Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Hope you don't mind SJS but I made the one of the bird my desktop walpaper
    No problem at all

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Here are some more photographs from my trip to the Lion sanctuary

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Brilliant, would like to visit there someday.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Last week I had gone with a couple of friends to Mangalore and we stopped on the way at the temple town of Murudeshwar. The hotel was built facing the Indian Ocean and it was a pleasant surprise to get up the next morning and see so many motor boats and jet scooters taking locals and tourists for spins. I took a few snaps. Unfortunately since I attached a teleconverter to my 300 mm lens and, on top of that, held the heavy camera lens combo in my hands, it wasn't the greatest of results in sharpness . . . nevertheless it was my first time at something like water sports although not the real thing . . .

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    A bit disappointed it's not German watersports SJS, but nice shots nonetheless. How are you finding using a teleconverter? Was thinking about them myself, but don't have many large prime lenses. I know it'd be ok with the 70-200mm though.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    A bit disappointed it's not German watersports SJS, but nice shots nonetheless. How are you finding using a teleconverter? Was thinking about them myself, but don't have many large prime lenses. I know it'd be ok with the 70-200mm though.
    Well the 1.4 X mk iii is very good but if you want to see next to know impact on the IQ then one should use a tripod. With a tripod the picture quality is almost as good as without the TC. The 2x should be used only if one is desperate for the reach. Mind you it still gives you better pictures than one gets with ordinary lenses but one really needs to compare with the expensive L series lenses on which these are going to be mounted.

I haven't used the 2x much except on a trial basis but I would say that with a tripod even the 2x mk iii gives a good image quality but if I compare it with the prime used by itself, one can easily see the difference.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    It works fine on 70-200 by the way.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Fallin' in love with infrared.

President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

So I bought the camera, went to Iceland, saw the Northern Lights, yada yada yada. Only problem is that while taking one photo, my tripod was blown over by the wind, and now the zoom ring on my lens won't work. Took it back to the shop to see if there was anything I could do and they said it's not economical to repair (would be looking at 100+ quid) whereas I can get a replacement lens of the same type for 80.

Anyway, I don't really feel like splashing out more money, so was wondering if anyone has had any experience fixing lenses? I'm tempted to pull it apart myself to see if I can fix it, or just use it as it is (focus ring still works, and the lens doesn't appear affected in any other way, it's just locked at about 22mm.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridio View Post
    So I bought the camera, went to Iceland, saw the Northern Lights, yada yada yada. Only problem is that while taking one photo, my tripod was blown over by the wind, and now the zoom ring on my lens won't work. Took it back to the shop to see if there was anything I could do and they said it's not economical to repair (would be looking at 100+ quid) whereas I can get a replacement lens of the same type for 80.

Anyway, I don't really feel like splashing out more money, so was wondering if anyone has had any experience fixing lenses? I'm tempted to pull it apart myself to see if I can fix it, or just use it as it is (focus ring still works, and the lens doesn't appear affected in any other way, it's just locked at about 22mm.
    If it's only 80 quid to get a replacement mate you might as well have a go. The worst you can do is end up having to buy another one anyway.

How about some pics of Iceland etc too? We need some more photos in here!

On another note, this arrived today:

Took it out of the box...put it back in the box...went and bought some batteries as the rechargeable ones haven't arrived (cost me $16 for 4)...haven't taken it back out of the box yet as it's still new while it's in there!

Will have to take it out tomorrow and give it a decent go though as come next week I'll be up for work at 7am and doing uni work when I get home. Want to get some idea before the **** hits the fan and I don't get to use it that often for a while.

Next stop, if everything works out with the new job, probably this:

Last edited by Son Of Coco; 04-03-2013 at 06:57 AM.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    I went on my first bird photo trip last month to the famous Keoladeo Bird Sanctuary near Agra. Till now all my bird photographs were of pigeons who visited my windows, birds in a zoo and some birds caught on the beech in Goa. This was something else and I am hooked. Now I know why people spend a life time bird watching :o)

Here are a few shots from hundreds, rather thousands, I took over five days of bliss :o)

Brahmini Starling

Painted Stork

A Pair of Great White Pelicans

Another shot of the Pelicans

White Throated Kingfisher

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Awesome work. Love that you've become more nature oriented of late.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    Brahmini Starling

Super like
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Have been planning to buy a DSLR camera for long time...had lot of P&S..finally bought Nikon D5100 with Kit lens last month for around 510$ still has not got used to basic features ...has just moved into A mode from the Auto
    Last edited by biased indian; 06-03-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread Information