Page 53 of 564 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Human's are just greedy. Greed will be the downfall of the human race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Our lack of defenses against werewolves, imo.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    Wondering whether to sig that.
    There'll be some kind of royalty due.
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Stupid Squad Numbers

So AC Milan finished today with numbers 76 (Shevchenko), 77 (Antonini) and 84 (Flamini) on the pitch, Atlanta could only muster no 55 after taking off no 79

In my eyes, you play to be in the 11. Ok you might end up with a number outside that at first, but your aim is to be considered one of your teams top 11 players and should covet one of those numbers, and the history that goes with it. Fair enough players such as Scholes who came through the ranks, got handed 18 and decided to keep it for his career, but signing for a club and asking for such a stupid number should be banned
    Not sure about Antonini, but Shevchenko and Flamini both have their respective numbers as that is the year they were born in, and that is the reason why Ronaldinho has the number 80, as he was born in 1980. Shevchenko did want his old no. 7 back, but Pato did not want to give it up. Sounds pretty trival though.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

And Seedorf wouldn't give up Ronaldihno's traditional number (11 I think).
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    my account logs out after 5mins of non activity, so many great, insightful, though provoking and perhaps life changing posts lost, never to be repeated again in such a brilliant fashion
    Last edited by Redbacks; 09-03-2009 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Would've punched the teacher there and then TBH.

Woman gets cancer, woman knows its terminal, woman spends last few months of her life doing what she would like, including getting married to the man she loves before she leaves this world.

Which happened a few days ago, but did any newspaper give a **** about Wendy Richards. Is it because she spent 30 years as a staple part of TV? Is it because she wasnt on Big Brother. Is it because she showed enough self respect in her final days not to flog everything about her life, including her wedding video ffs?

Sorry your ill Jade, truely. But now **** off out of the news, because your NOT newsworthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Yeah that's true. The man pickled someone else's liver ffs.

But at least there's some redeeming features to remember. If, for one day, some people want to get nostalgic about his outrageous skills and witty remarks then I guess they can. Jady Goody has no redeeming features. She's abnormally stupid, ignorant, attention-seeking and racist. But I get dirty looks for calling a **** a **** because she's about to croak. ****, several people have died in the time it took me to write this post and the chances are that not one of them was as much as a prick as Jade Goody. ****ing joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    I'm trying to remember the letter, went something like this;

What has society become when a woman who has taken advantage of everything she has been given is given more attention, publicity and sympathy than a man who fought a world war supposedly to maintain freedom for his children and future generations and has worked tirelessly for his family throughout his life. In today's world were thousands are being killed in dubiously moral wars and millions in famine are we concerning ourselves more with the likes of Jade Goody? What has she achieved? Who has she helped? What has she left behind? The answer to these questions should be obvious yet to the growing majority in the media and society they believe her to be an important aspect of modern culture, enough so to be put on the front page of not just the tabloids, yet the mid-markets and even the broadsheets. Yet most people simply aren't smart enough to ask questions.

Today in study plus (a lesson which I disagree with all together seeing as it is only an excuse to keep the rest of the students occupied whilst the aim-higher group are being manipulated into picking universities, a group which I refused to take part in despite being offered) We were given a lesson on how the media use writing techniques to display the "News" We were given a news article. Was it about the Pakistani terrorist attack? Perhaps an article on the current financial downturn? The War on terror? Gordon Brown's visit to the white house to discuss the future of Britain and America? No It was a group of articles on Jade Goody's struggle with cancer, Now personally I am disgraced that a school supposedly responsible for teaching hundreds of young and impressionable minds and preparing them for adult life have taken part in clouding there minds with this mindless drivel, I only hope you Mr. ****** look into the lesson which Miss ****** has arranged and sanctioned, thank you for reading.
    I heart all you guys so much right now.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Fight the power CDM, **** the norm

edit. That was actually awesome CDM. Should listen to some Rage Against The Machine young fella
    Last edited by GotSpin; 09-03-2009 at 05:24 AM.

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Human's are just greedy. Greed will be the downfall of the human race.
    nah, possibly the saviour, if we can work out a way to harness renewable energy and creat abundance, surely the standard of living across the world could improve! The human race doesn't give a **** about the individual in the long run, capitalism at it's most uneqaul may just be the means to a better end in the future.

Isn't greed just a made up abstract concept anyway, that the 'herd' can manipulate to justify their own situation as being 'better' or more 'moral' than another? Whilst equality is an important part of a society, if gained fairly (hmm) why should one feel guilty for accumulation of wealth? Especially if this average standard is determined by environment, different standards in an African town than Luxembourg for example.

Pinball Champion!
    Perhaps everyone on here is just jealous that they aren't famous for sucking **** and being silly in a house with eight other bozos..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Perhaps everyone on here is just jealous that they aren't famous for sucking **** and being silly in a house with eight other bozos..
    Yeah I've always wanted to blow a short fat balding brummie. Now my youth and looks are gone, I fear it may never happen
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    The Hard of Hearing

Not as a group, but the wuck fits who completely misunderstand the dynamic of their condition and SHOUT REALLY LOUDLY from inches away. It's like being assailed by a slow-witted fog horn with bad breath.

See, geniuses I can hear. Get a hearing aid that works & STFU, eh?
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Pinball Champion!
    On the converse, people who say "Say what?"

Time to cut the friendship off immediately then

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    On the converse, people who say "Say what?"

Time to cut the friendship off immediately then
    You and Camps having a tiff?
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp