Thread: Panorama - 5 Days in Zimbabwe

Pinball Champion!

Panorama - 5 Days in Zimbabwe

Did anyone see this pretty harrowing programme tonight?

Terrible stuff anyway, lets hope this creates some awareness....

They had a lot of stuff from the lords test and Andy Flower and Henry Olonga talking about life there....
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

PY
    Yeah I saw it, it was one of the most brillant and moving yet extremely horrible programmes. When they were talking about how they were going to die anyway from starvation so they have no alternative but to protest. When the guy came in from a protest, went to bed then was woken up and brutally beaten in his own home. He couldn't move and had to be carried then laid down. In a short interview he just said he hoped it was worth it and then he died 24 hours later. Was extraordinarily moving to see these people coming back from getting the absolute **** kicked out of them by police then coming on camera and still being enthusiastic (if that's the word) about protests. :wow:. Did anyone see the bit with Henry Olonga's brother? It sounded like he supported the government but I only heard a part of it so could be wrong.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Pinball Champion!
    Originally posted by PY
    Did anyone see the bit with Henry Olonga's brother? It sounded like he supported the government but I only heard a part of it so could be wrong.

yeah he supported Mugabes Land reclamation, and respected him hugeley as a politician... Maybe he just wants to stay alive....

Thread Information