• Bullied

12 57.14%
  • Bully

9 42.86%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bully or Bullied?

still scratching around in the same old hole

Bully or Bullied?

As a parent of 2 very young boys, Im obviously concerned (maybe overly) about their future.

One (of many) questions I ask is; is it better to be a bully or to be bullied?

Obviously the 3rd way is the best way but of the choices which is preferable.

I despise bullies with a passion. I think it is the most cowardly and destructive thing and impossible to justify. Yet getting bullied can be very bad and ruin lives.

So, imagine you have kids. Which is preferable, being a bully and making other peoples life miserable or bullying others?

Im interested in honest answers, so no silly third option.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Pinball Champion!
    Having no idea about children, I'd imagine a Bully can reform more easily than someone who has the mental scars of being bullied..

Why, one of the kids come back with some extra lunch money?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

In school I was a bit of middle ground, wasn't "cool" by any stretch but seemed to skip most of the bullying my friends got mainly by not playing into it. Bullying IMO is what you make of it, embrace it and it goes away.

Though some of it really is too hard to escape.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

It depends. I think everyone is "bullied" at some stage in their schooling life. And that probably everyone invariably plays the role of bully at some stage too, without realising it at times.

Pinball Champion!
    I tended to be on the fringes of the bullying myself, although I never made an integral part out of school life and preferred to hang with people out of school.. Got picked on, wouldnt say bullied, at my first school because I was too posh, and then because I was too working class.. Even having a girlfriend who went to a government school was a big no-no
    Last edited by Langeveldt; 10-02-2009 at 02:52 AM.

I fell into the "bullied" group a lot at school, probably because I'm a white **** and not Maori (I do grow up in the **** areas of South Auckland), and some because they were wankers plain and simple, and ITBT I'm probably doing a lot better then what they are, so IMO I have had the last laugh.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    How kids react to bullying all depends on what their environment is like away from the bullying. I used to get bullied a lot, and I had a very conflicted family life, but being at boarding school meant I dealt with things myself out of necessity.

It taught me to be a stronger and more independent person, and it taught me a hell of a lot about the way the world works. I wouldn't be who I am today without it, and I'm thankful for it because it didn't shelter me from some things that some people never experience.

If the child is given sufficient support and care away from the bullying, then it can only be a positive experience in later life. I draw strength from everything I've been through, and every time something bad happens in my life, I know I can deal with it. The majority of bullies I've known have gone on to become unmotivated losers who think the world owes them something - I'd like to see them deal with that once they realise what they've become.

I think bullying within limits is very good as a character development tool, it teaches the kid independence and survival skills, basically how to survive in the real world.
    Inappropriate signature.
    --Moderators

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    It depends. I think everyone is "bullied" at some stage in their schooling life. And that probably everyone invariably plays the role of bully at some stage too, without realising it at times.
    Yeah, I'd certainly agree with that.

As for the question, I'd rather be a bully, because at least that way I can make it stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I read once that more than 50% of kids who get bullied go on to bully someone else...
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    Wouldnt have called myself a 'bully'... but I was definitely a bitch at times. There wasnt much of it at my school iirc.. quite a small school, about 50 or so in year 12, so most of us were friends. There was the odd person who sat by themselves at lunch time and so on... but they were generally ignored rather than picked on.
    And now those few get ignored on facebook, so I guess it really never ends haha.

"I know I underperformed but after the past 18 months I thought I might have received more than four Test matches' grace."
    - DR Martyn.

"Is there any way to make it longer?"
    Peter English on Twenty20

Official Face of the v. hip 'Twenty20 Is Boring Society'

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    And now those few get ignored on facebook, so I guess it really never ends haha.
    Haha I'm sure they're devastated.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    I read once that more than 50% of kids who get bullied go on to bully someone else...
    Probably in the "How to cope with bullying" pamphlet

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    No need to twist the knife!

I was a bigshot bully [so I thought] until around year 10 and then I calmed myself down and never picked on anyone, just went to a guy I used to bully's wedding late last year.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information