Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Noooo. I H8 U!

Noooo. I H8 U!

i H8 U FIFA!! THEY HAVE JUST WITHRAWN OCEANIA'S AUTOMATIC QUALIFYING SPOT:!(:!(:!(. they said it was because of poor management and teh fact that NZ stuffed up at Confeds. but every1 is saying that the South Am. board was pushing for it. and that they used argentina and brazil as excuses. to get another spot in the WC. i mean australia is better than peru, uruguay or paraguay:!(:!(:!(
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

This is a joke...

This is all Frank Farina's Fault....

If he had played a full strength Aussie side at the Oceania Nations Cup we would have qualified for the Confed's Cup, and we would have again made it to the Semis, but instead NZ go and get slaughtered and despite the Aussie's beating England comfortably in the last 12 months we get Snubbed again....

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Considering the size of the vote (22-1) I think it'll be a long tme before you get an automatic place, and that is right and proper too.

As it is, you'll have to play the 5th best team in South America, and if you can't beat them, then why should you be there?

Oh, and harp on about the England game, but if SGE had been playing it as a competitive game, the outcome would've been different.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Ok but doesn't that dismiss it being a WORLD cup???

There is no way that we are not better then the 14th best European team...

What i don't understand is why does the North American confed play off against Asia and the Sth American Confed play off against Oceania...
    we are a stones through from Asia and the same with the other 2 but yet we have to go to the other side of the world...
    And as for the game against England, im not even going to start on that, i've had to many arguments in the past on that one....

AFAIK the only play off is Oceania vs. SA - can remember seeing a Asia vs. North America one.

England, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine, Sweden, Holland, Belgium, Republic of Ireland, Greece, Russia, ...

Well according to Fifa website there are 4 half spots...
    Consequently, Oceania will now receive half a place (0.5). The final distribution of places for the 2006 FIFA World Cupô is as follows: Europe (14), Asia (4.5), South America (4.5), Africa (5), North, Central America and Caribbean (3.5) and Oceania (0.5).

Tim
    Thats right...blame NZ for your poor administration.
    The fact is, is that NZ had no choice but to play in the Confeds Cup because the Australian Soccer Board couldn't run a business properly.
    I mean when do Harry Kewell, Mark Viduka, Brett Emerton etc actually play for Australia? only when the big matches are on..so maybe they should also be blamed for wanting money over playing for their country.

State Vice-Captain
    I agree with you Tim... Don't blame NZ..

Hmmm Let me see where i blamed NZ????

Thats right nowhere....

I can see this....

This is all Frank Farina's Fault....

A bit of paranoia if you ask me....

State Vice-Captain
    I didn't say it was you.

they said it was because of poor management and teh fact that NZ stuffed up at Confeds

This is a kick in the guts for New Zealand and Australian soccer. The squad New Zealand sent over was at full strength and none of them play in the EPL, except in the lower divisions, the US, Australia and some obsure European league.

And dispite this, we are still 51st in the world (last time I checked it). Thank you South America for ruining Oceania soccer. Oh and Brazil isnt that flash without Ronaldo and Rivaldo and co.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Still doesn't change the fact that an automatic spot would mean Australia qualify EVERY World Cup.

Originally posted by marc71178
    England, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine, Sweden, Holland, Belgium, Republic of Ireland, Greece, Russia, ...
    we are better than england(u played with a full strength squad and got beaten in the 1st half, then u think u drew with us with ur young 'uns. well we actually took teh likes of kewell, emerton, okon and moore off fo rteh second half! so don't come up with some bull****! how many times have u beaten us again?), turkey(most taems r better than turkey, but only because of their consistency. on a good day they would beat almost everyone in the world. including us.)Ukraine(no doubt about this one. unless schevechenko and rebrov have an absolutely BRILLIANT game. i don't think ukraine could beat australia.)Sweden(yes we could beat them. they are not that strong!)Belgium(belgium are a bit like turkey. however i feel we would have more chance against these guys than turkey. definitely more beatable than england!)Rep. of Ireland(would be a gr8 game. could go either way so i won't say we are better than them. but we are equals). Greece(no doubt about this. should be a comfortable 2+-0 win).Russia(same as greece really). France(well considering they have never beaten us!! i think we have drawn with them twice and won once).

i think teh only teams we would have trouble beating are ireland, france, england, turkey(depending on their consistency). and the teams that i think we couldn't beat are Italy, Spain, Germany, Portugal and Holland(tehse guys are also quite in-consistent, mind you we are as well:P)

so there you have it marc. no doubt ur going to come up with soem bull**** about england.

So you could beat a Greek side that beat Spain easily, but you can't beat Spain?

Man for man, your squad is not as strong as England's.

Turkey came 3rd in the last World Cup, so can't be that bad.

Ukraine are not just S&R any more...

Sweden are extremely well organised.

Jsut because you've not lost to France yet, means bugger all!

Originally posted by marc71178
    So you could beat a Greek side that beat Spain easily, but you can't beat Spain?

Man for man, your squad is not as strong as England's.

Turkey came 3rd in the last World Cup, so can't be that bad.

Ukraine are not just S&R any more...

Sweden are extremely well organised.

Jsut because you've not lost to France yet, means bugger all!
    man for man england are better than us. no doubt about it. but u know as well as me they never perform as a country!

turkey can be damn good like i said. and beat almost everybody in the world. but other times they can lose to alot of people as well.

Ukraine might not just be S&R anymore. but they are still no where near as good as australia.

and yes it does count for nothing major. but it might count for confidence? but i really don't expect aus to win against them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information