Cricket Player Manager
Page 50 of 565 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    Had a lesson today on Jade Goody, hmm interesting.
    Would've punched the teacher there and then TBH.

Woman gets cancer, woman knows its terminal, woman spends last few months of her life doing what she would like, including getting married to the man she loves before she leaves this world.

Which happened a few days ago, but did any newspaper give a **** about Wendy Richards. Is it because she spent 30 years as a staple part of TV? Is it because she wasnt on Big Brother. Is it because she showed enough self respect in her final days not to flog everything about her life, including her wedding video ffs?

Sorry your ill Jade, truely. But now **** off out of the news, because your NOT newsworthy.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post

Woman gets cancer, woman knows its terminal, woman spends last few months of her life doing what she would like, including getting married to the man she loves before she leaves this world.

Which happened a few days ago, but did any newspaper give a **** about Wendy Richards. Is it because she spent 30 years as a staple part of TV? Is it because she wasnt on Big Brother. Is it because she showed enough self respect in her final days not to flog everything about her life, including her wedding video ffs?

Sorry your ill Jade, truely. But now **** off out of the news, because your NOT newsworthy.

Refused to do the work, got sent out and the teacher said if you've got a problem write a letter to the deputy head. Think I shocked him when I actually did.

But what really gets to me is that only a few days ago there was a terrorist atack which killed 8 (I think) and wounded many, we could of done the lesson on that. The point was to teach about media so I guess they thought "Give them Jade Goody, they'll relate to that" Yes but should they relate to that so much?
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Forums that only let you sign up if you have a real Email address
    Sorry that only a few billion people like me use hotmail.. I have shared internet, so I'm not going to have an ISP address, ****;s
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post

This incident has in fact combined two massive gear-grinders of mine.

Absolute wankers turning into wonderful people because they're dead

and

Jady Goody
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

PY
    I don't want to offend the Northern Irishman in you but that's exactly what I thought when George Best's funeral was shown on national television.

I had a lot of respect for Best as a footballer but his character wasn't heroic by any stretch, couldn't understand it at the time.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Quote Originally Posted by PY View Post
    I don't want to offend the Northern Irishman in you but that's exactly what I thought when George Best's funeral was shown on national television.

I had a lot of respect for Best as a footballer but his character wasn't heroic by any stretch, couldn't understand it at the time.
    Yeah that's true. The man pickled someone else's liver ffs.

But at least there's some redeeming features to remember. If, for one day, some people want to get nostalgic about his outrageous skills and witty remarks then I guess they can. Jady Goody has no redeeming features. She's abnormally stupid, ignorant, attention-seeking and racist. But I get dirty looks for calling a **** a **** because she's about to croak. ****, several people have died in the time it took me to write this post and the chances are that not one of them was as much as a prick as Jade Goody. ****ing joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    This incident has in fact combined two massive gear-grinders of mine.

Absolute wankers turning into wonderful people because they're dead
    in before australians

Quote Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
    Considered linking to it but couldn't be arsed finding the link. Quality stuff.

Relevant to the discussion at hand, here's one of my all-time favourite articles from The DeathList 2009, on the death of far-rightwing American politician Jesse Helms. The website selects 50 famous people at the start of each year who they reckon will die in the next 12 months, then sees how many they get right. The opening two lines are pure gold IMO.

Helms Freezes Overs
    5th Jul 2008: It's always sad to report the passing of a person who campaigned tirelessly to eradicate narrow minded thinking, bigotry, prejudice and generally fought to make the world a better place. Conversely, it is pleasing to report that Jesse Helms, former US right wing senator, has provided DeathList 2008 with its tenth success. 86 year old Helms passed away of natural causes following numerous illnesses having been selected in the number 34 slot in his first appearance on DeathList. Helms' extreme right stance on multiculturalism, civil rights, abortion, social welfare and gun control to name but a few topics might leave many believing his demise is a step forward for mankind. It’s certainly a further step forward for DeathList 2008. With ten successes in little more than the first half of the year leaves us wondering just how long it’ll be before the record of 14 deaths in one year is consigned to history.

cpr
    Deathlist is a great site, reckon it'll explode when Clive Dunn finally pops it....

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    Refused to do the work, got sent out and the teacher said if you've got a problem write a letter to the deputy head. Think I shocked him when I actually did.

But what really gets to me is that only a few days ago there was a terrorist atack which killed 8 (I think) and wounded many, we could of done the lesson on that. The point was to teach about media so I guess they thought "Give them Jade Goody, they'll relate to that" Yes but should they relate to that so much?

Massive amount of respect earnt from me for that. Says it all when the students are complaining about dumbing down education.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Yeah that's true. The man pickled someone else's liver ffs.

But at least there's some redeeming features to remember. If, for one day, some people want to get nostalgic about his outrageous skills and witty remarks then I guess they can. Jady Goody has no redeeming features. She's abnormally stupid, ignorant, attention-seeking and racist. But I get dirty looks for calling a **** a **** because she's about to croak. ****, several people have died in the time it took me to write this post and the chances are that not one of them was as much as a prick as Jade Goody. ****ing joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Uppercut and CDM you are both stars. I hada quick read up on here on wiki, got no time for her. Hurry up and die.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Hurry up and die.
    She may be scum but that's pathetic I must admit.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    People so far up their own arse its not funny

Bloke in my group of mates falls into this category. Usually a genuinely nice bloke, but I'm going to start an "I" count tommorrow. "I did such and such, I did this, I did that". The guy has so many stories I'm surprised he's only 18, not 40. These stories generally involve him doing something awesome/funny/make him look good, and they're all exaggerated. I used to just let this slip and give him the benefit of the doubt on his truthfulness, but he picked a few topics I'm quite well versed in and I'm 100% sure he didn't do what he claims he has. Its ****ing annoying hearing people tell BS tbh, especially when the rest of the group believes him most of the time.

Not really a gear grinder in that I'm not furious, just irritated. I'll give him enough of the rope though, and hopefuly he'll hang himself and learn to STFU about himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Thread Information