Page 175 of 564 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 8451
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    didn't know you had a missus
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Goes by the alias of "BarmyArmy", if reports are to be believed.

Don't see any reason not to believe that

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Don't see any reason not to believe that
    Yeah, they are clearly in cahoots.

Cahoots is a cracking word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Cahoots is a cracking word.
    Is the new 'coterie', imo.
    orz

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Agree with Saggers regarding fizzy water. GF loves the stuff. Can't stand it personally.
    Yeah, don't see the point, really. Kudos to whoever had the idea to bottle water and sell it tho.

Ad agency sometime in the early 80s:

"But why are people going to pay a fortune for something that comes free from a tap?"

"That's the genius bit; we'll get someone to fart in it to make it fizzy &, get this, if people don't like fart water (and why would they?), we'll also make a still version that is literally just water as an alternative. People will hate the fart water so much they'll pay for bottled tap water."

"Saatchi, you're done it again!!"
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, don't see the point, really. Kudos to whoever had the idea to bottle water and sell it tho.

Ad agency sometime in the early 80s:

"But why are people going to pay a fortune for something that comes free from a tap?"

"That's the genius bit; we'll get someone to fart in it to make it fizzy &, get this, if people don't like fart water (and why would they?), we'll also make a still version that is literally just water as an alternative. People will hate the fart water so much they'll pay for bottled tap water."

"Saatchi, you're done it again!!"
    Speaking of water, this one was marketed fantastically in Melbourne and has done very, very well from what I've seen.

Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yeah, they are clearly in cahoots.
    Leave barmyarmy alone!!

RIP Craigos

People who a rabidly obsessed with the idea that Univsersity Education should be completely free.

Right, these sorts get on my nerves so much. First of all, being a student, I know that it's not financially easy, and not cheap, I'm not receiving any hand downs other than the standard amount of loans, and am mainly funding myself through Uni by using all the money I have saved up from two years of full time employment. It hacks me off a great deal when people insist they should be allowed to go to uni for free. I'm in no way saying those who not financially well off should be excluded, not at all. But I have a massive problem with people who seem to think they are entitled to receive an important service in exchange for nothing. University education is not compulsory, and Universities act as businesses, so why the hell should they not charge for entry? You don't walk into a shop and walk out with a load of stuff without paying, so why the hell should you be able to do this with a University? Furthermore, they harp on about how the money goes to the state. Open your eyes ffs, do you not realise that Government subsidies save UK nationals around 21k over the course of three years?! You just have to look at how much exchange students have to pay to see that you aren't getting a raw deal.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Or the $120k over four years I have to pay at a private school in the US....
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Ha, indeed.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Speaking of water, this one was marketed fantastically in Melbourne and has done very, very well from what I've seen.

Haha, yeah used to buy it sometimes on the way to work. The label definitely caught my eye.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Council Tax

Inspired by sledgee's TV Licence thread, council tax stinks. Aside from the whole debate about getting nothing for it, I'm gonna parochially moan about the discount. When I lived with my ex-missus, or 'partner' as the state like to call it, we paid something like 90 a month (admittedly not the worst rate in the world, but still). Now I live in the same house on my own, I get a 25% discount. Can anyone provide me with a good reason why single people shouldn't get a 50% discount? I've asked plenty of people but nobody seems to know. In effect, when she moved out my council tax bill actually went up 25% because there was suddenly only one income contributing to it, bah it's a disgrace

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Council Tax

Inspired by sledgee's TV Licence thread, council tax stinks. Aside from the whole debate about getting nothing for it, I'm gonna parochially moan about the discount. When I lived with my ex-missus, or 'partner' as the state like to call it, we paid something like 90 a month (admittedly not the worst rate in the world, but still). Now I live in the same house on my own, I get a 25% discount. Can anyone provide me with a good reason why single people shouldn't get a 50% discount? I've asked plenty of people but nobody seems to know. In effect, when she moved out my council tax bill actually went up 25% because there was suddenly only one income contributing to it, bah it's a disgrace
    Whilst in total agreement with your gripe, I suppose the argument would be that is that it isn't twice as expensive to collect rubbish & recycling for two people living in one residence as it is for one. Main cost to the provider is actually coming out rather than bulk of waste removed. Economies of scale & all that.

Thread Information