Cricket Player Manager
Page 79 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1269

Thread: What camera do you own?

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    I have been away for a year so lots of catching up to do although there have been long spells of inactivity due to health reasons.

Here are pictures taken in New York of the Brooklyn Bridge, a babbon in the Bronx Zoo and a shot of the Times Square on a very wet night night

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    As for gear goes, I have, since I last posted here, got myself the EF300 f/2.8L Mk II and sold my 5D mk II and got myself the 5D Mk III

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    The focus on the baboon's eye is fantastic SJS, and I really like the last one too!

As for the gear...you lucky bugger!

I'd like this: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1 Camera - Hands-On Preview It's about 3 grand

But I haven't bought new stuff for a loooong time. Am hoping to get some Lee filters for the camera soon though, and a reflector - would like a Westcott 6-in-1 job, but have to pay ridiculous postage from America (or $160 in Australia). Not much really I guess...compared to some other stuff. Will see. The filters are $500+, which is getting up there.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    The focus on the baboon's eye is fantastic SJS, and I really like the last one too!

As for the gear...you lucky bugger!

I'd like this: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1 Camera - Hands-On Preview It's about 3 grand

But I haven't bought new stuff for a loooong time. Am hoping to get some Lee filters for the camera soon though, and a reflector - would like a Westcott 6-in-1 job, but have to pay ridiculous postage from America (or $160 in Australia). Not much really I guess...compared to some other stuff. Will see. The filters are $500+, which is getting up there.
    Thanks mate/

That camera looks really nice and that price quite ridiculous :o)

Welcome back mate

Echo what SOC said, last two pics are great!

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Welcome back mate

Echo what SOC said, last two pics are great!
    Thanks James. Did you finally buy the ultra wide lens 8-14mm I think it was ?

Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    Thanks James. Did you finally buy the ultra wide lens 8-14mm I think it was ?
    Wow, good memory!

Yes I did - been a good lenses

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Wow, good memory!

Yes I did - been a good lenses
    I remember because you asked me about it and I recommended it :o)

I have a complete set of cameras and lenses I think now except a super telephoto (500mm f/2.8 mk II or the EF 200-400 f/4 with built in 1.4X extender which is already delayed for launch.

I am now settling down with a better idea as to the kind of photography I prefer although it is still varied. Wildlife, street photography and candid portraits and landscapes. In consequence the lenses and focal lengths I use are getting narrowed. The 70-200 f/2.8 and the 300 f/2.6 are my main lenses in the telephoto range and the 16-35 on the wider side. The others like the 17-55, the 100mm macro, the 24-105 are not used much. I had bought the 100-400 but sold it and bought the 300mm. Once I addd one of the longer lenses for birds I will be done.

I am now seriously considering moving to fixed focal length lenses. I think I will buy the 35mm f/1.4 and see how I feel about shedding the zooms. Lets see :o)

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    That's some great work SJS.

Welcome back! :-)
    Forever 63* at the SCG

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    That's some great work SJS.

Welcome back! :-)
    Thanks mate. Its an absolute pleasure to be back and such a delight to see so many known friends are still around - makes it much easier for those returning home

Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    I remember because you asked me about it and I recommended it :o)

I have a complete set of cameras and lenses I think now except a super telephoto (500mm f/2.8 mk II or the EF 200-400 f/4 with built in 1.4X extender which is already delayed for launch.

I am now settling down with a better idea as to the kind of photography I prefer although it is still varied. Wildlife, street photography and candid portraits and landscapes. In consequence the lenses and focal lengths I use are getting narrowed. The 70-200 f/2.8 and the 300 f/2.6 are my main lenses in the telephoto range and the 16-35 on the wider side. The others like the 17-55, the 100mm macro, the 24-105 are not used much. I had bought the 100-400 but sold it and bought the 300mm. Once I addd one of the longer lenses for birds I will be done.

I am now seriously considering moving to fixed focal length lenses. I think I will buy the 35mm f/1.4 and see how I feel about shedding the zooms. Lets see :o)
    Have heard good things about the 35mm, 85mm too.

I reckon you should get this SJS:

Rare 1200mm Canon lens, for you my friend, only $120,000 | TechCrunch

A bargain, and you could actually take pictures of the birds changing their minds with this little beauty.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Have heard good things about the 35mm, 85mm too.

I reckon you should get this SJS:

Rare 1200mm Canon lens, for you my friend, only $120,000 | TechCrunch

A bargain, and you could actually take pictures of the birds changing their minds with this little beauty.
    Haha, that's incredible.

These items are speaking loudly in my head at the moment. They mostly seem to be saying "Buy me...BUY ME":

To be honest, the last two are on the "I'll try to think about it for long enough that it doesn't happen" list as if I buy the 5D Mk III then I don't have a wide-angle lens,only the 24-70mm, so I'd need to look at the 16-35 or 17-40...the first two are much more likely purchases. Along with maybe this:

Which can be had for about $290 at the moment.

It's a slippery slope though...

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    I am in the process of picking out a slr camera. I don't know very much about photography at the minute but want to sort of start to get into it a bit. (Not professionally or anything just for funsies)

At the moment tossing up between the Canon EOS 550D and the 600D. From what I've read both pretty solid entry level cameras. Think both come with a canon is2 lense kit (55-220 and 18-55 maybe?) Does anyone (read son of coco) have any thoughts on this you would like to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    I am in the process of picking out a slr camera. I don't know very much about photography at the minute but want to sort of start to get into it a bit. (Not professionally or anything just for funsies)

At the moment tossing up between the Canon EOS 550D and the 600D. From what I've read both pretty solid entry level cameras. Think both come with a canon is2 lense kit (55-220 and 18-55 maybe?) Does anyone (read son of coco) have any thoughts on this you would like to share?
    Hi mate, both would be fine I guess it just depends on whether there's anything on the 600D that you'd need that isn't on the 550D, as the 600 is just an upgrade of the 550. From memory the 600 has a flip out screen on the back but I'm not sure what other differences there are. If you thought you were going to get sucked in and get the photography bug I'd also suggest getting something like the 15-85 mm lens and the body instead of the kit lenses, but if you just want to have fun then the kits lenses are fine in the beginning.

Page 79 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Thread Information