Page 52 of 564 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Yeah, deadset, thankfully the nerd in glasses who gave a girl ten orgasms in one night and ran over a begger has moved out of this place
    This guys a buff as rower, so he might be able to pass that one off easier if he tries it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    I'm trying to remember the letter, went something like this;

What has society become when a woman who has taken advantage of everything she has been given is given more attention, publicity and sympathy than a man who fought a world war supposedly to maintain freedom for his children and future generations and has worked tirelessly for his family throughout his life. In today's world were thousands are being killed in dubiously moral wars and millions in famine are we concerning ourselves more with the likes of Jade Goody? What has she achieved? Who has she helped? What has she left behind? The answer to these questions should be obvious yet to the growing majority in the media and society they believe her to be an important aspect of modern culture, enough so to be put on the front page of not just the tabloids, yet the mid-markets and even the broadsheets. Yet most people simply aren't smart enough to ask questions.

Today in study plus (a lesson which I disagree with all together seeing as it is only an excuse to keep the rest of the students occupied whilst the aim-higher group are being manipulated into picking universities, a group which I refused to take part in despite being offered) We were given a lesson on how the media use writing techniques to display the "News" We were given a news article. Was it about the Pakistani terrorist attack? Perhaps an article on the current financial downturn? The War on terror? Gordon Brown's visit to the white house to discuss the future of Britain and America? No It was a group of articles on Jade Goody's struggle with cancer, Now personally I am disgraced that a school supposedly responsible for teaching hundreds of young and impressionable minds and preparing them for adult life have taken part in clouding there minds with this mindless drivel, I only hope you Mr. ****** look into the lesson which Miss ****** has arranged and sanctioned, thank you for reading.
    :
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Pinball Champion!
    Birthday speeches
    Absolutely suck, and all my friends seem to love them.. Hate it when everyone just wants to get drunk, and you get the one serious oke going "Jaa well me and him were so close like best buddies thank you for our friendship" - Put your flower away ****
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Johnson not hurting Duminy or Steyn

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Johnson not hurting Duminy or Steyn

Luffy

Worst person for mine

Pinball Champion!
    People who ride stupidly loud motorbikes
    Yeah great, you've got a Harley to make up for lacking something I'm sure, so I have to listen to you driving along the seafront.. I'm glad the road death rate is higher for people like you

Swedish
    Not the country, or the people, as I'm sure they are both very nice.. I live next door to a Swedish couple and it has to be one of the worst sounding languages of all time.. Like listening to a slow motion playback of a baby drowning.. And this is from someone who speaks another notouriously ugly language, Afrikaans.. Seems that the hotter the girls get from a particular culture, the uglier the language to make up for it..

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Good to see I'm not the only one with those thoughts about Jade Goody. Hate the way that a media that wanted her dead just two years ago now has taglines such as "Brave Jade pulling a face" etc

Uppercut & cpr, great comments on the matter.

CDM, I have called you on many of your posts in OT in the past, I think you have really come of age with what you have said in your last few posts in this thread. Well done, really impressed, wish I had ever had the grapefruits to do something like that
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

cpr
    Stupid Squad Numbers

So AC Milan finished today with numbers 76 (Shevchenko), 77 (Antonini) and 84 (Flamini) on the pitch, Atlanta could only muster no 55 after taking off no 79

In my eyes, you play to be in the 11. Ok you might end up with a number outside that at first, but your aim is to be considered one of your teams top 11 players and should covet one of those numbers, and the history that goes with it. Fair enough players such as Scholes who came through the ranks, got handed 18 and decided to keep it for his career, but signing for a club and asking for such a stupid number should be banned
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    CDM, listen to me. Humanity is ****ed. Knowledge, perspective and wisdom are no longer valued attributes (not sure if they ever were tbh). Jade Goody is actually compelling to most people - and most people are idiots, born only to consume, pay taxes and die. Life gets a hell of a lot simpler of you just embrace misanthropy.

But yeah, good effort with the letter. Fight the power my friend
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam View Post
    CDM, listen to me. Humanity is ****ed. Knowledge, perspective and wisdom are no longer valued attributes (not sure if they ever were tbh). Jade Goody is actually compelling to most people - and most people are idiots, born only to consume, pay taxes and die. Life gets a hell of a lot simpler of you just embrace misanthropy.
    Wondering whether to sig that. And thanks for the encouragement everyone.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

Pinball Champion!
    This Jade Goody argument is an interesting one, no doubt getting cancer was a great career move.. Bob Marley, Jesus Christ and Elvis Presley might all be dead, but they are now more popular than ever...

Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    This Jade Goody argument is an interesting one, no doubt getting cancer was a great career move.. Bob Marley, Jesus Christ and Elvis Presley might all be dead, but they are now more popular than ever...
    I've often thought of starting a thread about when it would of been the best time for people to die to get the most fame.

James Dean, JFK, Diana, and Che Guevara being the best examples of this, IMHO.

I think early death would of been a massive career boon to the likes of Orson Welles........
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Pinball Champion!
    Jesus was nailed to a plank of wood
    2000 years later, her book sales are still good

Wanking with a bag on your head tied to a door,
    That bloke from INXS, he knew the score

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Stupid Squad Numbers

So AC Milan finished today with numbers 76 (Shevchenko), 77 (Antonini) and 84 (Flamini) on the pitch, Atlanta could only muster no 55 after taking off no 79

In my eyes, you play to be in the 11. Ok you might end up with a number outside that at first, but your aim is to be considered one of your teams top 11 players and should covet one of those numbers, and the history that goes with it. Fair enough players such as Scholes who came through the ranks, got handed 18 and decided to keep it for his career, but signing for a club and asking for such a stupid number should be banned
    Yeah, does my head in. It would be a little romantic to want a return to 1-11, no names, but that won't happen. At least teams should be prevented from giving a player a higher squad number when a lower, free number exists. They could be forced to reasign at the end of the season, would look so much neater.

I'd also prefer the non-American system to be introduced in cricket as well, but that's another matter.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam View Post

But yeah, good effort with the letter. Fight the power my friend
    Tbf we still have more brains than those before us, so whilst we're ****ed, we are sure good at stumbling blindly in the right direction.

Thread Information