View Poll Results: Have you ever thoughtabout immigrating?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 64.86%
  • No

12 32.43%
  • Yes we can!

1 2.70%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Have you/ will you immigrate?

School Boy/Girl Captain Something_Fishy's Avatar
    Was born in London. I won't live anywhere except here or there (London). Can't live without cricket.
    Rod Marsh: How's your wife and my kids?
    Ian Botham: The wife is fine but the kids are ********.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Something_Fishy View Post
    Was born in London. I won't live anywhere except here or there (London). Can't live without cricket.
    Good thing no other country in the world plays it then.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

I've got an offer on the table to go to London in April next year for 2 years.

Seriously considering it tbh, the move from Sydney to Melbourne didn't feel like enough of a "change" for me. Might as well go full cop and go another country.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    I've got an offer on the table to go to London in April next year for 2 years.

Seriously considering it tbh, the move from Sydney to Melbourne didn't feel like enough of a "change" for me. Might as well go full cop and go another country.
    I'd jump on it tbh. I'd absolutely love to live somewhere in Australia for two years, were it not for ties round the Irish parts. Who's the offer from?
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I'd jump on it tbh. I'd absolutely love to live somewhere in Australia for two years, were it not for ties round the Irish parts. Who's the offer from?
    It's an IBM project that's starting next year. They need engineering consultants with field experience in finance. I applied internally and was asked if I'm interested in going next year. Really tempting tbh.

I don't like London though, I should probably point that out. Not as a place to live in anyway. It's nice enough to visit.

If you're offered a trek to Manchester, don't even think about letting that one go

Haha, heard the curries in Manchester are better than anywhere else. Will have to make the pilgrimage when I'm over there.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    It's an IBM project that's starting next year. They need engineering consultants with field experience in finance. I applied internally and was asked if I'm interested in going next year. Really tempting tbh.
    Go go go go go!

London's not my favourite place in the world, but it's an easy place to see Europe from. I'm sure you'll love it once you're there.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Haha, heard the curries in Manchester are better than anywhere else. Will have to make the pilgrimage when I'm over there.
    Certainly better than anywhere I've been, quite a few people i live with have curries every night here but refuse to eat them anywhere else. Definitely worth a visit. As Coco says, once you're in London you can fly wherever you like for cheap so it's a big opportunity.

Lived in Japan for 5 years now (19 to 24).
    Miss home, and can't wait to get back.

I really want to travel around the world, but 5 years in one place is way to long.

So no.

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    That's awesome mate, go for it! The economic climate here in Melbourne is pretty poor at the moment and a few graduates I know who started with me have been let go. So if you're getting an opportunity and you don't have family restrictions at the moment then go for it.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Moved from Australia to UK in 2006 and really glad I did, love it here. Not sure what my next move will be - I love Australia and see myself settling back there one day, but that's still years in the future. Reckon there's every chance I'll spend some time living on the continent at some point - would really like to live in Amsterdam for a while.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Quite like this pissant town TBH

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    love it here. <snip> I love Australia and see myself settling back there one day
    Will the immigration authorities let you back in after delivering such a glowing assessment of Pommieland?
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    That's awesome mate, go for it! The economic climate here in Melbourne is pretty poor at the moment and a few graduates I know who started with me have been let go. So if you're getting an opportunity and you don't have family restrictions at the moment then go for it.
    Yeah, left the family in Sydney so not locked down to anything except the woman right now. This is way too big an opportunity for me to turn down I'm thinking.

Condolences for your mates, where do you work? I know a few guys from Uni and High School who are on the bench right now too and are struggling big time getting back in the game. All grads with good marks in Uni too.
    Last edited by duffer; 23-02-2009 at 09:57 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information