Cricket Player Manager
Page 563 of 564 FirstFirst ... 63463513553561562563564 LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 8459
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

cpr
    I liked it, because that helps feed starving kids in Africa, right?
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Crows

The noisy ****ers have been perched right outside our bedroom window in a tree for months and have been increasingly noisy the past few weeks and, while they've undoubtedly learnt a few things looking through our bedroom window, it's time the bastards went! Getting woken up at 5:30 am every morning is wearing thin. Through fair means or foul, they will be gone...
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Go Crowies!! Premiers 2014!!
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Pinball Champion!
    Yeah Facebook is pretty painful and I've come close to deleting my account, but it is just too useful for keeping in touch with people around the world, and organizing things..

I'm fed up of all this slacktivism, people feigning outrage in order to look a better person to their peers online.. Some rugby players posted pictures of them on a hunting trip recently, and they were received like a group of baby rapists.. People doing stuff like tallying up how many rhinos have been poached every time a rhino gets poached. Yeah it's a bad situation and people shouldn't be killing animals for sport, let alone making an industry out of it, but get a sense of perspective for ****s sake. For example I haven't seen anyone tallying up how many humans have been murdered today, or perhaps how many under 30's will die this weekend at the hands of a drink driver.. Okay there are shocking things happening all the time, but people's priorities at what they get angry about I just find really strange..

I guess I just don't love animals enough for Facebook
    Last edited by Langeveldt; 30-11-2013 at 11:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

I never understand that attitude Langeveldt. I completely agree that there is plenty of bs outrage on Facebook and Twitter, sure. But I hate that "yeah but there are worse things going on" response. If we follow that logic, one can never complain about landlords being pricks, breaking laws and treating their tenants like ****, because by God there are homeless people out there so at least the tenants have a roof over their head!

There is no rule that in order to legitimately believe in a cause etc. you must therefore give equal effort to every single other cause out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I never understand that attitude Langeveldt. I completely agree that there is plenty of bs outrage on Facebook and Twitter, sure. But I hate that "yeah but there are worse things going on" response. If we follow that logic, one can never complain about landlords being pricks, breaking laws and treating their tenants like ****, because by God there are homeless people out there so at least the tenants have a roof over their head!

There is no rule that in order to legitimately believe in a cause etc. you must therefore give equal effort to every single other cause out there.
    Think oit's terrible your complaining about that poor post when Gimp has made 10s of 1000s worse
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

I see what you did there.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Pinball Champion!

No fair enough, I just find the levels of outrage directed at these people over the top.. There was a case where one woman from America was posing next to a lion she had shot and killed and there were comments from both guys and girls that were just unbelievable.. The hatred, what they were hoping was going to happen to her was unbelievable..

Perhaps I was attacking the wrong thing and it's over zealous animal rights that grind my goat..

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Crows

The noisy ****ers have been perched right outside our bedroom window in a tree for months and have been increasingly noisy the past few weeks and, while they've undoubtedly learnt a few things looking through our bedroom window, it's time the bastards went! Getting woken up at 5:30 am every morning is wearing thin. Through fair means or foul, they will be gone...
    Progress Report

Have managed to piss the ****ers off enough that they now follow me down the street every time I go outside, making desperate attempts to dive bomb me. Have bought a hooting owl to put on the verandah. Next step is to buy a man-sized owl costume and take up residence in their nest. What does BBQed crow taste like?

Edit: If this fails, I might have to make enquiries as to how one goes about the removal of crows that have clearly lost their minds and pose a threat to innocent humans (that's me by the way - I'm becoming traumatised by the fact I can't go to the mailbox without these little bastards trying to make a nest out of my hair).

Edit 2: Have just looked at the above posts and might start up crow-hunting safaris. Can be done from the front balcony with a beer in hand. Comes with a portfolio to put on Facebook later for the successful participant
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 01-12-2013 at 04:43 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    The other day I was walking through a park and saw a rabbit vs crow fight. Was quality viewing.
    Nate likes this.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Maybe it's you, Son Of Coco. Cause I've never been bothered by a crow.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Maybe it's you, Son Of Coco. Cause I've never been bothered by a crow.
    Look, I'm willing to admit it might have been the stuff I've thrown at them that's caused them to swoop me. I can also tell you apparently garlic only works on vampires, because I've been throwing cloves at them for the past week early of a morning to no effect. The main issue in all of this is that our balcony is perfectly set-up for left-handers to throw things at their nest, and I'm right-handed. I have to flick stuff backhanded at them, which takes some effort.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Why don't you ask the skipper for an end change so you can throw shot at the crows properly?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    you know, george bailey has got some dodgy shoulders and while recovering from shoulder surgery he taught himself to throw with the other hand, and now its really powerful, so why can't you do that

(this post bought to you by michael hussey)

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Why don't you ask the skipper for an end change so you can throw shot at the crows properly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    you know, george bailey has got some dodgy shoulders and while recovering from shoulder surgery he taught himself to throw with the other hand, and now its really powerful, so why can't you do that

(this post bought to you by michael hussey)

Both reasonable suggestions. I might fire a rope across onto the neighbour's balcony adjacent to our place and shimmy across it at midnight so I can get shot at them right-handed.

I have a feeling my left hand is pretty powerful from effort put in during my teenage years, just have to transfer that power further up the arm.

Thread Information