Page 550 of 564 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560 ... LastLast
Results 8,236 to 8,250 of 8447
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Wanker.

That there are so many sharks, shysters, crooks and conmen in the music biz

It's annoying enough to get tons of "We love your music [INSERT BAND]"-like emails, but at least they're sorta easy to spot. Got two calls today alone from arseholes who say stuff like apparently loving the music and want to feature it on a compilation CD. $375 for a 16-20 place on a 20-track CD, sliding scale from there upwards. Leaving aside my natural scepticism, bull**** until proven otherwise, etc. for any opportunities you have to pay for, I mean, ****, virtually cold-calling muso's now?! Not interested, ****, tell your story walking.

Not the worst I've heard of, though. Another one I heard about ages ago in the UK; they'd put you on a compilation for 'only' $2000 (sliding scale depending on track order, obviously) and claim to be shopping it around to radio stations, DJ's, reviewers, etc. and give you play statistics. Reports were that they did none of this, of course, and when you got your monthly play statement and complained, they'd tell you it's because your music sucked/lack of interest and to try again with another track......
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Gotta take the bassline for a walk imo.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    hey aqualung.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Inadequate Parents

Yes, it's difficult to balance keeping up with everything on your smartphone and giving your child the attention it's asking for by screaming its tits off to get your attention...but then, if you didn't want the responsibility of bringing up a child to interfere with you keeping up with Twitter and Facebook there were options you could have taken to avoid the situation before it happened. Meanwhile, child screams when you ignore it, and you eventually take a break from the phone to scream 'SHUT UP', before going back to what you were doing.

It a few years teachers and parents will be trying to clean up the mess you've created.

There needs to be a license system instigated for having kids.

And yes, yes...having a kid is hard work and therefore an excuse for bringing up one that's a ****ing nightmare.

I should add, this was on the train...and on the quiet carriage of all places. Some 2 year olds have no respect. Whether I should've written to the MX's rant section and outlined basically what I have above is debatable however.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 18-10-2012 at 01:21 AM.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

there's a quiet carriage? or you mean the others were noisier?
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

There's an official quiet carriage. It's normally where all the obnoxious ****wits gather to talk loudly on their mobile phones (and I'm not referring to me by the way).

#nannystate

Moved to Malaysia. Arrived on a Thurs and we both started work on the Fri. No school for the kids and no nanny/housekeeper. My parents flew out with little notice and were life savers for the past 3 weeks.

They just arrived back in England and some bastard stole suitcases from the driveway as they were unlocking the house and taking other bags in. ****ing unbelievable. I cant believe it and my Mum is especially upset as one contained all the gifts for her other grandkids.

They found them ripped apart a couple of hundred yards away in an alleyway.

My parents have been so awesome that this has really pissed me off. England? You can keep it.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    #nannystate
    Haha. Well, you are given a choice...it's called the other 4 carriages.

Unfortunately a surprising number of adults can't work this out.

Bottleneck at supermarket entrances.

Why is it that supermarkets install 400 carparks outside their expansive warehouse-sized buildings, yet when you are trying to cross the threshold from the foyer into the supermarket proper (generally the fruit and vege section) there are one or - if you're really lucky - two single lanes, usually with those stupid ****ing anti-theft barriers which make you feel like you're getting a paddling:

And once you emerge with red-raw buttocks, you're generally stuck behind Mr And Mrs Fatarse, who - for the first time in their lives - are contemplating buying vegetables and are oblivious to the fact that their combined width and their trolley are blocking the overflow from the entrance.

Don't punish me for following the rules and going in the right entry (). Otherwise, I might be taking a machine gun in with me next time.
    Last edited by Smudge; 20-10-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Inadequate Parents

Yes, it's difficult to balance keeping up with everything on your smartphone and giving your child the attention it's asking for by screaming its tits off to get your attention...but then, if you didn't want the responsibility of bringing up a child to interfere with you keeping up with Twitter and Facebook there were options you could have taken to avoid the situation before it happened. Meanwhile, child screams when you ignore it, and you eventually take a break from the phone to scream 'SHUT UP', before going back to what you were doing.

It a few years teachers and parents will be trying to clean up the mess you've created.

There needs to be a license system instigated for having kids.

And yes, yes...having a kid is hard work and therefore an excuse for bringing up one that's a ****ing nightmare.

I should add, this was on the train...and on the quiet carriage of all places. Some 2 year olds have no respect. Whether I should've written to the MX's rant section and outlined basically what I have above is debatable however.
    Ignoring a kid who is screaming is the best way to deal with them in my experience, if theyre above baby age anyway. Alas, not on public transport and why the **** would you take a two year old on quiet coach?
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    They should open a new breakfast aisle in supermarkets dedicated to eggs, milk, bread, nutella/peanut butter/jam, pancakes/waffles, cereal, sausages, bacon etc. You should be able to enter it immediately once you get into the supermarket instead of having to weave your way past stoopid lame vegetables and proceeding to 30 different aisles with a basket in your hand all while dodging old chinese women trying to find the perfect soya sauce to add taste to their amazingly bland dish of boiled aforementioned veggies and chicken. The end of the aisle should lead to a dedicated counter 0.5-1m in width where trolleys and anyone carrying more than 10 items are banned. There should also be a conveyor belt going in the opposite direction of the flow of the queue that is set at just the right pace whereby slow walking people are unable to keep up with it and are nicely deposited at the back of the aisle.

A seperate counter should be dedicated to old people as well so they aren't lost in this modern maze, but that's beyond my scope and experience. Heef to give his ideas on that.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    They should open a new breakfast aisle in supermarkets dedicated to eggs, milk, bread, nutella/peanut butter/jam, pancakes/waffles, cereal, sausages, bacon etc. You should be able to enter it immediately once you get into the supermarket instead of having to weave your way past stoopid lame vegetables and proceeding to 30 different aisles with a basket in your hand all while dodging old chinese women trying to find the perfect soya sauce to add taste to their amazingly bland dish of boiled aforementioned veggies and chicken. The end of the aisle should lead to a dedicated counter 0.5-1m in width where trolleys and anyone carrying more than 10 items are banned. There should also be a conveyor belt going in the opposite direction of the flow of the queue that is set at just the right pace whereby slow walking people are unable to keep up with it and are nicely deposited at the back of the aisle.

A seperate counter should be dedicated to old people as well so they aren't lost in this modern maze, but that's beyond my scope and experience. Heef to give his ideas on that.

Kudos for including Nutella as part of a complete breakfast. Good man.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    In New Zealand there is a campaign called "its ok to ask for help" and it is for men who commit acts of family violence.

So I am at the driving range today and there is this joker wearing one of those shirts - and he is just hounding his 6 year old daughter about trying harder after she screws up when trying to hit the ball.
    I just ignored him but really the combination of that shirt and his behaviour was too much.

When I take my 8 year old nephew to the range I just let him be a clown or do whatever he wants.

I am uncertain if he was wearing the shirt because he had been through the program - or if he was some sort of advocate for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Thread Information