View Poll Results: Do you believe there are aliens?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 65.22%
  • No

15 65.22%
  • Micheal Jackson FFS

18 78.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO at Obama's inauguration?

Banned

UFO at Obama's inauguration?

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=EFu6XJ3yChI

The inauguration ceremony of the new American President Barack Obama was a world spectacle, with numerous politicians, actors and singers present.

Hundreds of thousands of people gathered in the streets of Washington and judging by a video posted on YouTube, the event was watched by visitors from outer space.

The footage shows two CNN reporters commenting Obama`s speech. Afterwards, the sky above the Capitol Hill was recorded with an unidentified flying object in it.

While some viewers left comments under the video clip saying a bird was surely in question, others believe that UFOs were watching Obama`s inauguration.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I prefer this thread to the religion ones itbt
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Banned
    Poll added.

Banned
    GIMH, not allowed to vote for all options. Choose Micheal Jackson when you are unsure, or when you are sure he is it.

If you didn't want me to vote for multiples then you should have disabled them huh

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    If you didn't want me to vote for multiples then you should have disabled them huh
    I love multiple.

Options.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Thought this was a fraud, until I saw this. Pretty weird to say the least.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    I'm going to assume that's a Rick Roll.
    RIP Craigos

Nath is the master of the rick roll IMO

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Nath is the master of the rick roll IMO
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Rick roll = 2008.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Well, asking if one believes there are aliens is different to asking if you believe one was present for Obama's inaugaration. I'll answer the latter and say no.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Banned
    SS, politically correct dodger.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Well, speaking seriously, I think there is probably an abundance of life in the universe. Even within our solar systems, it seems obvious that the basic ingredients of life might be quite common (water, for example, on Martian caps, in underground Europan oceans, Enceladus's plumes, or organic materials found on Titan). So the ingredients are there, but in what percentage of those planets life takes place is obviously unknown. We have a sample of one so far, and that doesn't make for good statistics. However, in a galaxy of 200,000,000,000 - 400,000,000,000 stars, and a universe of 500,000,000,000 galaxies, any probability greater than zero (and we know it's greater than zero obviously) means there is probably life in multiple places.

Intelligent life, however, is another issue. I think it might be far more rare than we'd want to think, considering even on our planet, it took billions of years, and a lot of accidents along the way before we happened to come on. At any point, it could have been sayonara. But as I said, even if you take an average of 1 planet per star (the average is higher, with some stars having none, but others, like our Sun, having eight), you still have something like 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets. That's a number a human being can't really comprehend. So yea, I think there are aliens, but unfortunately due to the speed limit imposed by Einstein, we will probably never meet intelligent ones.

Of course, there is also Fermi's Paradox. If an intelligent civilization exists, why aren't they everywhere by now? Basically, what that means is that if a civilization exists, the universe is old enough that we ought to easily be able to detect at least some of them and their presence by now. Civilizations probably tend to spread at an ever increasing rate, and at some point, they would be moving outward almost at the speed of light, thereby quickly making their presence felt. Obviously, trying to guess at the composition of an alien civilization and their psychology is quite pointless, so it may not be much of a paradox at all.

Entering my estimated (read: 100% guesswork) values for the Drake Equation here, it shows about 5 active civilizations in our galaxy at this time (and times that by the number of galaxies, about 2.5 trillion intelligent civilizations active in the universe). Of course, we don't have much hope of communicating with aliens in most places within our own galaxies, let alone a galaxy a billion parsecs away, so all this is highly hypothetical.

For many years now we have been travelling to other planets and communicating with aliens through a device located under a mountain in Colorado, USA. It is called a Star Gate. In a very clever move, a movie and several TV shows were created to diminish any credibility given to rumours about the Star Gate Program. But, I kid you not, it does exist. In fact, President Obama is probably getting briefed about it in the coming days.

How do you think CNN was able to introduce such a hologram on election night?
    Alien technology
    How our TV's have got so slim, mp3 players so small?
    Alien technology
    Ajantha Mendis?
    Alien

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information