Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Making your mum cry - very nice.
    Some mums deserve it
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Banned
    Girl friend being an absolute ass sometimes.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    People who, upon receiving mildly negative news, adopt an expression of utter dumb incomprehension

Seriously, what is that about? I told someone today his benefit was going to be late because (hey!) he'd signed late and it was like I'd switched to Flemish. Actually felt the need to ask if he'd understood me.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Good point - it's bloody annoying is that - Over the years I've come to the conclusion that that reaction is designed to enable the recipient to lay the blame for the mildly negative news on he/she who imparts it

In order to test the theory I have tried it myself and it does work

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Good point - it's bloody annoying is that - Over the years I've come to the conclusion that that reaction is designed to enable the recipient to lay the blame for the mildly negative news on he/she who imparts it

In order to test the theory I have tried it myself and it does work
    Ha, yeah think you've probably nailed it on the head. Just so irritatingly passive/aggressive. Would honestly prefer to be called a C yoU Next Tuesday or something, because one is at least conversant with the appropriate response to give then.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Let me guess, "I know you are but what am I?"

Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Pinball Champion!
    The standard of driving
    It's such a problem, because lax driving brings the whole standard down and it's now at the stage where nobody gives a **** because nobody else does.. I've even found my own standards slipping enormously, doing other stuff while driving, not paying attention, usual stuff.. PE drivers are incredibly slow usually because they are either stoned, on their cellphones or drunk, or all three, and I had the pleasure of following one all the way back from my friends house tonight, and then at the traffic circle, indicate right, and the joker waiting to join the circle pulls straight in front of me, so I tail gate him, not because I am annoyed, but because I don't care about being a good driver any more, why should I make an effort when nobody else does, FFS
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Damn me to Hell for saying this but British people.

I spend over half my social time with Brits and I love it. However the football talk get very boring very quickly and they have the political and economic sophistication of 9 year olds.

For relaxed drinks, laughs and hanging out they are fantastic but I wouldn't trust them to organize a kids birthday party (and I deal with some pretty influential people.)

British people = cool but clueless
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post

I spend over half my social time with Brits and I love it. However the football talk get very boring very quickly and they have the political and economic sophistication of 9 year olds.

For relaxed drinks, laughs and hanging out they are fantastic but I wouldn't trust them to organize a kids birthday party (and I deal with some pretty influential people.)

What do you mean by this? I've found quite a bit of ridiculous nationalism (ridiculous because it's to the point where it's very much against their own interests).

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post

Bit of a sweeping generalization, my main gripe with brits is that they only seem to be living for the weekend.. Remember tuning into the radio stations there to hear stuff like "Only 2 days till the weekend".. Why do people there do that?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Because most people don't have to work in the weekends, therefore the weekends are more enjoyable.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Because most people don't have to work in the weekends, therefore the weekends are more enjoyable.
    Yeah, granted, but they make it sound like everyone might as well be dead during the week, which I would rather be if I still lived there actually

Not many people like their jobs I guess.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    I don't understand. You can still do things after work. Just can't involve too much alcohol consumption

Generally too exhausted to do anything after work except go home, cook dinner and watch TV.

Thread Information