Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Resolutions

Resolutions

With the new year just a day away, what are everyone's resolutions? I never really cared much about resolutions but I'm actually going to try and change somethings about my life next year. One resolution that I really want to keep is lower my debt as much as possible. I have been addicted to credit cards all my life and I've dug a huge whole for my self, and I just want to stop spending money I don't have on useless things and just got out of debt. What bout you guys?

2009 is a year of consolidation for me. I'll be clear of one smallish ($5000) debt by the start of March, and after that, I'll start to work into my credit card (which isn't massive either). Aside from that, I'm turning 30 in May, so I might have to start looking forward. As for resolutions as such, I'm DEFINITELY going to get fit next year. I'm sure of it..

No real big resolutions for the New year, i would try to control my anger a lot from next year and as soon as my back gets ok i would like to hit the gym with a vengeance.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Actually put serious effort into studying this year. Have got by for years on doing little but the levbel of work's gonna increase soon so will have to prepare myself.
    Be more proactive with the females. Need to start being more forward IMO. I don't do too badly but I think I can do better.
    Actually stick to the exercise program this year and take up cricket again.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

International 12th Man Shaggy Alfresco's Avatar
    New Years Resolutions are moronic and anyone who does them is a moron. I don't wait for some arbitrary date to change my life for the better.

Opinions masked as definitive statements are for up-themselves morons.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Someone needs more love in their life IMO.

Banned

Icon14 Eat less work more, spam less discuss more

And no $3>< till I get married.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Alfresco View Post
    New Years Resolutions are moronic and anyone who does them is a moron. I don't wait for some arbitrary date to change my life for the better.
    Here is the thing, you can have that opinion but the use of the word arbitrary is, IMO, incorrect.

There is a logic to making changes on Jan 1st. Firstly you can put the excesses of the holidays behind you. It would make little sense to start a diet on Dec 20th for example.

People eat, booze, spend and smoke more over the Christmas period so after this period is a good time to start afresh.

Also the start of the year is a fresh canvas that people can use to motivate themselves. It isnt tainted by recent events as they happened last year. By its very definition a calendar year is a unit of time and the New Year can hopefully signal the end to a bad year for some people. It is a chance to start a new period of time in a positive fashion.

Are New Years resolutions a good idea? I dont know. However, they are certainly not arbitrary as there are a whole host of logical reasons why to make changes on that date.

EDIT- My resolutions? Get fit, properly quit smoking and be less of a pedant
    Last edited by Goughy; 31-12-2008 at 02:49 AM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Win some bike races, and not through the help of 'doctors'
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Vice-Captain 33/3from3.3's Avatar
    Go for twins this time.
    Maria - Due December

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    "So this is what it feels like to be on top of a batsmen".
    RIP Fardin Qayummi - 15th April 2006

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Move on with my life, complete my qualification and start earning more money
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Get a paper published before I move on to more classes next year. And kill some racist frogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Do my work placement, then get a job hopefully . Also wouldn't mind moving out.

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Here is the thing, you can have that opinion but the use of the word arbitrary is, IMO, incorrect.

There is a logic to making changes on Jan 1st.
    Firstly you can put the excesses of the holidays behind you. It would make little sense to start a diet on Dec 20th for example.

People eat, booze, spend and smoke more over the Christmas period so after this period is a good time to start afresh.

Also the start of the year is a fresh canvas that people can use to motivate themselves. It isnt tainted by recent events as they happened last year. By its very definition a calendar year is a unit of time and the New Year can hopefully signal the end to a bad year for some people. It is a chance to start a new period of time in a positive fashion.

Are New Years resolutions a good idea? I dont know. However, they are certainly not arbitrary as there are a whole host of logical reasons why to make changes on that date.

EDIT- My resolutions? Get fit, properly quit smoking and be less of a pedant
    As a point of pedantry, it is, of course, completely arbitrary that a "new year" starts on January 1st, so I think Shaggy's usage was correct there.

As a T*ttenham fan he probably celebrates new year on Rosh Hashanah, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Get a paper published before I move on to more classes next year. And kill some racist frogs.
    Yeah, ****ing French.

Me? Drink more & exercise less, or something.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information