Cricket Player Manager
Page 9 of 564 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Yeah, clearly

Haha, yeah. Degrees don't matter a jot in NZ journalism at least, regardless of what they are. Sure, if you want to get into economics journalism or the like, it might help to have a decent understanding of the subject, but it's no necessity.

PY
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Wow, if you can't understand that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    It's not that he can't understand, it's just incredibly anal. It's not like he was going out of his way to offend them.
    Haha, you are kidding me right? I might have hit a sar-chasm.

Read those sentences properly and ask why it isn't right for someone who believes in Christ and who He is to be offended by that? Come on!
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PY View Post
    Haha, you are kidding me right? I might have hit a sar-chasm.

Read those sentences properly and ask why it isn't right for someone who believes in Christ and who He is to be offended by that? Come on!
    Heretic!
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Pinball Champion!
    The amount of noise outside my house
    ****ing ridiculous, I live in the quietest bit of the quietest suburb on the edge of town, just off the road to nowhere (a lighthouse on some point), and yet last night I've had two different babies screaming, one car with what sounded like a thousand watt amp, a couple of cars go past with no mufflers, a gull outside my window nearly in my face, and a plane land at the airport that is so loud when it puts its reverse thrusters on it has been banned throughout Europe and America. Then some ****'s pitched up at the gate and decided to honk their horn until someone opened it, at 5.17am.

Summerstrand Supermarket on a Saturday
    ****, it's like they let out all the rudest old people in one go.. Why do all the rude people have to come here to die?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PY View Post
    I think the issue is more that in the company of friends you shouldn't have to watch what you say to avoid "offending" people. It's not as though anything Goughy said is particularly uncommon. Have your private relationship with God or Captain Crunch or whatever if you want, but there's no reason it should have to make a difference to the lives of your friends.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Holy mother of Cap'n Crunch.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Pinball Champion!
    Tell those mother*******s you worship a higher power

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Ha, made me think of Bill Hicks's riff on what atheists cry out when coming for some reason,

"Oh, fate! Fate & destiny! A random series of events in a meaningless universe!"
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Ha, made me think of Bill Hicks's riff on what atheists cry out when coming for some reason,

"Oh, fate! Fate & destiny! A random series of events in a meaningless universe!"

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    I think the issue is more that in the company of friends you shouldn't have to watch what you say to avoid "offending" people. It's not as though anything Goughy said is particularly uncommon. Have your private relationship with God or Captain Crunch or whatever if you want, but there's no reason it should have to make a difference to the lives of your friends.
    It's not like they disowned him as a friend. Personally, I hate it when someone on here swears or posts lustful pictures, but again, it's not like I blow up.

Maybe you don't get it.
    Jesus saves

member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    It's not like they disowned him as a friend. Personally, I hate it when someone on here swears or posts lustful pictures, but again, it's not like I blow up.

Maybe you don't get it.
    So why don't you say "could you please not swear or post lustful pictures" each time? Maybe because it would be pointlessly judgemental and rude, and people would think you were being a douche? That's exactly the point here. It's one thing to get upset about someone actively being rude or something, like my Captain Crunch remark, but we're talking about getting "offended" by a totally innocent remark which is commonplace and obviously reflexive.

If someone got offended by me actually intentionally insulting their faith, that's fine. If someone got offended by me saying poppycock or whatever, that's their pathology, not mine.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    So why don't you say "could you please not swear or post lustful pictures" each time? Maybe because it would be pointlessly judgemental and rude, and people would think you were being a douche? That's exactly the point here. It's one thing to get upset about someone actively being rude or something, like my Captain Crunch remark, but we're talking about getting "offended" by a totally innocent remark which is commonplace and obviously reflexive.

If someone got offended by me actually intentionally insulting their faith, that's fine. If someone got offended by me saying poppycock or whatever, that's their pathology, not mine.
    Cool, you don't get it, no worries.

Cool, you don't get it, no worries.
    Rubbish. What he said is perfectly logical. You're the one who doesn't get it.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I find that people with no degree make the best employees myself
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Maybe you don't get it.

Page 9 of 564 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast

Thread Information