Page 61 of 564 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161561 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post

Mine fits in nicely with this I think:

My Co-teacher (Again)

Yes, you who never tells me anything earlier than 5 mins before it's actually happening, who couldn't organise a root in a brothel, and thinks he's God's gift to teaching while he minces around the classroom like Mr G out of Summer Heights High.

Today we had a 'Teacher's Meeting', which I thought would involve talking about what we're going to teach etc etc. Instead I get a meeting between him and me where he takes the chance to be critical of my teaching (this is the guy that comes to class and stares out the window/gets his bookwork up-to-date etc etc) telling me the students are bored and that's why they're noisy in class. There are 40 in a class so the expectation that all of them are going to be interested in English is ridiculous to say the least. I told him I wasn't American and therefore won't dance around the class like a clown, that deluded I think the kids actually care.

You're a **** and I hope the truck reverses to hit you twice if the rest of us are ever fortunate enough to hear that you've been removed from the human population.

Possibly a bit harsh but arrogant, obnoxious 25 year old ****wits whose worldly experience is a one week trip to another Asian country with a mate for backup and who live in a culture that thinks there's one way to do everything and they're the best country in the world as none of them have ever left it to travel grate on me a little.

Not nearly as bad as people who think that because they are well travelled they are a better person than the rest..It's like they have to chose places that have come out of an immense civil war, the worse the crisis, the more the cred.. "Ooh look I've been to Kashmir/Laos/Cambodia, I'm helping kids at the orphanage.." - If your peers weren't so amazed, would you still be doing it? No you'd rather go to a beach in Greece, but don't let anybody hear you say that.. Really gets my goat

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    What I love about you Hingeh is you always say what you think. People will call you on what you've just said, but in many cases it's probably true
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    What I love about you Hingeh is you always say what you think. People will call you on what you've just said, but in many cases it's probably true
    Yeah people won't like it, especially if they have just spent 5000 dollars in a Ho Chi Minh brothel, but that isn't my problem..

This woman from Manchester came up to me last night and said "Owright Love do you Like mih Hair??", I said "No I don't like braids", and we both went home alone

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Not nearly as bad as people who think that because they are well travelled they are a better person than the rest..It's like they have to chose places that have come out of an immense civil war, the worse the crisis, the more the cred.. "Ooh look I've been to Kashmir/Laos/Cambodia, I'm helping kids at the orphanage.." - If your peers weren't so amazed, would you still be doing it? No you'd rather go to a beach in Greece, but don't let anybody hear you say that.. Really gets my goat
    I'd say they're as bad as each other actually. Not everyone that's well travelled chooses out of the way places to go just for credibility. Some are actually interested in other places, and don't spend too much time telling anyone about it because they know noone else cares. Unless, of course, you meet someone who has done the same.

In both the case you've described, and my co-teacher, you're dealing with someone who thinks their way of doing things is immeasurably better than anyone elses. And they completely dismiss the idea that there could be another version of reality. From what I can understand, it's an epidemic here due to the approach they have on life. Which is fine...but annoying if you come from somewhere else sometimes.

Sometimes you actually need to have spend a bit of time in a country where you have no idea what's going on/ can't speak the language/ etc etc to understand what it's like. I certainly would never leave a co-worker who has come from another country and can't understand the language sitting in the office while all the other teachers leave to go to a ceremony he hasn't been told about, or not tell him what's going on from day to day. To me this is common sense, and I'm pretty sure it would be to most people at home.

Is the last part of your post a quote from Karl Pilkington by the way? It sounds familiar (Except that he'd never use the word 'peers'.)
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 19-03-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post

Is the last part of your post a quote from Karl Pilkington by the way? It sounds familiar (Except that he'd never use the word 'peers'.)
    No, I've just been listening to Karl Pilkington so much that I talk like him.. Imagine Kevin Pietersen and Karl Pilkington crossed.

It's arse does more than it's head - Karl on Earthworms

Banned
    Yeah people won't like it, especially if they have just spent 5000 dollars in a Ho Chi Minh brothel, but that isn't my problem..

This woman from Manchester came up to me last night and said "Owright Love do you Like mih Hair??", I said "No I don't like braids", and we both went home alone
    Pathetic.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Precambrian View Post
    Pathetic.
    Whereas the fertile and manly Precambrian would have downed 8 shots of tequila with her and then given her 37 orgasms, without leaving the bar..

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Whereas the fertile and manly Precambrian would have downed 8 shots of tequila with her and then given her 37 orgasms, without leaving the bar..
    Precambrian lost his virginity before his father did.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Pathetic.
    Well, Precam. I've had enough of your belligerent posting. I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt before, but you just seem to be on a one way street to being universally ignored. Really, chill out and stop being so bloody stupid.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Banned
    Woof. I was referring to the stupid girl, you quarrelmonger.

Pinball Champion!
    Awww tx guys x

Pinball Champion!
    Woof. I was referring to the stupid girl, you quarrelmonger.
    I'd have given you the benifit of the doubt if you were someone else

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Well, Precam. I've had enough of your belligerent posting. I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt before, but you just seem to be on a one way street to being universally ignored. Really, chill out and stop being so bloody stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Precambrian lost his virginity before his father did.
    His dimehole virginity I'm assuming.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    His dimehole virginity I'm assuming.
    Classy, who is trolling?

Thread Information