Page 501 of 564 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 8451
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Adelle's music is utter trash.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

My laptop

Keeps crashing. The DVD ROM isn't working anymore(repaired twice in the last year), has food stains on it(My bad), weighs a ****load, has a million viruses and does not have any non-battery use, literally. It shuts down the second there's no power supply.

Looking to get a new one, only have 700$-750$(In Indian money, can be slightly cheaper/costlier here) to spend though. Anyone know cheap, light, dependable laptops? I have no interest whatsoever in gaming.

Friend suggested this. Reckon I can bargain and get it at about 30,000(650$ approx)
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Dunno what prices are like in India but for a 1st gen i3 (with no OS?) that's way too much. Should be able to get at least a 2nd gen i5 with Windows 7 included for that price.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Keeps crashing. The DVD ROM isn't working anymore(repaired twice in the last year), has food stains on it(My bad), weighs a ****load, has a million viruses and does not have any non-battery use, literally. It shuts down the second there's no power supply.

Looking to get a new one, only have 700$-750$(In Indian money, can be slightly cheaper/costlier here) to spend though. Anyone know cheap, light, dependable laptops? I have no interest whatsoever in gaming.

Friend suggested this. Reckon I can bargain and get it at about 30,000(650$ approx)
    You'll probably be needing one for college so you might as well get a decent one. Use that as your selling point, you can pump your parents to cough up a bit extra.

cpr
    Virgin Media

Upgraded the line yesterday, sent me a text at 10.30am saying its all done, and they've emailed me the relevant details. Now the on-the-ball chaps here will have seen the fundemental flaw in that, as I did when I got home at 6pm to find the net completely down.

Flatmate rang them this morning, 10 minutes of trouble shooting and they've escalated a fault. I've come to my sisters for the weekend, and noticed i've not had any emails off them. Thought i'd ring them aswel

Conversation went along these lines
    Them: We've escalated the fault, it'll take a few weeks
    Me: Thats fine, but if you tell me what was in that email, it might be something at our end
    Them: Its ok, we've escalated the fault, it'll take a few weeks.

7 minutes later, they finally, FINALLY go through the email, and confirm our username has changed! Texted flatmate, he's back on line within 2 minutes.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

I feel your pain. Just ****ing impossible to deal with.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamc View Post
    Dunno what prices are like in India but for a 1st gen i3 (with no OS?) that's way too much. Should be able to get at least a 2nd gen i5 with Windows 7 included for that price.
    Ubuntu.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

So with Benchy. Do not rate fringes at all.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Massey University Human Geography Markers

So I got my final essay back today. First we had to hand in a draft which I got back ages ago and most the ticks for content etc were in the "good" column with a few in the "average" column, and none in the poor. We were allowed to hand in the draft as our final copy as is if we wanted, which I pretty much did because I was busy with other subjects and my essay was deemed decent.

I went and picked up my essay today, expecting a decent enough mark considering they liked the draft, and what mark do I get? Why, a C- of course. What the ****? If it was that bad, you think they would have given my draft some **** marks no? They complain my examples are poor when in the draft they marked them as average. They also have a whinge about my word count not being within 10% of 1500 words (it was 1300) when they clearly state on the assignment 1500 words is the maximum and there is no mention of 10% either way, which every other university department states if this is so.

I'm going on the warpath tomorrow. I'm only doing this paper because I need it for the Geography part of my major and I have no desire to sit it again, nor will I give them the satisfaction of doing so. If they don't revise my mark I might let them know quite clearly what I think of their subject and that instead of telling us all in lectures why they're so much better than economics, sociology and politics, they should actually teach something then perhaps they would actually have people want to take their second and third year papers. Also, can the labs. You're not scientists, so stop pretending. "Critical Reading' is not lab work, it's 5th form and worthy of a half hour tutorial at best.

It doesn't really matter if I drop this paper because I'll just drop the double major and stick to Earth Science. I already qualify for Physical Geography (real Geography) second year papers so I'm quite happy to give these **** ****s the middle finger.
    Last edited by Flem274*; 12-06-2011 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    That's pretty poor form on the part of the geology mob.

I'd move the earth to do something about it were I you.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    That's pretty poor form on the part of the geology mob.

I'd move the earth to do something about it were I you.
    It's Human Geography. They're sociologists, economists and political scientists pretending to be relevant to the geosciences.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    What? What the **** is human geography? The Nat Geo Channel?

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    What the **** is human geography?
    Exactly.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Do you have to bring your own coloured pencils or are they provided?
    Last edited by Adamc; 12-06-2011 at 06:45 PM.

Provided obv.

Thread Information