Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Malaysia

Congrats on the 8th, I don't get how you know something will turn your stomach if you've never tried it before though.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Congrats on the 8th, I don't get how you know something will turn your stomach if you've never tried it before though.
    Err because it turns my stomach from a few feet/yards away.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Err because it turns my stomach from a few feet/yards away.
    That's bizarre, but good luck to you.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Apologies for the bump but some advice needed.

I've 2 nights in Kuala Lumpar coming up later this month and need some sort of idea how much cash I'll need?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Which part of KL are you staying in? The airport is very big (biggest I have ever been in) so you will have plenty of opportunity to stretch your legs after a long flight. When you leave the airport, unless you are being picked up, you can take a bus or a train that takes you direct into the central bus/train station. I took the high speed train that only took 35 minutes (it is direct, there are no stops), and that cost 35 Ringgits or roughly £6 (£1 = 5.5MYR). Depending on what time you get there, there wasn't a lot of people onboard, so you will be fine. From there you can book a taxi (an official taxi booking service) and that includes your taxi fare as well (it isn't that expensive, maybe £6-8).

I stayed in China Town, and took a walk amongst the streets and had dinner for 24 MYR (£4 roughly), and that included a 600ml Tiger beer for 6 MYR (£1). Don't worry the food was fine. I can't give you much more advice as I left straight away on the following day (it was only a stop over), and I took a taxi (I saw him driving along, and stuck my hand up) and he took me to the central station and he only charged me 5 MYR (less then £1) for a 15 minute trip. Out of pity I gave him an extra 20 MYR as a tip. It was pretty cheap, but I guess you make it as expensive as you want it to be. I hope that gives you some idea, I'm not sure on your budget though.

Maybe I should be a travel agent instead.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Got 2 nights en route to Perth. Hotel and transfers are all booked - think we're in the Renaissance, which I've just discovered is a 5* hotel. Not sure where that is in relation to everything we want to see (any recommendations?) but can't be that bad I'd hope!

If it's that cheap then sounds fantastic to me.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Mate of mine assures me that a five star hotel in KL is nothing compared to anything of similar quality over here. As with Beevs, I'd be happy to put you in touch with him if you would require any sort of in depth information.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Anyways finished 8th ($700) in the World Championships.
    Well done!

I suppose Marc you could always visit the Petronas Towers and take some happy snaps.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information