Page 55 of 564 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Hot girls who dance all over you when you have a girlfriend

Especially gear-grinding because i know that as soon as i turn single, none will be having any at all.
    yep....once i was hitched...think i mentioned this before...the girls from my hometown suddenly thought i was attractive and worth grinding against.

Now im single again it's like walking through the sahara looking for a dolphin.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    I'm trying to remember the letter, went something like this;

What has society become when a woman who has taken advantage of everything she has been given is given more attention, publicity and sympathy than a man who fought a world war supposedly to maintain freedom for his children and future generations and has worked tirelessly for his family throughout his life. In today's world were thousands are being killed in dubiously moral wars and millions in famine are we concerning ourselves more with the likes of Jade Goody? What has she achieved? Who has she helped? What has she left behind? The answer to these questions should be obvious yet to the growing majority in the media and society they believe her to be an important aspect of modern culture, enough so to be put on the front page of not just the tabloids, yet the mid-markets and even the broadsheets. Yet most people simply aren't smart enough to ask questions.

Today in study plus (a lesson which I disagree with all together seeing as it is only an excuse to keep the rest of the students occupied whilst the aim-higher group are being manipulated into picking universities, a group which I refused to take part in despite being offered) We were given a lesson on how the media use writing techniques to display the "News" We were given a news article. Was it about the Pakistani terrorist attack? Perhaps an article on the current financial downturn? The War on terror? Gordon Brown's visit to the white house to discuss the future of Britain and America? No It was a group of articles on Jade Goody's struggle with cancer, Now personally I am disgraced that a school supposedly responsible for teaching hundreds of young and impressionable minds and preparing them for adult life have taken part in clouding there minds with this mindless drivel, I only hope you Mr. ****** look into the lesson which Miss ****** has arranged and sanctioned, thank you for reading.
    Sounds like a good debate to bring up in the class...or is debate frowned upon hence your leaving?
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post

Swedish
    Not the country, or the people, as I'm sure they are both very nice.. I live next door to a Swedish couple and it has to be one of the worst sounding languages of all time.. Like listening to a slow motion playback of a baby drowning.. And this is from someone who speaks another notouriously ugly language, Afrikaans.. Seems that the hotter the girls get from a particular culture, the uglier the language to make up for it..

Nooo...I think it sounds great. Much different to the languages that sound like a Werther's Original has gone down the wrong way. Sounds like they're singing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    nah, possibly the saviour, if we can work out a way to harness renewable energy and creat abundance, surely the standard of living across the world could improve! The human race doesn't give a **** about the individual in the long run, capitalism at it's most uneqaul may just be the means to a better end in the future.

Isn't greed just a made up abstract concept anyway, that the 'herd' can manipulate to justify their own situation as being 'better' or more 'moral' than another? Whilst equality is an important part of a society, if gained fairly (hmm) why should one feel guilty for accumulation of wealth? Especially if this average standard is determined by environment, different standards in an African town than Luxembourg for example.
    I don't see how creating an abundance of energy = greed though...energy's a basic necessity for life these days. One person hoarding available energy and selling it as a massive price would = greed.

I think greed is something the 'herd' embraces as they compete with their neighbours to get better cars and bigger houses. Banks inviting people to get into massive debts as they tried to keep up with The Jones helped us get into the situation we're in at the moment.

Greed clouds over better moral judgements and creates a 'me,me,me' approach...it's not the same as accumulating wealth through proficiency at something.

Quote Originally Posted by Precambrian View Post
    Me and mates were going out for lunch, and were stopped at a traffic signal. A eunuch suddenly approached the car, and asked for money. Before my mate could respond, up went the skirt, leaving us speechless and disgusted, and later in splits.

TBH, (S)he looked quite femmy.
    eunuch definition | Dictionary.com

Signatures are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
    Cricket Web Red
    FC:
    263 Matches. 1830 Runs @ 7.66. HS: 57*. 92 Ducks. 170 Catches
    1107 Wickets @ 26.91 . BB 7/38
    First CW player to reach 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 FC wickets

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Yeh, I thought that story was a bit weird.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Yeh, I thought that story was a bit weird.
    No sex please, we're eunuchs - Health News, Health & Wellbeing - The Independent

In the past, eunuchs enjoyed the patronage of Hindu kings in whose courts they would sing and dance to ward off evil spirits. Today they play on the deep superstitions of Indian families, threatening the families of male new-borns and brides with the "Evil Eye". Most of India's 800,000 eunuchs are castrated as children to make them appear more like females.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    yep....once i was hitched...think i mentioned this before...the girls from my hometown suddenly thought i was attractive and worth grinding against.

Now im single again it's like walking through the sahara looking for a dolphin.
    Yeh, but you know why taken guys are automatically more attractive to girls? Because they can get some attention without fear of being face raped
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Yeh, but you know why taken guys are automatically more attractive to girls? Because they can get some attention without fear of being face raped
    Most of them aren't aware that i have a girlfriend.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Uppercut's right. It happens all the time, one that I remember a few years back, I was at a 21st and there was a really hot barmaid practically begging me for it, a few years later I'm drunk and alone, and where are the hot barmaids now? Nowhere!
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    You'd think being drunk would help the hot barmaids appear, apparantly not.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Oh it helps them appear, but the drunker I get the less liekly the barmaids are to want me

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Oh it helps them appear, but the drunker I get the less liekly the barmaids are to want me
    And considering your starting point, that really doesn't bode well...

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    And considering your starting point, that really doesn't bode well...
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Nah, its all part of a conspiracy to degrade men into nothing more than sex objects, and to torture them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Thread Information