Cricket Player Manager
Page 177 of 565 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 8461
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Glad to see we all agree on this, and yet are ready to crucify Ponting should he ever express honestly what hw thought about a result. Or bag out McGrath for being up himself for calling a 5-0 result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Glad to see we all agree on this, and yet are ready to crucify Ponting should he ever express honestly what hw thought about a result. Or bag out McGrath for being up himself for calling a 5-0 result.
    Media training is the death of sports interviews, tbh; all sportsman have the slightest hint of personality bled out of them for fear they'll say something "controversial". & obviously "controversial" here is a synonym for "interesting" or "insightful".

Would far rather have one McGrath "5-0" or one KP "Fat Gray is a muppet" interview than a million "They played well and we were pleased to get the result, Brian. Over the moon" inane banalities.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    As touched on

ESPN Coverage of Football, or anything

Completely ruins the game for me. The presentation is hopeless, every second comment is on how slow-moving the game is, and the highlights package is minimal and all over the place. So frustrating, though it makes me appreciate Sky's coverage of the BPM something huge.
    Jesus brings life eternal

remembering the life of Phil 'The Prince' Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    As touched on

ESPN Coverage of Football, or anything

Completely ruins the game for me. The presentation is hopeless, every second comment is on how slow-moving the game is, and the highlights package is minimal and all over the place. So frustrating, though it makes me appreciate Sky's coverage of the BPM something huge.
    Do you get the UK ESPN down there or your own?

Have to say some of the Aussie A-League comms are comically bad. Sky carries a weekly round-up & it always amuses me when they speak of "tackle areas" & "turnovers". Er, wrong sport fellas, the round ball is the clue.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post

Have to say some of the Aussie A-League comms are comically bad. Sky carries a weekly round-up & it always amuses me when they speak of "tackle areas" & "turnovers". Er, wrong sport fellas, the round ball is the clue.
    No idea tbh. All the accents are mixed, add that to the list.

Haven't notcied too many terrible A-League Commentators, as much as one-off stupid calls. But hey, we're learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    No idea tbh. All the accents are mixed, add that to the list.

Haven't notcied too many terrible A-League Commentators, as much as one-off stupid calls. But hey, we're learning.
    Ha, yeah. Least your chaps have the excuse of it not being their first sport. We have some quite heroically turd comms who're British; 5Live's Alan Green is possibly the worst living human being.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post

Haha, considering the a large part of the A-League commentary team either played the game at the highest level (Robbie Slater, Mark Bosnich) or are renowned football journalists (Simon Hill) it's probably got more to do with them trying to make their commentary easier understood in a market that will always be influenced by the other major codes.

But hey, don't let me stop you....
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Haha, considering the a large part of the A-League commentary team either played the game at the highest level (Robbie Slater, Mark Bosnich) or are renowned football journalists (Simon Hill) it's probably got more to do with them trying to make their commentary easier understood in a market that will always be influenced by the other major codes.

But hey, don't let me stop you....
    Pretty sure Simon Hill's English and I'd recognise Bosnich's voice anyway, so wasn't him either.

As you say tho, be my guest.

Yeah Simon Hill is English, but I was using them as an example that they make the commentary easier to access for casual fans here. Which is something SBS still don't and have always refused to do, which has counted against them here in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Yeah Simon Hill is English, but I was using them as an example that they make the commentary easier to access for casual fans here. Which is something SBS still don't and have always refused to do, which has counted against them here in the long run.
    Fair enough. It's a factor I've never really considered, tbh.

Does probably mean I've also been too harsh on American sawker ("headball rebounded into the peanlty scoring zone") comms in all honesty.

But I'm Anglocentric like that.

99*
    New Zealand

When the leading news story is about whether an 'h' should be in the name of some backwater hick town you know something is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey
    She tells me the thing will flatten out, I say "Like your chest?" Bad mistake.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by 99* View Post
    New Zealand

When the leading news story is about whether an 'h' should be in the name of some backwater hick town you know something is wrong.
    Not really sure how you'd fit an 'h' into Auckland, but there you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by 99* View Post
    New Zealand

Agreed, and what a waste of time over an issue that 80% of their community doesn't want changed. So much for the people's voices counting when it comes to the geographic court's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Not really sure how you'd fit an 'h' into Auckland, but there you go.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Haha, probably fair enough.

I lol'd if it makes you feel any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Thread Information