34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Single

9 26.47%
  • Hitched

17 50.00%
  • Perm

8 23.53%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it better to be single or hitched?

Pinball Champion!

Is it better to be single or hitched?

I've been surprised at how many of my friends are happy being long term single.. It's always been my opinion that these are people who haven't found happiness in someone else, but now it seems to be a genuine and valid lifestyle choice for people well into their thirties and forties who chose to take career and circumstances over being with a spouse.. Obviously there is no right or wrong answer, but I'd be interested in hearing if this is the case on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Mate, there are times when single life seems like the only sane choice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Define hitched please.

Hitched as in long term commitment or hitched as in just one more station in a series of short relationships? I'm undecided on the former, definitely prefer single to the latter.

Depends. I'm quite happy to stay single unless, of course, I find the right broad.

I'm in no hurry, there's nothing wrong with being single.

Perm or longterm relationship is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Perm or longterm relationship is the best.
    I spend too much time on here. I thought Perm referred to the poster, as in the irrelevant third option

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    I spend too much time on here. I thought Perm referred to the poster, as in the irrelevant third option
    Haha I'm pretty sure what you thought was the intended purpose.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    If by hitched you mean married them I'm undecided.

If you mean in a long-term relationship, I definitely prefer that. Well, I prefer my current one, because my girlfriend at the moment is so undemanding that most of the stress and pressure that generally comes with a relationship doesn't really apply.

But what i love is being out of the drama-loop. I'm here at uni surrounded by guys who get ****ed over by girls they're secretly in love with who cling to them and use them as friends in the way that gives T_C nightmares. And girls who take someone home from a club then waste away their nights pathetically wishing they'd call. And short-term couples that screw around and fight and scream at each other at 4 in the morning, and people who sleep with absolute monsters when drunk then spend an entire week cringing and all that jazz that comes with living in an Eastenders episode. But I'm not involved in any of it. And if you clear all the relationship-drama out of the way you have the opportunity to enjoy everything else in life.

Obviously there's things i love more about my girlfriend, but that's the single best thing about actually being in a relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Definitely married or with someone.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Civ unioned or such.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    I've been surprised at how many of my friends are happy being long term single.. It's always been my opinion that these are people who haven't found happiness in someone else, but now it seems to be a genuine and valid lifestyle choice for people well into their thirties and forties who chose to take career and circumstances over being with a spouse.. Obviously there is no right or wrong answer, but I'd be interested in hearing if this is the case on here.
    I have been single for close to ten months or so now, and believe me i have never felt better, yeah being hitched has its own advantages (if you know what i mean..), but still being single has given me tremendous liberty, peace and stability in life.

Of course the problem with being hitched in my case was, me being with all sort of wrong girls, who really didn't had much interest in putting any effort into building a serious relation, and such relations caused a lot of stress and tension.

Atm, i am just happy being single, though i felt a tad lonely seeing all my friends with their girlfriends on Valentine's day, but still i don't want jump back into the dating scene too soon, because this time i want to make sure, that i find someone special, and start a serious relationship with her, rather than just fooling around.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Depends on the stage of life and gender, I reckon. Being a chick in her late 20's is absolutely awful because most blokes assume youre looking to make with teh bebe's (true to an extent ) whereas being a bloke in your mid-to-late 20's is freaking awesome if you're looking for casual fun. The geat thing for guys is that it extends all the way to 40. But then, the party's over if you're not hooked up and unless you're fit and good looking, it can be hard to get a date (if you are, the good times extend past 50).

The man with the best advice is still the grandfather in Little Miss Sunshine.

Myself, happily hooked up but I was happy being single too. Took a special lady for me to take notice. A year and a half in and it's beautiful.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    This.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Myself, happily hooked up but I was happy being single too. Took a special lady for me to take notice. A year and a half in and it's beautiful.
    Describes my situation to the letter

Yeah, absolutely. Pretty straightfoward question IMO.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information