Page 6 of 564 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Interior Design for the record. Completely different things.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Believe Linda has a diploma in Fashion Design. Some kind of design.
    Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

99*
    People that can not play poker. Or rather people that can but have no idea about how badly they play.

Went to a two table SaG hosted by a friend, I've played with most of the people that were there and knew most of their styles. But this time one of the players (whom I did know but only from word of mouth.) decided he would raise every bet made, betting 3/4x the pot. What made this worse was he did this with nothing hands, 37o, Q7s anything he "Had a feeling about", he made me re-buy in the first half hour. Everybody at the table was cringing when it was his turn to act. Thankfully he busted out after a while, doubling me up in the process.

One other player there however is simply the worst person in the world to ever play poker, he's loud, doesn't shut up, can't shuffle or deal and sings at the top of his lungs whenever a song plays. I wasn't even on his table and he drove me wild. What made it worse was he made the final table while I didn't.

Also my own inability to make a call, god, I must be the easiest person to bluff, no matter what pot-odds I get, no matter how good I think my hand is I can't for the life of me put my whole stack on the line unless I have the nuts. And everybody knows it. What makes it worse is once somebody shows me the bluff I feel so sick I have to try win back a big pot. Which in this game caused be to bust out 10th when I went all-in with pocket 4 under the gun (which as soon as I said I knew was a mistake) and the host had QQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey
    She tells me the thing will flatten out, I say "Like your chest?" Bad mistake.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    They're pretty useful if you want to work in relevant fields...

If you want to be a chef, perhaps not so much. On the other hand though, degrees in humanities that focus on research and communication skills probably have more benefit across a range of careers than, say, a degree in physics, which is only going to be of particular use in a small range of fields.
    Maybe in terms of its practical application, but if you're job hunting a Physics BSc looks infinitely better on your CV than a Sociology degree for the vast majority of jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Maybe in terms of its practical application, but if you're job hunting a Physics BSc looks infinitely better on your CV than a Sociology degree for the vast majority of jobs.
    Not if your applying for a job involving sociology or anything that is people and not science based.

Quote Originally Posted by 99* View Post
    But this time one of the players (whom I did know but only from word of mouth.) decided he would raise every bet made, betting 3/4x the pot. What made this worse was he did this with nothing hands, 37o, Q7s anything he "Had a feeling about", he made me re-buy in the first half hour. Everybody at the table was cringing when it was his turn to act. Thankfully he busted out after a while, doubling me up in the process.
    Why do people get angry with players like this? So what if he bets with nothing hands all the time, that's poker and if he makes you fold with nothing fair play to him. If he goes all in and you call him with something, and he has **** all, fair play to you.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    why do people get angry with players like this? So what if he bets with nothing hands all the time, that's poker and if he makes you fold with nothing fair play to him. If he goes all in and you call him with something, and he has **** all, fair play to you.
    awta

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Not if your applying for a job involving sociology or anything that is people and not science based.
    Yeah, that's why i said "vast majority" and not "all".

There aren't many people capable of getting a Physics degree who would fail to get a Sociology one. But not vice-versa.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    Typed and deleted Interior about seven times. Didn't sound right.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Yeah, that's why i said "vast majority" and not "all".

There aren't many people capable of getting a Physics degree who would fail to get a Sociology one. But not vice-versa.
    Still think more jobs would be relevant to a sociology degree then a physics one was my point...so the "vast majority" would be in favour of the sociology and not the physics, despite their apparent ability to do both. Each to their own though.

99*
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Why do people get angry with players like this? So what if he bets with nothing hands all the time, that's poker and if he makes you fold with nothing fair play to him. If he goes all in and you call him with something, and he has **** all, fair play to you.
    Because he is using no skill at all in his playing style. No matter what position or hand he had he would re-raise, constantly. It's not hyper-aggressive play it's just idiotic play.

Quote Originally Posted by 99* View Post
    Because he is using no skill at all in his playing style. No matter what position or hand he had he would re-raise, constantly. It's not hyper-aggressive play it's just idiotic play.
    that saw him winning until someone took him on.

99*
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    that saw him winning until someone took him on.
    Only because people are not willing to stake their life on someone that could play any two cards pre-flop and post flop just to see what happens every hand.

He might only be sucking in the blinds every round but still...

nah do agree, players like that **** me as well.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Yeah totally agreed, thats the beauty of poker, and if you lack the guts to match him then yes he is going to steal a lot of your chips..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Page 6 of 564 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast

Thread Information