Page 435 of 564 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445485535 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 8447
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Not a bad post for a complete ****.
    Not afraid to throw hands, ****.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Being ill
    **** off already. All the pressure behind my nose makes it feel like half my face could explode at any moment. I can't swallow (take your s and gagfcs, no laaughing matter) and I can't stop sneezing. Grr.
    Has got worse. Dire.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I always find it annoying when people say "his" instead of "he's". Very irritating. Probably ranted about this before in the state of spoken English thread I made a while back, so won't repeat myself. But could rant about this sort of thing for ages.
    Another thing I've noticed I say, along with everyone else in the Eastern Cape is "we going to the beach" instead of "we're going to the beach" - and that annoys me when I hear it from another person..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Has got worse. Dire.
    Yeah, something like that's going around college atm, had it earlier this week. Could hardly swallow, no voice, tired and achey, just felt like ****. Better now though, antibiotics helped hurry it all along.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Yeah, something like that's going around college atm, had it earlier this week. Could hardly swallow, no voice, tired and achey, just felt like ****. Better now though, antibiotics helped hurry it all along.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Really?

cpr
    My Ipod dock

It has a clock, which is handy
    It has an alarm, which is handy....

However, turn the thing off at the plug for more than a minute, the clock resets, however 2 years down the line, having been unplugged for weeks/months at a time, the alarm is STILL set to what it believes to be 1.09am. As i keep it in the kitchen, tend to only turn it on for housework, and wander off after about 45 mins..... so annoying (esp as the alarm doesnt actually play the ipod, just some inbuilt jingle thing)
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    My Ipod dock

It has a clock, which is handy
    It has an alarm, which is handy....

However, turn the thing off at the plug for more than a minute, the clock resets, however 2 years down the line, having been unplugged for weeks/months at a time, the alarm is STILL set to what it believes to be 1.09am. As i keep it in the kitchen, tend to only turn it on for housework, and wander off after about 45 mins..... so annoying (esp as the alarm doesnt actually play the ipod, just some inbuilt jingle thing)
    Quite off topic, but your signature there has to the best one going around the forums. High quality.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    ****s who take drugs/antibiotics at the slightest sniffle

Jesus man, you're not helping yourself. Ride the ****ing thing out and get an immune system. Some girl at uni today was relating to her friend how she had this drug for that thing and that drug for this thing. Couldn't help wondering if her little drug cocktail was part of the problem. Then you see people dropping everything and running to the doctor for ten thousand prescription drugs and some antibiotics after throwing up once.

Modern medicine is fantastic, but some people need to understand drugs aren't lollies. Also, antibiotics aren't for spamming like penis enlargement adverts. Riding out the occassional tummy bug does wonders for your immune system. If you have your vaccinations, then a cold is not going to kill you. By all means have a panadol, but some of the stuff people take is just nuts. Antibiotics in particular don't discrimminate in what bacteria they kill. To kill the little illness you're weakening yourself in the process.

Blow your ****ing nose, drink water, and stfu. Then I won't have to listen to you coughing and sneezing next week.
    Last edited by Flem274*; 13-09-2010 at 03:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

School Boy/Girl Captain El Nino's Avatar

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Queue Nazis

So I'm in the queue at the post office today sending off a parcel OS. Bloke at the counter makes me fill out a customs declaration because obviously the book I was sending resembled 27 kilos of Columbian marching powder. He says when I've filled it out to come back and he'll check it for me and not to queue back up.

Because I'm nothing if not compliant I do all of that, all goes well until I'm walking out and this smart arse, fat arse woman says "You know this is the queue don't you?" in a really loud voice. I was already in a foul mood and this did nowt to improve it.

This did not endear her to me, so I had no alternative but to say back even louder "Yes I'm aware this is the queue. I'm also aware I stood in it for 25 minutes and that the man at the counter told me to come back to him and not line up again. Is that all right with you madam?" before walking out accompanied by chuckles from other customers.

Honestly, why can't people mind their own business? She looked like Bronwyn Bishop too, which made it sweeter.

Mole.
    Last edited by Burgey; 14-09-2010 at 01:42 AM.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Queue Nazis

So I'm in the queue at the post office today sending off a parcel OS. Bloke at the counter makes me fill out a customs declaration because obviously the book I was sending resembled 27 kilos of Columbian marching powder. He says when I've filled it out to come back and he'll check it for me and not to queue back up.

Because I'm nothing if not compliant I do all of that, all goes well until I'm walking out and this smart arse, fat arse woman says "You know this is the queue don't you?" in a really loud voice. I was already in a foul mood and this did nowt to improve it.

This did not endear her to me, so I had no alternative but to say back even louder "Yes I'm aware this is the queue. I'm also aware I stood in it for 25 minutes and that the man at the counter told me to come back to him and not line up again. Is that all right with you madam?" before walking out accompanied by chuckles from other customers.

Honestly, why can't people mind their own business? She looked like Bronwyn Bishop too, which made it sweeter.

Mole.
    Had a similar story to you a couple of years back.

Was in Brooklyn, living in a pretty scary neighbourhood (guys got shot and stabbed all the time around the corner). Had to trek out to the post office to send a package home. Was the only white guy in there, bought the box and the stamp and the lady said to go fill out the form and come back, and don't worry about waiting in line. So I do that and go back to her. The next thing I hear is:

"Whatchoo think you're doing boy? Get to the back of the line"

This middle aged bitch started going off at me. I ignored her at first but then she starts getting louder and louder and everyone's looking at me. I was ****ting myself. So I explained what the staff member has said and she responds:

"I didn't see you before"

As if I was making the whole thing up. Then she starts telling me

"Do I have to call some people in?" To come break my legs obviously.

Anyways, this whole commotion breaks out, everyone starts discussing whether I was legit or had broken in front of the line, eventually when someone said they saw me earlier there they backed off, although the bitch kept mumbling "I never saw him...you'll get yours..."

Needless to say I ran out of there so fast after I was done and never went back....
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Thread Information