Page 118 of 564 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 8451
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I did a Chemistry degree, as it happens and although lab work is a critical part of that and was reflected in the amount of impact it had on your result, exam performance is the critical measure of performance.
    I would argue that completing the requirements of a degree doesn't make one a good scientist. In chem, remembering stuff did help me finish my degree, no question. Once I got a job, though......

Probably depends on the chem and how research-oriented it is too. Industrial or analytical chem, you're talking about stuff which ain't going to change much so knowing it inside and out will only help. More experimental disciplines, was a different story in my experience

Corey's first day in the job in a pharm company;

"Okay Corey, welcome aboard. We'll take it easy on you first up, need you to do a lit review, blah, blah, ya know."

"Sure thing."

*Goes to computer, googles 'how to do a lit review'*
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 15-06-2009 at 11:06 PM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Law and Order: Criminal Intent

Male cop: [reading a mathematical proof by a child prodigy] Look at the symbols he's using: infinity, omega - end, theta - death.

Female cop:...he's suicidal.

Right, because anyone using Greek letters in a mathematical proof must be suicidal.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

Olivia's reasonably attractive, as good a reason as any to believe her.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Olivia's reasonably attractive, as good a reason as any to believe her.
    She's in SVU
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Craigos: making me look foolish since 4:27pm

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Craigos: making me look foolish since 4:27pm
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamc View Post
    Law and Order: Criminal Intent

Male cop: [reading a mathematical proof by a child prodigy] Look at the symbols he's using: infinity, omega - end, theta - death.

Female cop:...he's suicidal.

Right, because anyone using Greek letters in a mathematical proof must be suicidal.
    Anyone who does mathematics at that age must be suicidal tbf.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Pinball Champion!
    Slow internet
    For a country that has delusions of being in the first world, you'd think a competitive ADSL industry would be a pretty major thing to have.. But having signed up and paid R1400 for two months at 0.5MB a second, "oh it bursts occasionally to 0.5MB, usually you'll be on 256kb", I'm pretty pissed off.. "Slow isn't it!" Said the guy selling me the package.. "You'll be able to download loads of movies", said the receptionist.. Yeah I can also drink drive home but you don't suggest it do you? Then they came over to my house to install a satellite dish, next to the DSTV dish, so now my house looks like that hill in Puerto Rico with the big dish on top.. I never knew you could get internet through a satellite, but since a thunderstorm, it has only been working for about 20 minutes in the hour, which is why I am writing this really ****ing quickly.. When I called the tech support people around today they told me "You could always move back to Jo'Burg, they are getting cable ADSL there for the world cup".. Great, they are also getting a monorail, but thats not much ****ing use to me...
    Last edited by Langeveldt; 16-06-2009 at 08:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

99*
    Pita (or Peter however it's spelt) Sharples

Have just finished watching a news report about Sharples, he wants open entry into all universities for Maori students once they leave high school. FFS I couldn't get into uni in my first attempt because I was one credit short and now you want to let anybody in that has an ounce of Maori blood in them without any ******* credits, **** me, it's not like the universities already make it easy for Maori students to get in, or give them more scholarships. It's a ******* joke, you are only in Parliament because you have the Maori seats, something that you are 'entitled to'. Now you want to let people that are not good enough by the standards the University themself set in anyway, regardless of their academic record or participation because they are Maori and they 'should' be in?

I'm so gone from here if this goes through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey
    She tells me the thing will flatten out, I say "Like your chest?" Bad mistake.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    ^Reverse Racism innit
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Open entry might be taking it a bit too far. I don't think it'll happen. But I'm in favour of a bit of help being given to Maori and Pacific Islanders. My understanding is that for courses like Law the number of non-Maori/Pacific Islands students they admit would be the same regardless of whether or not they set aside a few additional places anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 99* View Post

Have just finished watching a news report about Sharples, he wants open entry into all universities for Maori students once they leave high school. FFS I couldn't get into uni in my first attempt because I was one credit short and now you want to let anybody in that has an ounce of Maori blood in them without any ******* credits, **** me, it's not like the universities already make it easy for Maori students to get in, or give them more scholarships. It's a ******* joke, you are only in Parliament because you have the Maori seats, something that you are 'entitled to'. Now you want to let people that are not good enough by the standards the University themself set in anyway, regardless of their academic record or participation because they are Maori and they 'should' be in?

Fuller to respond.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by 99* View Post

Yeah I'd be annoyed as well.. I've heard of fast tracking people to University because of their skin colour (SA), or because they went to a crap school (UK), but that sounds like a total farce.. Are Maori people a majority people in NZ? How would they feel about being purely token additions to the tertiary education system, not even having to pass an entrance exam?

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Slow internet
    For a country that has delusions of being in the first world, you'd think a competitive ADSL industry would be a pretty major thing to have.. But having signed up and paid R1400 for two months at 0.5MB a second, "oh it bursts occasionally to 0.5MB, usually you'll be on 256kb", I'm pretty pissed off.. "Slow isn't it!" Said the guy selling me the package.. "You'll be able to download loads of movies", said the receptionist.. Yeah I can also drink drive home but you don't suggest it do you? Then they came over to my house to install a satellite dish, next to the DSTV dish, so now my house looks like that hill in Puerto Rico with the big dish on top.. I never knew you could get internet through a satellite, but since a thunderstorm, it has only been working for about 20 minutes in the hour, which is why I am writing this really ****ing quickly.. When I called the tech support people around today they told me "You could always move back to Jo'Burg, they are getting cable ADSL there for the world cup".. Great, they are also getting a monorail, but thats not much ****ing use to me...
    Great rant...

EDIT: Why is the clap smiley so ****.........
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Should be called the YMCA smiley.

Thread Information