Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 8459
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Sigh
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    And look how happy he is!
    It has to be said that this is a great post
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

It has to be said that you're a ****.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Teenage drinking

Its all they ever talk about. I'm sick and tired of hearing about how smashed you were on the weekend and in-depth descriptions of how you were throwing up on your friends. I'm so over listening to them talk about how they're ****ing up their lives with the stuff.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Awta, from a teenager.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    It has to be said that you're a ****.
    Don't you have a cloud to yell at instead of targeting polite young men like me?

You are a cloud on everyone's horizon.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say he's polarising. People don't love him or hate him.

Many hate him, and the others don't share the same hate. They generally just tolerate him.
    I've gone from hating him to not being offended at all.. Not really sure why though
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Maybe you figured out that hating on complete strangers based on their media persona is a bit of a waste of time? Done the same about Bieber and Black recently.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    Maybe you figured out that hating on complete strangers based on their media persona is a bit of a waste of time? Done the same about Bieber and Black recently.
    Not sure, I often get annoyed at commentators who are paid to do a dream job that we would all love to have, the least they could be is good.. Perhaps he is improving.

Bieber, well I'd turn myself into a homo if it meant I was on that kind of money with that amount of glams..

Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post
    Teenage drinking

Its all they ever talk about. I'm sick and tired of hearing about how smashed you were on the weekend and in-depth descriptions of how you were throwing up on your friends. I'm so over listening to them talk about how they're ****ing up their lives with the stuff.
    Most people underage drink these days, myself included. I don't have a huge issue with it as I do it myself. I hate it when the same people always talk themselves up about it though and also think that they're top **** for doing it. I know some guys that drink literally all the time and are only 16/17 which is over the top IMO.

Yeah, that's not where the problem is. I'm a mild to moderate drinker myself. The problem, as you seem to be saying, is the ****s who think you can't have a good time without getting COMPLETELY ****faced, and who talk about it pretty much every day with pride, who make up a quite shocking proportion of the age group.
    Last edited by wellAlbidarned; 22-06-2011 at 04:31 AM.

Yeah, that's not where the problem is. I'm a mild to moderate drinker myself. The problem, as you seem to be saying, is the ****s who think you can't have a good time without getting COMPLETELY ****faced, and who talk about it pretty much every day with pride, who make up a quite shocking proportion of the age group.
    Agreed. Some people are just obsessed with it, usually these are the same people who are known to participate in some other dodgy activities. It's almost a competition at times between some of the braggers, I even seen some guys pretend to be drunk FFS. I enjoy drinking and I'd say I'm a moderate drinker mostly but the subject is just impossible to properly talk about around certain people.

Although, there are a few judgemental people who I know who happen to just completely despise drinking. Even a few beers with some mates is an issue for these people. They should just worry about themselves IMO, usually these people aren't the most popular people either.
    Last edited by Kylez; 22-06-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylez View Post
    Most people underage drink these days, myself included. I don't have a huge issue with it as I do it myself. I hate it when the same people always talk themselves up about it though and also think that they're top **** for doing it. I know some guys that drink literally all the time and are only 16/17 which is over the top IMO.
    Half of my friend group are exactly the same, every weekend they end up smashed. And it ruins them. It really does.

I swear half my school is involved in some 'cruiser challenge' thing. Yay for binge drinking competitions

I'll admit, I did it a couple of times. But I never got completely drunk and I managed to learn from my mistakes and get out before it was too late. And yeah, the amount of people doing it is crazy. Its not fun watching helplessly as your friends screw up their lives.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    who's gettingggg pissed as parrots tonight? yewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

im off my dick right now
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Thread Information