Cricket Player Manager
Page 48 of 565 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148548 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Self Righteous ****s
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Hmm, late first year and all 2nd year was my pinnacle of drinking, eased off a fair bit in third year due to practical placements and the like.

Possibly should have done a post-grad but sorta glad im working now and earning some money, seriosuly miss the free time and lack of responsibilites though.
    Oh **** yes.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Haha never spewed on anyone other than myself before (and a cat, but that's another story). .
    We won a two-day game very early on the second Saturday one season so we went back to the club and got on the jugs of beer by about 2pm. One guy, who was the son of a beer rep and obviously a hardened drinker, started a game with a cigarette packet which each player had to flick and either consume or hand out drinks to other players depending on how it landed. He had the knack whereas young guys like me were relative novices, and after about 90 minutes, I had about 4 jugs (4 litres) down the hatch.

Now, this was never going to end well but the outcome wasn't quite what I had planned. I was drunk, real drunk, and by chance the local cricket correspondent (who came around to collect the lower-grade scores) was sitting next to me. He was well-known as a cock and had also apparently induldged in some sick, depraved situations with kids where he invited them around, filled them up with lemonade and wouldn't allow them to go to the toilet (forcing them to wee their pants). So no one at the club was even remotely disappointed when I tipped over the point of intoxication, turned to my right and vomited all over him, before being carried outside and sleeping on the grass for the next two hours...

Tuesdays this semester

2 hour lecture at 8am, then a couple of hours off (during which I really have to do readings for later in the week) and then work til 11. So ****ing tiring. And when you've got Camp Lazlo waiting for you at work...

"L-A-Z-L-O and Lazlo was his name-o!"

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
    Channel Five

Dropped their MLB coverage for the 2009 season Loved watching the World Series last year
    Damn, if I was still in the UK that would suck.. Did they still have those two dudes, JC Josh Chetwynd and the smiley Charles Colville guy?
    Last edited by Langeveldt; 03-03-2009 at 08:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Pissing matches in the Lahore attack thread.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Panel Pins

Seriously, who invented these ****ers? Are they IKEA's punishment to the world for extolling in the joys of easy DIY? Spent 20 minutes today putting together a TV stand, then 45 minutes (and 3 broken fingers) putting in 10 panel pins to hold the back in.

They are too small to hold between the fingers without breaking a knuckle every time you have a swing at em, and they have the ability to jump out of a hole that they are 90% hammered into.

Seriously the most annoying things on earth.
    I think I bought that same TV stand. Is it called Malm or something like that. Annoy piece of crap to construct - especially those pins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    We won a two-day game very early on the second Saturday one season so we went back to the club and got on the jugs of beer by about 2pm. One guy, who was the son of a beer rep and obviously a hardened drinker, started a game with a cigarette packet which each player had to flick and either consume or hand out drinks to other players depending on how it landed. He had the knack whereas young guys like me were relative novices, and after about 90 minutes, I had about 4 jugs (4 litres) down the hatch.

Now, this was never going to end well but the outcome wasn't quite what I had planned. I was drunk, real drunk, and by chance the local cricket correspondent (who came around to collect the lower-grade scores) was sitting next to me. He was well-known as a cock and had also apparently induldged in some sick, depraved situations with kids where he invited them around, filled them up with lemonade and wouldn't allow them to go to the toilet (forcing them to wee their pants). So no one at the club was even remotely disappointed when I tipped over the point of intoxication, turned to my right and vomited all over him, before being carried outside and sleeping on the grass for the next two hours...
    wtf??? Post the guys name, photo, and address please. :vigilante beat down:

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Damn, if I was still in the UK that would suck.. Did they still have those two dudes, JC Josh Chetwynd and the smiley Charles Colville guy?
    Yeah, legends. World Series coverage was epic. Seriously considering getting Mum to get Setanta - IPL + a ****load of US sports + basically every British sport Sky doesn't have for what I hastily calculated as being the cost of about 1 minute's work a day for her. (This may be wrong, but I decided not to re-check my maths in case the cost was in fact higher )
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Pinball Champion!
    Yeah, legends. World Series coverage was epic. Seriously considering getting Mum to get Setanta - IPL + a ****load of US sports + basically every British sport Sky doesn't have for what I hastily calculated as being the cost of about 1 minute's work a day for her. (This may be wrong, but I decided not to re-check my maths in case the cost was in fact higher )
    I don't think we can get any baseball in SA without paying a load for ESPN.. I loved the Brit coverage though because they simplified things for the layman.. Will be missed, I bet there were a few hardcore people such as myself watching games throughout the night when we had school the following morning, good times

Pinball Champion!
    Crap banter at the cricket
    Hate it when you get some ****'s sitting next to you who don't have a clue and their chat is appaling.. You don't need 250 runs to avoid the follow on, go back to Pro20 ffs. Yes it's an elitist attitude but it grinds my personal gears

Inadequate lighting at highway on/offramps in SA
    I'm not a frequent visitor to Vanderbijlpark, thankfully, so I have to feel my way onto the freeway, so embarassing when you miss the exit and have to backtrack up the emergency lane

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    I don't think we can get any baseball in SA without paying a load for ESPN.. I loved the Brit coverage though because they simplified things for the layman.. Will be missed, I bet there were a few hardcore people such as myself watching games throughout the night when we had school the following morning, good times
    I just wish I'd got into it sooner...

People who rant about politics, and don't know anything about it.

Get a lot of it in school. FFS before you rant about these things, research into them, meh!
    Well the Irish did it on St Patrick's day

Rip Fardin Qayyumi, Bob Woolmer and Craig.
    No offence Neil
    "No good thing ever dies." Andy Dufresne. The Shawshank Redemption.
    "Don't interupt the emeny when they're making a mistake" Napoleon

But they're all the same!

cpr
    But they're all the same!
    Thats my view tbh, and I challenge anyone to educate me differently
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Thread Information