Page 505 of 564 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505506507515555 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 8451
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylez View Post
    Although, there are a few judgemental people who I know who happen to just completely despise drinking. Even a few beers with some mates is an issue for these people. They should just worry about themselves IMO, usually these people aren't the most popular people either.
    Yeah, that pretty much sums me up. I try not to judge them, but generally leave the conversation if they start going on and on about it. And I try to make sure I'm not there when people are out doing that kind of thing.

If people want to drink, fine. I don't like it and don't want to be a part of it, but I'm not going to force my views onto them because of that. Its a personal choice.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Most people underage drink these days, myself included. I don't have a huge issue with it as I do it myself. I hate it when the same people always talk themselves up about it though and also think that they're top **** for doing it. I know some guys that drink literally all the time and are only 16/17 which is over the top IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    Yeah, that's not where the problem is. I'm a mild to moderate drinker myself. The problem, as you seem to be saying, is the ****s who think you can't have a good time without getting COMPLETELY ****faced, and who talk about it pretty much every day with pride, who make up a quite shocking proportion of the age group.
    Agreed. Some people are just obsessed with it, usually these are the same people who are known to participate in some other dodgy activities. It's almost a competition at times between some of the braggers, I even seen some guys pretend to be drunk FFS. I enjoy drinking and I'd say I'm a moderate drinker mostly but the subject is just impossible to properly talk about around certain people.

Although, there are a few judgemental people who I know who happen to just completely despise drinking. Even a few beers with some mates is an issue for these people. They should just worry about themselves IMO, usually these people aren't the most popular people either.
    Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post
    Half of my friend group are exactly the same, every weekend they end up smashed. And it ruins them. It really does.

I swear half my school is involved in some 'cruiser challenge' thing. Yay for binge drinking competitions

I'll admit, I did it a couple of times. But I never got completely drunk and I managed to learn from my mistakes and get out before it was too late. And yeah, the amount of people doing it is crazy. Its not fun watching helplessly as your friends screw up their lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    who's gettingggg pissed as parrots tonight? yewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

im off my dick right now
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Yeah, that pretty much sums me up. I try not to judge them, but generally leave the conversation if they start going on and on about it. And I try to make sure I'm not there when people are out doing that kind of thing.

If people want to drink, fine. I don't like it and don't want to be a part of it, but I'm not going to force my views onto them because of that. Its a personal choice.
    dont be a hater just because u cant skull 10 schooies in 10 mins u bitch. yewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I'm now off to commit petty theft and larceny. yewww
    Last edited by GotSpin; 22-06-2011 at 05:38 AM.
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

I'll admit, I did it a couple of times. But I never got completely drunk and I managed to learn from my mistakes and get out before it was too late. And yeah, the amount of people doing it is crazy. Its not fun watching helplessly as your friends screw up their lives.
    Are they screwing up their lives though? For some people yes, but for a fair amount of people drinking is just good fun ( for me it is when I do it ). I've only been fairly drunk/smashed a few times and I don't consider myself a screw up.

dont be a hater just because u cant skull 10 schooies in 10 mins u bitch. yewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I'm now off to commit petty theft and larceny. yewww

This bloke knows where it's at ^.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Hing's finest moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Last edited by Spikey; 22-06-2011 at 08:26 AM.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Being proud of your race is ok, unless your white, then it's racist | Facebook

AMong the gems:

"it doesnt matter what colour u are we all have the same body parts and same feelings, just i believe if u werent born here then you should go home im not being Racist but thats wat i believe, people come over here and get handed everyfink on a plate.. And i hate it when i see advert for people to donate money to the children in africa at the end of the day if u cant afford them or look after them then dont have them!!! "

"Blacks and Asians are so quick to blame us for all the problems in their ****ty little lives..."

"Oh this is so true. This is why I hate this ****hole 70% ain't even English "

And then thankfully I found this:

"quite honestly looking through these comments theres no reason for white people to be proud of their race. I was but turns out there are a lot of racist ****s out there. **** the BNP"

What depressed me was that I found this page through quite a few friends liking it. I'm not the most liberal-minded or politically correct guy out there, but seriously. WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Haha, I was thinking that when I first saw you post the link (about you not being the world's biggest liberal), that it'd be a funny pisstake or something. But it was just sad...

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    What really grinds my gears is that I'd have to Like it to post on there and tell them all how ****ing stupid they are. Maybe for the best tbf

Curveball Champion!
    Yeah facebook really is the pits for stuff like that. Just tend to avoid anything that looks like that before I get annoyed.

Curveball Champion!
    Sometimes totally worth it though. The response to some bint trolling on a RIP Ryan Dunn page..

You're very ugly, so your opinion doesn't matter Jade. Please proceed to die in a pit.

Pinball Champion!
    who's gettingggg pissed as parrots tonight? yewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

im off my dick right now
    wish there was a like button on cricketweb
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Being proud of your race is ok, unless your white, then it's racist | Facebook

AMong the gems:

"it doesnt matter what colour u are we all have the same body parts and same feelings, just i believe if u werent born here then you should go home im not being Racist but thats wat i believe, people come over here and get handed everyfink on a plate.. And i hate it when i see advert for people to donate money to the children in africa at the end of the day if u cant afford them or look after them then dont have them!!! "

"Blacks and Asians are so quick to blame us for all the problems in their ****ty little lives..."

"Oh this is so true. This is why I hate this ****hole 70% ain't even English "

And then thankfully I found this:

"quite honestly looking through these comments theres no reason for white people to be proud of their race. I was but turns out there are a lot of racist ****s out there. **** the BNP"

What depressed me was that I found this page through quite a few friends liking it. I'm not the most liberal-minded or politically correct guy out there, but seriously. WTF.
    There are conditions that breed these attitudes though.. We're dealing with that in post-apartheid South Africa right now.. The viewpoints might be misguided and ill-thought, but the reasons for them being there aren't always so..

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    What depressed me was that I found this page through quite a few friends liking it.
    Well, to be fair to them, liking a Facebook page doesn't mean you support all the comments; just the title of it and the description (if it has one). And while the title obviously lends itself to moron racists liking it and posting comments, I don't think there's that much wrong with the sarcastic statement in itself. There's a little bit of truth to it in some areas of society IMO.

No doubt those comments you posted, and the vast majority of them on there, are an absolutely disgrace to humanity though. They anger me greatly. People like that do absolutely nothing to support the cause of those who think political correctness has gone too far in some areas and that some people are becoming over-sensitive to things completely out of context. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find any sort of association or group that opposes political correctness, affirmative action etc that hasn't been over-run by moron racist rednecks. What grinds my gears is racists thinking colour-blindness appeals to their ideals.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 22-06-2011 at 06:14 PM.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Nah, the sentiment in the title is garbage as well.

The thing is, being "proud of your race" in and of itself is pretty stupid, without specific social conditions to make it relevant. There's nothing to be proud of, right? You didn't do anything to earn your racial categorisation and, racists aside, nobody thinks it defines your character that you are a particular race, so what exactly are you proud of?

The sole and obvious exception to this is if you are raised in a social environment that teaches you that your race is somehow inferior or undesirable, and deal your whole life with people looking at and treating you differently because of this broad categorisation which should obviously define absolutely nothing about who you can be. In that situation, saying "you know what? I'm proud of my race" is a meaningful political statement, in the same way as being proud to be gay is a meaningful statement in a cultural climate that hates gay people. It's coming forward and saying "**** you, there's nothing wrong with what I am, no matter what you tell me". It is not, in short, about saying that your race is somehow better than the alternative, which is what pride would imply under other conditions.

Being proud to be white, or any other social group that is the un-marked representation of the status quo in your particular culture is problematic and suggests predjudice, because you have nothing to be proud of. You're essentially claiming pride in something which carries absolutely no cultural significance, is the active definition of normality in your culture and limits and defines you in no way at all, but that is defined in some areas of your culture as better than the alternative. You're aligning yourself with those elements in the process. It's like saying "I'm proud to be somewhere between 4 and 8 feet tall".
    Last edited by FaaipDeOiad; 22-06-2011 at 09:39 PM.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Thread Information