Page 45 of 564 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145545 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Haha yeah, Craigos getting unsteady by lots of guys in a certain area..

Cant peddle if the blood is rushing away from his legs?
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    People who can't take responsibility for their life

Sister gets her 4th speeding fine in 12 months which, as anyone who lives in Aus knows, the loss of all of her 12 demerit points and loss of licence for 6 months. I get the call and asked to say I was driving her car at the time (in QLD, mind you) and lose 3 demerit points of my own. When I refuse, earfull of abuse.

We're not just talking about a 5km/h over the speed limit oopsie here, either. She was a full 15km/h over which means 1km/h more and no matter how many demerits she was on, loss of license for 6 months. As far as I'm concerned, someone like her needs to be off the road for a while.

EDIT: 6 months, not 12.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 25-02-2009 at 03:57 PM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    That's a bit harsh, it's only friggin speeding fines.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post

Sister gets her 4th speeding fine in 12 months which, as anyone who lives in Aus knows, the loss of all of her 12 demerit points and loss of licence for 12 months. I get the call and asked to say I was driving her car at the time (in QLD, mind you) and lose 3 demerit points of my own. When I refuse, earfull of abuse.

We're not just talking about a 5km/h over the speed limit oopsie here, either. She was a full 15km/h over which means 1km/h more and no matter how many demerits she was on, loss of license for 6 months. As far as I'm concerned, someone like her needs to be off the road for a while.
    Agree, I'm never taking the fall for someone elses driving **** up's, do the crime do the time
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    By the same token, it's only 6 months and she lives in Brissie so public transport isn't an issue getting work.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Intro. to MIS lecture

My ****ing god I haven't been that bored in years, OK so i may have been out until 1am last night but still, how the **** are you supposed to do this ****? Worst subject, especially when your lecturer has a heavy Russian accent and can barely speak English clearly. Why on Earth did they make us communication media students do a business study paper? Are they trying to kill us? What a horrible two hour lecture, I know what I'm failing this semester.

Epicfail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    And how would he feel if next week she kills someone whilst 15km/h over the limit - he would have to take a proportion of the blame for giving her a let off.

No sympathy whatsoever for her.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post

Sister gets her 4th speeding fine in 12 months which, as anyone who lives in Aus knows, the loss of all of her 12 demerit points and loss of licence for 6 months. I get the call and asked to say I was driving her car at the time (in QLD, mind you) and lose 3 demerit points of my own. When I refuse, earfull of abuse.

EDIT: 6 months, not 12.
    Tell her to Google Search the name "Marcus Einfeld" and see what sort of strife a false stat dec can get you into re. speeding fines.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Tell her to Google Search the name "Marcus Einfeld" and see what sort of strife a false stat dec can get you into re. speeding fines.
    Yup, exactly. I put that to her (not Einfeld specifically) and got hung-up on.

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    And how would he feel if next week she kills someone whilst 15km/h over the limit - he would have to take a proportion of the blame for giving her a let off.

No sympathy whatsoever for her.
    Speeding targeted as a cause of road death is way overrated, but yeah, she's probably arse behind the wheel anyway.
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Intro. to MIS lecture

My ****ing god I haven't been that bored in years, OK so i may have been out until 1am last night but still, how the **** are you supposed to do this ****? Worst subject, especially when your lecturer has a heavy Russian accent and can barely speak English clearly. Why on Earth did they make us communication media students do a business study paper? Are they trying to kill us? What a horrible two hour lecture, I know what I'm failing this semester.

Epicfail.
    Haha, welcome to uni.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam View Post
    Speeding targeted as a cause of road death is way overrated, but yeah, she's probably arse behind the wheel anyway.
    Well, even if she had an accident after she should have been banned, I'm sure you'd feel some guilt.

Personally try hard not to speed in town - go for it on the motorways though - 100, 150, 200 - either way, you're toast :remove tongue from cheek:

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam View Post
    Wow, someone agrees with me on that one.

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Wow, someone agrees with me on that one.
    It's only such a big focus for the authorities because it's cheap and easy to police.

What really pisses me off is that the cops and the government are always banging on about how "cracking down on speed" has lowered the road toll, when it's pretty obvious that the primary reasons are societal disapproval of drink-driving and much, much safer cars. It's not that people are crashing less, it's that their cars are saving their lives.

Anyway, I could keep on ranting on this subject for pages and pages, so I'll nip it in the bud here.

It's not often I agree with the spam man, but I do on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Thread Information