Page 548 of 564 FirstFirst ... 48448498538546547548549550558 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 8451
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    I can understand that, though it certainly sounds to me like the bloke needs his card marked - for the greater good et al

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    It's not really worth going to a tribunal over. It just irritates me that someone can be so pissy over marking in a first-year course. I was allowed to sit the makeup exam, technically nothing was done wrong on their part unless Australia starts a public WAC registry.
    I wouldn't have thought you'd be able to set a make-up test that is immeasurably harder than the other one...although I guess he can do whatever he wants really.

Had a situation with a Social Psych lecturer years ago who was similarly picky with the answers to the test. More than 50% of us failed the mid-semester, and he basically said it was because we were stupid. I got 46/100 and walked out of the test thinking I'd done really well. It came down to us not explaining something exactly the way he wanted us to, which I thought was strange considering we were studying psychology. In short, bloke was a complete and utter ****.

Inevitably lecturers panic when they see half the class failing though, so the rest of the course was a breeze relatively speaking.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 02-09-2012 at 02:52 AM.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Yeah, that's the only consolation here. Unis freak out if heaps of students fail, especially if it's a course with heaps of international students. Those student evaluations are used to beat lecturers over the head quite a bit.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Ungrateful mates

So I've spent the last few months writing a revue (to the uninformed, it's basically Arrested Development-style skits with a few dubbed songs mixed in). Naturally, I'd like to commemorate the death of my academic semester (dick jokes are surprisingly time-consuming) with a few of my nearest and dearest uni friends actually laying eyes on the ****ing thing. When I try to solicit them, I'm met with a ****ing litany of joyless ****s telling me that they 'desperately need to study' or that they're arbitrating some debate between some shrill private-school ****wipes for $50.

Normally I would understand. But there's a frontier in anyone's life when you yearn in your heart of hearts to have your work recognized, for better or worse, by people whose opinion you value. But instead I'm slapped with the proverbial double whammy of being pissed off and pissed on.

FTR, study boy (law student, naturally) has already got a clerkship lined up, so all he's set to achieve from outdoing Benedict Arnold is to have a slightly more ****-worthy academic transcript. Debater girl apparently had nobody else among dozens of polemically qualified friends to fill in for her. Yet another came up short because he was watching the Republi**** National Convention. Douchecanoe number four had gastroenteritis which magically cleared up the next night when a more prestigious revue was performing. Wanted to punch the thunder**** in the stomach. To check the validity of his diagnosis, naturally.

FMD, pass the Stilnox. If Grant has any left.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Yet another came up short because he was watching the Republi**** National Convention.

best
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Douchecanoe

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    They might have declined because they've read your earlier work..
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    My Writer Mates who get ****ty when I won't read his scripts

Seriously my mate came up to me the other day and he's like read my script for this revue thing, you'll love it i'ts heaps funny with dick jokes a plenty. Now this bloke ain't much of a writer and even worse as a comedian - we sort of just tolerate him for his money and the coffees he buys us while we wear our chinos. Now I love a good revue more than anyone but this gastroenteritis infecting my colon has to take priority. The look he gave me when I refused to read it made me feel like I'd Just gastro'd on the blokes chest. Felt him giving me death eyes earlier when I went to this other review the next day, mind you I had 3 tampons up my arse to stop the leakage. I mean ****, sorry I've just got alot on at the moment and don't have the time or energy to give a decent critique on a revue that may get 4.1 hipster chuckles out of 13.6 on the Nietzsche scale of discombobulation. I appreciate it's taken a lot of time and effort to write it but ****, that's why i'm pulling in honors and getting a better academic transcript, it's ****ing competitive this world and I'll work as hard as I can to get ahead first before writing plays. That will be my priority, and probably my other mates as well.

EDIT: just quietly, solid rant LHC
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar

When people tell you you're registered to vote, but you aren't on the roll.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    iPad autocorrections

Such a ducking worthless aunt of a feature.

I thought the same thing until I turned it off
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Privacy movement finds strength in crypto night

This is lame on so many levels. Tor is for people who genuinely need to hide their online tracks because they're in fear for their lives, not your torrenting or masturbatory /r/gore viewing FFS.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Meh, seems fine to me. A single stupid piracy lawsuit has been known to destroy people's lives.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Cover tracks any other way you like but don't use Tor, that's what I'm getting at. Seriously, it's fair dick move to use it if you're torrenting. There are people who lives are being put at risk because the network resources are being taken up by arseholes downloading BB Season 5.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 23-09-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Thread Information