Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1269

Thread: What camera do you own?

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    Only the one. I've finally got a chance to look at the camera. Reckon I'll need to read the manuel for this one. Hope to get some shots tomorrow though
    I'd recommend grabbing another...it's a pain in the arse when your battery dies in the middle of a trip somewhere. If you're taking long exposures it might happen reasonably quickly.

Looking forward to seeing some shots from it.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    I'd recommend grabbing another...it's a pain in the arse when your battery dies in the middle of a trip somewhere. If you're taking long exposures it might happen reasonably quickly.

Looking forward to seeing some shots from it.
    Indeed. Well I'll have a read through the manual tonight so I hope to get up tomorrow morning for a sunrise. I've got a tripod and remote shutter release too.
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Indeed. Well I'll have a read through the manual tonight so I hope to get up tomorrow morning for a sunrise. I've got a tripod and remote shutter release too.
    Haha, you've embarrassed me into planning a sunrise trip too...don't think I've done one in the 3 years I've had the camera. Too lazy! Will have to get out in the mornings around Brisbane though as a lot of the bay areas are in the shade in the afternoon.

Which remote shutter release did you get? I picked one up in Korea and they're pretty handy. Haven't worked mine out completely yet though...have just used it for the standard shots, but it has time lapse etc on it.

I'm not disciplined enough to read a manual before playing with a new toy...you're a stronger man than me. I prefer the approach of taking it outside immediately and then becoming extremely frustrated.

Will be interesting to see if the increase in megapixels is noticeable over the 400D...I looked at a blokes pictures yesterday down at Woody Point (not a euphemism) and with the 5D MkII they looked pretty special...although I suspect it also has something to do with his post processing.

Haha, you've embarrassed me into planning a sunrise trip too...don't think I've done one in the 3 years I've had the camera. Too lazy! Will have to get out in the mornings around Brisbane though as a lot of the bay areas are in the shade in the afternoon.

Which remote shutter release did you get? I picked one up in Korea and they're pretty handy. Haven't worked mine out completely yet though...have just used it for the standard shots, but it has time lapse etc on it.

I'm not disciplined enough to read a manual before playing with a new toy...you're a stronger man than me. I prefer the approach of taking it outside immediately and then becoming extremely frustrated.

Will be interesting to see if the increase in megapixels is noticeable over the 400D...I looked at a blokes pictures yesterday down at Woody Point (not a euphemism) and with the 5D MkII they looked pretty special...although I suspect it also has something to do with his post processing.
    I got the RS-801 shutter release.

I imagine there will be a difference between the 7D and 400d (I hope so anyway).

The 7D has quite a different interface to the 400D so I think I do need to read the manuel. For example, I'd have no idea how to use the live view mode or other things

I don't want to be freezing my arse off at 6am trying to figure out how to change the ISO

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Latest purchase...

President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

I got the RS-801 shutter release.

I imagine there will be a difference between the 7D and 400d (I hope so anyway).

The 7D has quite a different interface to the 400D so I think I do need to read the manuel. For example, I'd have no idea how to use the live view mode or other things

I don't want to be freezing my arse off at 6am trying to figure out how to change the ISO
    Yeah fair point. Took me about 6 months to work out the 40D after using the G7 compact...probably should've read the manual. Led to some frustrating times and me not using the 40D as much as I should have in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Latest purchase...

Very nice mate! How many megapixels is it?

Love the name too by the way.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Very nice mate! How many megapixels is it?

Love the name too by the way.
    Haha It's medium format so I can get a fairly large scan out of it. Currently on my first roll.

It's a pretty cool camera. Not a brilliant camera; originally it was a clone of a Voigtlander Brilliant that the Russkis built after dismantling East German camera factories, setting them up in the USSR. They then evolved through their own research and design...this particular one is from the 80s and is about the 5th or 6th camera in the series of development.[/boringnerd]

Been pretty frustrating. Whenever I've been off work lately the weather has been **** so I haven't had many opportunities to get out and try it

I've never done any portrait kind of stuff, but I just had to try the new camera out! It was pretty hard since I used my telephoto lens but the live view is a god send for things like this.

My first ever picture with the 7D. Was inside my house with low light so I pumped the ISO up to 3200 and it handled it pretty well I thought

I probably could have edited the picture a little bit more in lightroom but I really couldn't be bothered for what was basically a trial run
    Last edited by GotSpin; 30-06-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSpin View Post
    Been pretty frustrating. Whenever I've been off work lately the weather has been **** so I haven't had many opportunities to get out and try it

I've never done any portrait kind of stuff, but I just had to try the new camera out! It was pretty hard since I used my telephoto lens but the live view is a god send for things like this.

My first ever picture with the 7D. Was inside my house with low light so I pumped the ISO up to 3200 and it handled it pretty well I thought

I probably could have edited the picture a little bit more in lightroom but I really couldn't be bothered for what was basically a trial run
    I have live view on my camera too, but rarely use it. Will have to try it out!

This shot at 3200 is far better than my camera on 1600 too. I only got to 800 usually, 1000 and above if I really want to get the shot and am prepared for ti to look a bit ordinary.

I have live view on my camera too, but rarely use it. Will have to try it out!

This shot at 3200 is far better than my camera on 1600 too. I only got to 800 usually, 1000 and above if I really want to get the shot and am prepared for ti to look a bit ordinary.
    Yeah I'm pleased at how well it handled a 3200 setting. I was doing some reading online and some owners tended to suggest that the 7D could handle up to 6400 and still print quality pictures.

Live view is incredibly useful, especially when the light isn't perfect. I had the lens focused on my dog and could change the settings while instantly seeing what it would do to the picture.

Looking back at the picture, it seems to be lacking contrast and a touch underexposed so I might take another stab soon

And another one.

Still not coming out exactly as I'd like tbh.
    Last edited by GotSpin; 01-07-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Fixed the photo up a bit. Starting to look a bit better

Yeah the second one looks better, the first was too warm.

Might have something to do with the light you have available for that shot too. Would be tricky indoors with an animal.

Pinball Champion!
    Some randoms

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread Information