Page 11 of 564 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears? II

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    tbf he, along with me, has been one of the most vocal complainers regarding people not getting on and making their picks, as well as the one who proposed and led the charge for the time limit for each pick to be 12 hours rather than 24 - he was also the one who 13 hours ago told HDS he had 12 hours to make a pick or else he'd get skipped.

Not really having a go at him - saw that he was online, reading this thread and figured it might have slipped his mind, so made the comment as a joke to remind him to get on with it.
    Why do you hate him so bad? Give a guy some breathing room.
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    As of now, it has been an hour and twenty minutes. But okay. (Y)
    Jesus saves

member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

Quote Originally Posted by Robertinho View Post
    Why do you hate him so bad? Give a guy some breathing room.
    Jealousy tbh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

cpr
    My Sister

Really wound me up tonight.

Basically her and my dad dont get along much. She seems to blame him for every single bad incident or slight thing she didnt get her own way when growing up. Now in fairness, he was a useless **** of a dad, not because he didnt care, but because he's a thick fool so stuck in his own ways and inable to change (trust me, the guys lack of a clue when it comes to the world is astounding). Now he did try, but my sister was such a cow growing up that its no doubt he backed off and left her to it (we all did, she was a grade A nightmare)

Anyway, she's 28 now, parents have been seperated for 3 years or so, but she wont give the guy the time of day. Basically its revenge for percieved injustice of the past, which in my eyes makes her twice as bad as he is (he never really set out to upset anyone, if he did he kinda bumbled into it, she's doing it deliberately). Thats all fine with me, thats between them to try and sort out like adults, what grinds me is that she wont say anything about it to him. She'll ignore him untill she needs something, such as money, then be all friendly. Dad really cant do much about it, as shes far more intelligent than him and uses the emotional blackmail of seeing his grandkids to bait him back in every time.

The problem is when she's ignoring him. Now first of all we are all the family he's got. He was an only child, and both his parents are long gone. He only really speaks to one of his cousins occasionally, because the rest are quite odd to say the least, so he's got me, my sister and the grandchildren. Now because she may have been nice not long before to get something, he doesnt understand why she'll go months without acknowledging his existance, and it really upsets him that he's missing out on his grandsons lives (they live 100 miles away and she blows him out whenever he tries to visit). With me seeing him on a regular basis thanks to working at the pub and actually trying to do something about giving him a sense of family life (the split from my mum really hit him hard), I end up getting all the questions about why she wont speak to him, and the emotional crap about it tearing him up. Falls on deaf ears when i mention it to my sister, he's a taboo subject untill she needs something. Basically tried telling my dad he's better off just forgetting about her, because she's nothing but grief to him, but its the grandchildren aspect that upsets him. He's only seen them twice in the last year (they are 4 and 10 months old respectively). For the last two years i've been nothing but an emotional dumping ground due to her sheer disregard for anyone elses feelings, including mine. She knows what position i'm in between the two, but does sweet FA about it.

The final straw came tonight. Its the younger ones Christening next Sunday, and i'm Godfather. Got a phonecall tonight off my Dad. Apparently he wasnt invited and found out by chance off one of my mums brothers (he still gets on well with them all). He thought i was deliberately keeping the christening from him, but i wasnt aware my sister would scoop so low to keep it a secret from him, so the old man wants to know why he's been blanked again and is playing the emotion card

Basically blowing my top at my sister tomorrow. I dont care if she doesnt want to speak to my dad again, i dont care if she tells him he's not welcome at the Christening, so long as she ****ing has the guts to tell him, rather than keep him dangling for when she needs him. I refuse to be the one who has to listen to it anymore, trying to keep both sides sweet for my own peace.

Telling her if she doesnt phone him and explain her stance to him(even if it is to tell him she wants nothing to do with him: - Thats their argument) then i'm not attending the Christening and she can find someone else to stand in for me. It'll absolutely kill my mum, and probably my brother in law, but its about time somebody stood up to her and let her know what a ****ing cow she's being. I'm not going to fall out with her, she's still my sister, but this has to stop for my sake and sanity.

Because its such a long post, i'm going to put a picture of a Hobo i found by typing Smitteh into Google, hoping that it entices people in thinking its all one big amusing acedote about the picture. Was going to put a picture of a kitten in, but apparently God kills one every time you masterbate, and i didnt want to excite you lot too much for that poor kittens sake. I'm guessing what i'm saying is if you wanna jack off to a picture of a sleeping hobo, its more acceptable

Last edited by cpr; 24-01-2009 at 10:07 PM.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    ****ing go for it, cpr. She needs a harsh dose of reality. Preferably, give her a slap at the same time. Sounds like she's a total user to me.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Just jacked off hard and fast, ftr.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post

Because its such a long post, i'm going to put a picture of a Hobo i found by typing Smitteh into Google, hoping that it entices people in thinking its all one big amusing acedote about the picture. Was going to put a picture of a kitten in, but apparently God kills one every time you masterbate, and i didnt want to excite you lot too much for that poor kittens sake. I'm guessing what i'm saying is if you wanna jack off to a picture of a sleeping hobo, its more acceptable

Very good, it worked on me.

And what HDS said too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

Can't help but think that there's more to the situation between cpr's sister and dad that cpr doesn't know about. I don't want to think the worst of people, but it might explain the situation.

And please, cpr, I hope you appreciate that I'm coming up with reasons as to why, and am certainly not accusing anyone of anything. Then again, your sister could just be acting like a ****ing cow, as suggested...

Banned
    CPR, If I were you, I'd think twice before washing family linen in an online forum, especially involving close family. MSN always is the best option, because you know whom you are talking to.

Pinball Champion!
    What the, thats no hobo, way too clean
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    What the, thats no hobo, way too clean
    Go on then and put your money where your mouth is and post us a proper pic of a hobo.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Go on then and put your money where your mouth is and post us a proper pic of a hobo.
    There's this one guy who stands at the end of Strandfontein road (you can google earth that), who is the worst Hobo I have ever seen. Stands at the lights all day with a board that has no writing on it, I don't know if he knows that. He'd probably start attacking me if I took a photo..

WHY?!
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Can't help but think that there's more to the situation between cpr's sister and dad that cpr doesn't know about. I don't want to think the worst of people, but it might explain the situation.

And please, cpr, I hope you appreciate that I'm coming up with reasons as to why, and am certainly not accusing anyone of anything. Then again, your sister could just be acting like a ****ing cow, as suggested...

Oh aye, yeah appreciate that. TBH though both me and the brother in law agree its just the way she is, always the victim, he's a conveniant scapegoat for everything (being a useless ****er he is, not surprising). The whole jist is because he worked long hours and worked away when we were growing up, he was never around for us. Her view is that ruined her childhood, my view is that it was needed to keep a roof over our head, and if i had a teenage daughter like her i'd **** off to a job like that too, as she was a right nightmare. The problem is somewhere in the middle, but both being stubborn they've camped at either end and refuse to budge.

Quote Originally Posted by Precambrian View Post
    CPR, If I were you, I'd think twice before washing family linen in an online forum, especially involving close family. MSN always is the best option, because you know whom you are talking to.
    99.99% certain none of them are either
    A) Cricket Fans
    B) into forums much
    C) if they read it, then they've done more than normal because **** if they actually listen when I say the same thing.

Long story short, rang, problem come from my uncle recieving his invite before my dad, thus he jumped the gun (my invite still hasnt arrived). Really should've told him by phone a bit earlier, because he'll go to work monday and not come home till friday, so will have 2 days notice. Sister accuses dad of being an arse, I tell her she's being one too, she hangs up. Me and brother in law patch it up about an hour later as usual, i apologise over the phone for losing my temper. She doesnt meet me in the middle and wont apologise for losing hers, hands phone back to brother in law, we have a laugh about it.

Problem solved as best as possible

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Cpr, you don't live here by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Thread Information