Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP or Nitendo DS?

U19 12th Man

PSP or Nitendo DS?

For travelling, which one is best, if you have one, review out of 10. I am leaning towards the PSP, purely on the number of games.
    Viv Richards-One Day Cricket is like Fast Food no one wants to cook.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Planning on buying the DS once I have the cash. I wouldn't go just on number of games, you should have a look and se which has the most games you like the look of imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Have a Nintendo DS myself. The best thing about it is it's convenience and it's library of fun, playable games. If you already have a PS2 or a PS3, I don't see the point of getting a PSP as the games are the same and the experience is replicated only at a portable level. The DS is an entirely different experience and the games are a lot of fun too.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

DS by an absolute mile.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    I own both, use the DS way more often. Have barely touched m PSP in ages, to be honest.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Depends how in depth you're going to get. If you get a DS I STRONGLY suggest you get an R4 as well, so you can download any DS game you want and play them, without having to pay best part of 100 bucks for a freakin' portable game. A few emulators (for only older Nintendo consoles ie. NES and SNES) are around as well which you use through the R4, which opens your library immensely.

PSP is absolutely spectacular if you're willing to risk it for homebrew. Haven't done it myself (don't own one) but if you homebrew it you can download whatever games you want for it (they're large, though) and there's any number of emulators for it. NES, SNES, Genesis, PSX. Massive open.

I'd get a DS if you're going to just buy and play games.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    I have both, play the PSP alot more. Though it all depends on what type of games you like. DS has alot of wierd RPGs while the PSP has alot of better graphic games.

I plan on buying a few more DS games, but as of right now, much prefer my PSP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Depends how in depth you're going to get. If you get a DS I STRONGLY suggest you get an R4 as well, so you can download any DS game you want and play them, without having to pay best part of 100 bucks for a freakin' portable game. A few emulators (for only older Nintendo consoles ie. NES and SNES) are around as well which you use through the R4, which opens your library immensely.

PSP is absolutely spectacular if you're willing to risk it for homebrew. Haven't done it myself (don't own one) but if you homebrew it you can download whatever games you want for it (they're large, though) and there's any number of emulators for it. NES, SNES, Genesis, PSX. Massive open.

I'd get a DS if you're going to just buy and play games.
    I have a DS Linker and it's has exponentially raised the value of the DS. Have tooled around with emulators too, they're very good on the DS.

But yeah, the emulation scene for PSP is huge, mainly because I think th hardware is gruntier.

I think overall the DS is a better choice.

I have a homebrewed PSP, but none of the games on it truly excite me much, whereas I like the DS games.
    Signatures are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
    Cricket Web Red
    FC:
    263 Matches. 1830 Runs @ 7.66. HS: 57*. 92 Ducks. 170 Catches
    1107 Wickets @ 26.91 . BB 7/38
    First CW player to reach 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 FC wickets

DS has Phoenix Wright on it, that pretty much ends this discussion.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Specifically for travelling as you have asked, I'd say a PSP because out of the box it can do more multimedia things (movies and the like afaik, not an expert) than the DS.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

International Debutant
    DS is definitely better.
    Supporting: NSW & Australia, women's cricket

International Vice-Captain SupaFreak2005's Avatar
    DS... sooo much fun!
    Its a different experience, aren't you tired basically the same gaming layouts as usual, PSP is just a mini playstation. Get a DS try something new.
    Padi ag ofin ton fach unig Sua, sua ar lan y mor Huna blentyn nid oes yma Ddim i roddi iti fraw

U19 12th Man
    For those who never got my answer, thanks for your help I got the Nintendo DS, it was a genius idea. I bought it when travelling and it was definitely worth it. It is extremely worthwile. Don't know much about the PSP, and at this point don't care either.

Get one of these babies too;

DS LINKER

They're cheap (around AUD$60) and you can do all sorts of cool emulation on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information