Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

cpr
    Grrrrr council tax

Moved in August 08,

Letters asking for 25% discount 3
    Emails asking for 25% discount 3
    Visits asking for 25% discount 1
    Amount of discount recieved 0

****ing narked at it tbh. Also insist a 1 bedroom flat is a band C and thus should be 120 a month.

And when they changed over to recycling they made the normal black bin for glass, and made the new grey bin for rubbish, but failed to provide one per flat, So 5 people in this building have 1 rubbish bin, but 3 glass ones, 2 paper ones, and 3 garden waste ones (obviously to go with the 3 gardens we clearly have), now getting told they wont empty them as were putting wrong rubbish in (even the grey one they refused to empty). Bear in mind my kitchen is 7ft by 5ft, where am i supposed to seperate my trash........
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    why didn't you get a discount??

Took them 6 months to sort mine. Refused to pay a penny til I got it, worked a treat as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

cpr
    Because the council are ****wits, first official complaint to be posted on monday. Doing it from work, on headed paper, should put the willies into them

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Because the council are ****wits, first official complaint to be posted on monday. Doing it from work, on headed paper, should put the willies into them
    If your local council's employee demographic is anything like ours they'll almost certainly enjoy that, tbf.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    People who have patterns cut into their hair when they get it shaved

Usually 12 year old chavs from Keighley, but seriously...

You look like a complete cretin, basically earmarked as scum of the earth and it probably costs loads as well. Really don't see the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

cpr
    John Motson

Example, watching City v Arsenal highlights re the opening goal

'Richards really powered the header in off the post, might have just clipped Almunia'

After replay that shows blatently obvious OG.

'Actually, I think it may have caught Almunia last'

He does it every time though, this is just the latest example. He just doesnt commentate on whats going on, and cant state what actually happens, needs to turn it into a question for debate. Really ****ing annoying. Time to put him out to pasture Auntie......

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    John Motson

Example, watching City v Arsenal highlights re the opening goal

'Richards really powered the header in off the post, might have just clipped Almunia'

After replay that shows blatently obvious OG.

'Actually, I think it may have caught Almunia last'

He does it every time though, this is just the latest example. He just doesnt commentate on whats going on, and cant state what actually happens, needs to turn it into a question for debate. Really ****ing annoying. Time to put him out to pasture Auntie......
    He is dreadful, ranks up there with the ITV crowd for one of the worst commentators on the sport you can listen to on either TV or Radio. In fact, come to think of it the only commentators I really like are Alan Parry and Jonathan Pierce, and Rob Hawthorn isn't bad. Most of the rest of them are total ****s or just massage their own ego's and talk about pointless crap. Someone ought to tell most of these idiots that they are they to provide a COMMENTARY not a NARRATIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    He is dreadful, ranks up there with the ITV crowd for one of the worst commentators on the sport you can listen to on either TV or Radio. In fact, come to think of it the only commentators I really like are Alan Parry and Jonathan Pierce, and Rob Hawthorn isn't bad. Most of the rest of them are total ****s or just massage their own ego's and talk about pointless crap. Someone ought to tell most of these idiots that they are they to provide a COMMENTARY not a NARRATIVE.
    3...2...1...ACTIVATE!
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    ESPN are clowns. Say something flamboyantly stupid every thirty seconds. "Right now, what Spurs would like would be a goal" or, "I think that has to go down as a miss by his standards."

Motson just turns into a stuttering fool every time the ball goes into the box. "OH and... it's... oh!... and he's... oh!... it's a goal!"
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

I really hate the standards of interviewing as well. I mean, there is no point in having them, you can nearly always predict how they will go...

Interviewer: Hi Steve, must be nice to get the result today, does the hat trick you scored make it extra special?

Player: Well er...Yeah....er....is always nice to score, but it's a team effort...er...I mean, yeah...the result is the important thing, the team we beat are a good side, etc...blah blah blah

Yeah I know. I hate checking the football news and seeing the main headline as "Ferguson delighted with derby win" or "Agbonlahor praises manager after hat-trick". The BBC in particular really need to redefine "news".

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Yeah agreed. So cringeworthy when you have players (often in Cricket) that when recieving their MOTM prize, insist on praising every player in their team and then half the players on the other team as well. Wouldn't really mind it if someone just said 'Yeah, I'm ****ing brilliant, thanks a lot."

Yes, another thing I hate is when someone insults our intelligence by saying how good the opposition team is when they are totally ****e. You can just imagine England beating Bangladesh by an innings and 200 runs and in the post match interview someone saying "yeah well, they gave us a good game, and we didn't underestimate them, and it was a good contest", I can understand why people don't come out and say "yeah, they were crap", but is there really any harm in saying "I mean no disrespect in saying this, but they are not up to the standard of teams we usually compete about", rather than just pandering to the interviewer and spraying around a whole load of crap which nobody believes anyway.

That's just a euphemism. I'd rather they just said Bangladesh were crap and we stuffed them. People have been talking about positives from Bangladesh games since time began and they've never got any better.

Need Simon Cowell to start giving England's post-match conferences.

Saying Bangladesh are crap is all well and good until you lose to them next week.

Thread Information