Page 114 of 564 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 8451
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Supposed "cricket fans" & "friends" who won't pay an extra 15 to go and watch the 5th day of an Ashes test, even though all the hard work has been done for them.
    Last edited by Marcuss; 09-06-2009 at 10:23 AM.

Pinball Champion!
    Programs that don't have an easily accesible uninstall feature
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

****ING Public Transport

Got up and left the house 30mins early today as I have a busy day and wanted to get some etc prep in for my 9:30.

Discover that the bus, which runs every 15 mind from 6:30 to 7:25 has a half hour scheduled gap from 7:20 to 7:50 - because obviously 8:30 is the LEAST popular time for people to want to get into the city. Then the bloody bus was 10 mind late ANYWAY.

Then when I get to the station I miss the train that's just arrived because of a huge group of teenagers wandering along the overpass at a snails pace. Ended up just yelling "****ing get outta the way" and bumping my way through, but to no avail.

Then the train I did catch ends up sitting stationary outside of Richmond station for another 10 minutes anyway.

Upshot - rather than having an extra 30 mins to prepare, I've got 15 mind LESS than normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    ^ Yet still found the time to post on CW , what a trooper.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Waking Up Early To Get A Player On Battrick

So for the first time ever I decide to wake up early to try to get a player on Battrick. I've missed out on dozens over the last few months as the bidding always seems to end at 2-3am but I thought 'not this time my friends' and set the alarm for 2am. Saw a quality bat who was also a competent fast bowler and I thought with some training he'd be quite useful this season. Jump out of bed at 2am and onto the computer with 7 minutes until bidding closes. Inadvertently turn off computer and wait until it starts up again. Computer is slow. Log onto battrick...wrong ID...log on again. Get to the player's page only to realise I'm 30 seconds too late to win a player at a price I'd have been happy to pay.

Add this to a player I went for earlier in the year who I won at the time listed only to see it extend for another 3 minutes for some reason and I ran out of funds.

Never again.

So **** you battrick. **** you my computer. And **** you me for not hitting the right buttons.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 10-06-2009 at 03:56 AM.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post

So **** you battrick. **** you my computer. And **** you me for not hitting the right buttons.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    I'd like to hit her buttons...
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Just remembered why I hate Lewis Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Just remembered why I hate Lewis Hamilton.
    He's British?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Could be, suspect it's more to do with him being a ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Could be, suspect it's more to do with him being a ****.
    Yes, plus he's got my dream job, living the dream lifestyle. ****.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I'd like to hit her buttons...
    Yeah, I'd wake up at 1am to practice if she gave me a 2am start.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    ****ING Public Transport

Got up and left the house 30mins early today as I have a busy day and wanted to get some etc prep in for my 9:30.

Discover that the bus, which runs every 15 mind from 6:30 to 7:25 has a half hour scheduled gap from 7:20 to 7:50 - because obviously 8:30 is the LEAST popular time for people to want to get into the city. Then the bloody bus was 10 mind late ANYWAY.

Then when I get to the station I miss the train that's just arrived because of a huge group of teenagers wandering along the overpass at a snails pace. Ended up just yelling "****ing get outta the way" and bumping my way through, but to no avail.

Then the train I did catch ends up sitting stationary outside of Richmond station for another 10 minutes anyway.

Upshot - rather than having an extra 30 mins to prepare, I've got 15 mind LESS than normal.
    Sequel to this being I somehow managed to vague out long enough to get on the wrong train on the way home, and go halfway down the Glen Waverley line before I realized - **** you flu and iPod/browsing CW on public transport!

Some days you should just stay in bed! Come to think of it, I'm feeling swine-y and flu-ey enough to call in sick tomorrow and Friday.
    Last edited by Matt79; 10-06-2009 at 02:30 AM.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Waking Up Early To Get A Player On Battrick

So for the first time ever I decide to wake up early to try to get a player on Battrick. I've missed out on dozens over the last few months as the bidding always seems to end at 2-3am but I thought 'not this time my friends' and set the alarm for 2am. Saw a quality bat who was also a competent fast bowler and I thought with some training he'd be quite useful this season. Jump out of bed at 2am and onto the computer with 7 minutes until bidding closes. Inadvertently turn off computer and wait until it starts up again. Computer is slow. Log onto battrick...wrong ID...log on again. Get to the player's page only to realise I'm 30 seconds to late to win a player at a price I'd have been happy to pay.

Add this to a player I went for earlier in the year who I won at the time listed only to see it extend for another 3 minutes for some reason and I ran out of funds.

Never again.

Haha, was also awake to see it. So good when it comes off but.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quotes broken down sentence by sentence

Is it really necessary? Are people incapable of arguing entire points? Honestly. Surely we can discuss things in paragraphs at least? Grinds my gears to say the least, takes ages to scroll past these posts.
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Thread Information