Page 489 of 564 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 8451
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Former NSW Gaming and Racing Minister Richard Face is worth a mention here.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Still prefer this, for fans of the durries:

He also voiced concern over other names given to New Zealand children, such as Violence, Midnight Chardonnay and Number 16 Bus Shelter.

A set of twins was named Benson and Hedges, after the cigarette brand and some children had been named after six-cylinder Ford cars. There has ever been a case of a child being named after the entire All Blacks side.
    'Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii' not a girl's name, New Zealand court rules - Telegraph

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Splendour in the Grass is such a **** concept for a festival.

It's hard enough to see decent bands in this country anyway given how far out of the way we are for tours, do we really need to have those who do come go and play in the middle of nowhere in Queensland? And seriously, ****ing camping? Who the **** goes camping? Costs about a billion dollars for a ticket too.

There's actually a really good lineup this year with Elbow, Mars Volta, Modest Mouse, Mogwai, Pulp and a few other acts I'd like to see, but there's no way I'm going to that ****. Hopefully there's a lot of sideshows.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Hard to argue with this sentiment. Camping is terrible. Truly an awful, awful thing to have to do.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Fittingly, the man who equalised for Germany in their penalty win over Blighty in the Euro 96 semi-final rejoiced in the name Stefan ****z.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Nah camping at festivals is awesome, not sure what you're on about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Nah camping at festivals is awesome, not sure what you're on about.
    No. Dancing, drinking, drug taking and rooting is whats awesome at festivals.

All of which can be done in a suite at a five star hotel, without smelling like a feral, Indy stereotype

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Oh right, I actually go to festivals mainly to be an indie stereotype (and the other things you mentioned), so that's where I'm going wrong.

Keep taking yourself that seriously and you'll fit right in at most festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post

It's hard enough to see decent bands in this country anyway given how far out of the way we are for tours, do we really need to have those who do come go and play in the middle of nowhere in Queensland? And seriously, ****ing camping? Who the **** goes camping? Costs about a billion dollars for a ticket too.

There's actually a really good lineup this year with Elbow, Mars Volta, Modest Mouse, Mogwai, Pulp and a few other acts I'd like to see, but there's no way I'm going to that ****. Hopefully there's a lot of sideshows.
    Went along when it was at Byron, stayed in an apartment, was a bloody ball. Now that it's moved, they only serve mid-strength alcohol as well at the festival, which makes it even worse, due to liquor licensing laws in QLD.

Must admit, I've had some great times at Falls where I was camping, there's something liberating about living like a Pom and not showering for a few days.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Used to keep track at work of the stupidest names of people we'd spoke to, or what they'd called their kids.

Personal bests I had were Ronaldo Pharral for a boy, and Dwaynesia for a girl. Flatmate once spoke to a guy who's middle name was Darth Vader.

Seen a few kids called Jack Daniel and Tia Maria, felt Remi Martin was going too far though.

Once spoke to a guy called Johnny Benjamin Goode, however the best was this guy, considering his surname and his job, the fact his middle name is Auld had me going....
    Remy Martin is classier than calling your child Jack Daniel though.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Keep taking yourself that seriously and you'll fit right in at most festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post

Agreed! So much.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

The University bindery

When it takes you three working days to bind a thesis, it might be handy if you could, you know, BE OPEN four working days before the thesis deadline. If that's not too much to ask.

Thread Information