Page 138 of 564 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 8451
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Needing a crap after just cleaning bog

Sorta invalidates the whole exercise, really.

Also hate the adverts that prey on people's insecurity about the state of their loos. We had one up here whose tag line was "What does your toilet say about you?" That people defacate on me, presumably...?
    Surely the best time to clean it would be after a nice big dump then?

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam View Post
    Or alternatively - "needing a crap just after cleaning self".
    This, hate having to take a crap just after a shower.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Gen Y Bashers

You're all boring. Srsly.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    Fair point at least I can get the letters right
    Errr, you were missing an "i".

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    CDM lecturing anyone about spelling is a bit of a joke, half his posts are EPO worthy. Used to be double that amount though, deserves some credit I suppose.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Unfortunately I think it is. The paper is Critical Issues in International Security, and that week's class is all about nuclear (non-)proliferation.

And the readings I have to base my presentation on talk about weaponry almost exclusively. They only mention grassroots general anti-nuclear movements in passing as a factor in swaying public opinion.
    Hmm, yeah that's pretty difficult then. Annihilating the human race is frowned upon? Who knew!

99*
    People that work on the Auckland rail system

Yes I know a lot of people may come on and off a train and you might forget that you gave me a ticket already. But when you ask to see my ticket every ******* time you walk past me it is not very nice. Is it that hard to remember the fat guy in the big jacket is going to Mt Albert and already paid a long time ago.

StudyLink

When I apply for a student loan and you give me a request for a birth certificate to show that it's me, that's fine, no problem. I send it in, expecting that to be it, they'll send it back with either the acceptance or denial for the loan. But no, StudyLink want to make this go for as long as possible. Instead of sending an acceptance/denial letter with my BC, they send me a letter asking for a copy of my bank account. Ok, I'll send that in, expecting that to be it. BUT NO, StudyLink now want proof that my IRD number is my own. WTF!? What, you expect me to have a different IRD number to the one I gave you, the one that when you ask the IRD will say it's the number for one Joshua James Ritchie?

Or if you really did need all of those items why not ask me for them at the same bloody time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey
    She tells me the thing will flatten out, I say "Like your chest?" Bad mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Tbh, I hate 95% of adverts (sorry Gelman).

My current gripe is Animal charity appeals using monologues in the voice of animals.

"My name is Fluffy. My owner used to beat me." **** off. Your name's Bob and you're getting paid 20 quid an hour to speak baby-talk in an attempt to squeeze money out of the emotionally insecure.
    Oh yeah I hate this as well. I equally hate the protesters in the street who come up to you with pictures of animals in cages etc.. or with their ears cut off and all sorts, ffs, just talk to me about it rather than hound me with all these gory images, I don't want to see cut up animals. That said, I wouldn't stop to talk to them either, I do like animals a lot, but hate the bleeding activists, find them a pain in the arse.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 99* View Post
    People that work on the Auckland rail system

Yes I know a lot of people may come on and off a train and you might forget that you gave me a ticket already. But when you ask to see my ticket every ******* time you walk past me it is not very nice. Is it that hard to remember the fat guy in the big jacket is going to Mt Albert and already paid a long time ago.

StudyLink

When I apply for a student loan and you give me a request for a birth certificate to show that it's me, that's fine, no problem. I send it in, expecting that to be it, they'll send it back with either the acceptance or denial for the loan. But no, StudyLink want to make this go for as long as possible. Instead of sending an acceptance/denial letter with my BC, they send me a letter asking for a copy of my bank account. Ok, I'll send that in, expecting that to be it. BUT NO, StudyLink now want proof that my IRD number is my own. WTF!? What, you expect me to have a different IRD number to the one I gave you, the one that when you ask the IRD will say it's the number for one Joshua James Ritchie?

Or if you really did need all of those items why not ask me for them at the same bloody time.
    I. Hate. Studylink.

Most. Useless. ****s. Ever.

Just wait until they start sending you the same letter several times over with every correspondence. I swear they do dumb **** on purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I. Hate. Studylink.

Most. Useless. ****s. Ever.

Just wait until they start sending you the same letter several times over with every correspondence. I swear they do dumb **** on purpose.
    I'll loan you my AK-47.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I'll loan you my AK-47.
    I'm amazed anyone would be stupid enough to let an idiot like me loose with an automatic weapon.

I'll take it if its on offer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'm amazed anyone would be stupid enough to let an idiot like me loose with an automatic weapon.

I'll take it if its on offer though.
    What happens in New Zealand, stays in New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    What happens in New Zealand, stays in New Zealand
    That is true...

Wait, you actualy still have this AK-47?.....You're a hero if you do.

Pinball Champion!
    Housemates who treat the maid like ****

What annoys me at the moment is how when talking to my friends from overseas, they can't seem to grasp the fact that most people who live comfortably here can afford to have a maid that either lives in or comes at least once a week.. Obviously the natural reaction is that it's exploitation/slavery/racist, and that it would never happen in Europe/Australia/USA/Canada, and that we lazy white SA racist bigots should do our own cleaning and laundry and stop exploiting everyone for a change..

Fine

So obviously when these people come out to SA, they always do all their own laundry, keep the bathroom clean, clean up their dirty dishes, iron their clothes, clean up things they have spilt.. And generally keep the house in good enough condition so this poor woman doesn't have to spend her entire day on the other side of town cleaning up someone elses ****? I don't even need to answer that.. Absolutely fuming..
    Last edited by Langeveldt; 27-07-2009 at 03:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Housemates who treat the maid like ****

What annoys me at the moment is how when talking to my friends from overseas, they can't seem to grasp the fact that most people who live comfortably here can afford to have a maid that either lives in or comes at least once a week.. Obviously the natural reaction is that it's exploitation/slavery/racist, and that it would never happen in Europe/Australia/USA/Canada, and that we lazy white SA racist bigots should do our own cleaning and laundry and stop exploiting everyone for a change..

Fine

So obviously when these people come out to SA, they always do all their own laundry, keep the bathroom clean, clean up their dirty dishes, iron their clothes, clean up things they have spilt.. And generally keep the house in good enough condition so this poor woman doesn't have to spend her entire day on the other side of town cleaning up someone elses ****? I don't even need to answer that.. Absolutely fuming..
    Can't really agree with this. Why would you iron your clothes if you were paying someone to do exactly that?

I'm obviously not saying that people should talk down to the maids or treat them like garbage, but I don't really think leaving unironed clothes or dirty dishes for the maid to actually do what she's paid for is "treating the woman like ****".

Have a gut feeling that you might like your maid a little more than you're letting on.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Thread Information