Page 65 of 564 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Finding out that Josh Pyke is coming to Wagga , and his gig would probably be 18+.

Man, i'm ropeable.

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Spot the Kiwi
    I'm proud of my heritage bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post

Serial killer much?
    Nah, haven't quite made the leap from misanthrope to sociopath yet...
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

So with Jade Goody now dead, does that Chaser's clip now apply?
    Last edited by Craig; 22-03-2009 at 05:34 AM.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    So with Jade Goody now dead, does that Chaser's clip now apply?

It does indeed, Gordon Brown has joined the tributes, FFS. the Dianaficication of Jade will go on for months now, no point buying a paper or listening to a radio show now in Britain for the forseeable future

interesting she should die on the Sunday too, or at least the news has come through then, just like the blessed Sloane. Wonder if most chav-household will have pics of both now perched on the top of their plasma screens.

My headline would be "unpleasant bully dies", but I doubt that will the tone for our glorious meedja......
    Last edited by grecian; 22-03-2009 at 05:42 AM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    It does indeed, Gordon Brown has joined the tributes, FFS. the Dianaficication of Jade will go on for months now, no point buying a paper or listening to a radio show now in Britain for the forseeable future

interesting she should die on the Sunday too, or at least the news has come through then, just like the blessed Sloane. Wonder if most chav-household will have pics of both now perched on the top of their plasma screens.

My headline would be "unpleasant bully dies", but I doubt that will the tone for our glorious meedja......
    Have to say that when I went to take card/pressie round to mother's this morning pretty much the first thing she said was Jade Goody had died, she'd heard it on Andrew Marr's show. Thought he was like this serious political journo? I made the usual non-committal noises like "Sad for her kids" as I thought a chorus of "Ding dong the witch is dead" mightn't have sat well with mum on mother's day.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Talk about really cheesey. So what actually was she famous for? Bagging out an Indian woman on BB?

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It's really quite nauseating - no reporters outside my mate Benno's house this week (thank god) but he was a thoroughly decent human being, unlike Mrs Tweedy

Talk about really cheesey. So what actually was she famous for? Bagging out an Indian woman on BB?
    Don't really want to go into this too much, because it gets involved. She did have previous stints on reality shows before she bullied Shilpa. She did become a media darling through them, despite finishing fourth in BB3, then finishing fourth in Back to Reality (a flop Big Brother rip-off that bombed). She did clearly have an appeal to certain people because she was a Character, obviously in reality Tv terms the word Character means being the type of person who can start a fight in an empty room, and being exceptionally stupid.

She made a lot of money too, by selling every bit of her personal life, shamelessly.

Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    It's really quite nauseating - no reporters outside my mate Benno's house this week (thank god) but he was a thoroughly decent human being, unlike Mrs Tweedy
    Yes, I'm going to the crematorium to visit my mothers last resting place in a minute, no media fanfare when she passed this corresponding week 7 years ago, but there ya go. She clearly should of gone on a reality tv show, screamed abuse at people and giving one a BJ.

Glad she didn't though to be fair.
    Last edited by grecian; 22-03-2009 at 06:04 AM.

Banned
    Don't really want to go into this too much, because it gets involved. She did have previous stints on reality shows before she bullied Shilpa. She did become a media darling through them, despite finishing fourth in BB3, then finishing fourth in Back to Reality (a flop Big Brother rip-off that bombed). She did clearly have an appeal to certain people because she was a Character, obviously in reality Tv terms the word Character means being the type of person who can start a fight in an empty room, and being exceptionally stupid.

She made a lot of money too, by selling every bit of her personal life, shamelessly.
    I don't think anyone has followed her career so closely than you.

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar

Will be interesting to see what Frankie Boyle has to say on this...

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Have to say that when I went to take card/pressie round to mother's this morning pretty much the first thing she said was Jade Goody had died, she'd heard it on Andrew Marr's show. Thought he was like this serious political journo? I made the usual non-committal noises like "Sad for her kids" as I thought a chorus of "Ding dong the witch is dead" mightn't have sat well with mum on mother's day.
    Haha, gave me a bit of a shock there..
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

It's an interesting thought that in ten years. Will people still care for Jade like they do for Diana?
    Well the Irish did it on St Patrick's day

Rip Fardin Qayyumi, Bob Woolmer and Craig.
    No offence Neil
    "No good thing ever dies." Andy Dufresne. The Shawshank Redemption.
    "Don't interupt the emeny when they're making a mistake" Napoleon

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    No.

They've just been caught up in the 'hype' of her cancer and death, and she has become the new low-grade celebrity that a fair amount of people will talk about for a while before ultimately forgetting her, or even better still - realising that she wasn't deserving of all this fanfare.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Diana who?

Thread Information