Page 65 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: What camera do you own?

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    I have just come back after a ten day vacation in South India. An absolutely awesome trip. Got to take some nice pictures. Here is what I took on the first day while driving from Bangalore to Cottabetta Coffee Plantations in Coorg - on the highway . . .

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Dad got home from Aussie on Monday and I went out to their place for dinner tonight. Turns out he randomly bought me a 550D duty free.
    nice!

Was playing around with the aperture priority setting on the weekend whilst we were harvesting. Think I left it about an hour too late re: light, so think some of the shots were too dark. Any tips/suggestions would be much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    I have just come back after a ten day vacation in South India. An absolutely awesome trip. Got to take some nice pictures. Here is what I took on the first day while driving from Bangalore to Cottabetta Coffee Plantations in Coorg - on the highway . . .
    Hey SJS, what's your contact id on Flikr? Would like to add you as a contact so I can see your photos, but searching for 'SJS' didn't work

Mine is 'sonofcoco' if it's easier to find me first.

Here are a few shots from our Tasmania trip last week too. Only have about a thousand to sort out

Sunset on Mt Wellington (a few days before it snowed...)

Bay of Fires

Port Arthur

Last edited by Son Of Coco; 24-02-2011 at 06:29 AM.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Hey SJS, what's your contact id on Flikr? Would like to add you as a contact so I can see your photos, but searching for 'SJS' didn't work

Mine is 'sonofcoco' if it's easier to find me first.
    It is Swaranjeet (SJS)

Added you just now.

Lovely photographs by the way. The one titled Giant Rocks at the Bay of Fires is stunning.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    hope you came to kerala too ???
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by biased indian View Post
    hope you came to kerala too ???
    Yes I did. Spent three days on the Kovalam beech and one day in the backwaters at Poovar

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Dont know what happened to those photographs ??

Here are some others

1. A Flower at the bungalow in Cotabetta

2. A family washing up in the Karala backwaters

3. Sunset on the Highway to Coorg from Bangalore

4. The backwaters

5. Some more of the backwaters

6. A horse and a white Egerret communicate in marshy land - Kerala

Kerala looks stunning. If only it wasn't the home of Sreesanth
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    nice!

Was playing around with the aperture priority setting on the weekend whilst we were harvesting. Think I left it about an hour too late re: light, so think some of the shots were too dark. Any tips/suggestions would be much appreciated

Hi mate, I really like these two. It seems you weren't too late to get some of the golden sunset, which is nice (although these two might have just missed out! You can always go again the next day though a bit earlier).

The only suggestions I can think of at the moment are:

in 1) move the crop (I have no idea what that plant is haha) away from the right-hand side of the frame a bit. If it was about 1/3 of the way across and in line with the harvester I think it would look better.

And in 2) maybe separate the crop and the harvester - i.e have the flower on one side of the frame and the harvester on the other (maybe diagonally opposite) so it's not blocking out the harvester in the background.

Maybe then you'd have two different themes, with the first suggesting the harvester is bearing down on the plant, whereas in the second the distance would suggest it will live to fight another day (yet its demise in inevitable).

Feel a bit like a target of that Dr in the old SBS show 'Life Support' who used to go around to art museums and other sites of pretentiousness and make a wanking motion with his hand after saying that...but anyway.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 14-03-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Pinball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Planning on buying a new camera, Not really looking for a DSLR, Here is what I have in mind :-

My Price range is $500 USD max.

Any suggestions, recommendations ?

I had a G7, was a good camera to learn all the manual functions etc on. Until it stopped working after about 3 years...I think the newer models have improved on that issue slightly though.

I remember hearing that the G11 wasn't that much of an improvement on the G10 (most preferred the former I think), but I haven't read much about the G12. Good cameras if there are no issues with the new upgrade and they last longer than 3 years.

Personally, if I get a compact camera again it'll be one of the Four Thirds cameras like this:

Panasonic unveils DMC-GF1 Micro four-thirds camera: Digital Photography Review

Saw them going very cheap on one of the American online camera stores not long ago (Adorama or B & H). You still have to spend more money to get different lenses though, so for your needs I'd spend a bit of time checking out what people say online about the G12 (google 'G12 reviews' to start) and if there are no problems reported then go for it.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Hey have any one of you had experience with one of these - DCR-150 Macro conversion lens for D-SLR camera

Not for professional work obviously but I just wanted to experiment and thought it would be something handy to have around. Thoughts?

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Planning on buying a new camera, Not really looking for a DSLR, Here is what I have in mind :-

My Price range is $500 USD max.

Any suggestions, recommendations ?
    Thats a great choice. If I had to buy a point and shoot , thats the one I would buy even if there was no price limit.. Dont be tempted by those with higher zoom. The quality will suffer. Go for this one.
    Last edited by SJS; 23-03-2011 at 08:41 PM.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Hey have any one of you had experience with one of these - DCR-150 Macro conversion lens for D-SLR camera

Not for professional work obviously but I just wanted to experiment and thought it would be something handy to have around. Thoughts?
    No experience with this but I would urge you to go for the extension tube route. A Kenko set comes at a very reasonable price. A set of three will cost under 170 USD. Trust me there are few things in the camera lens world which are better value for money.

They make them for both Canon and Nikon cameras. Make sure you get the one you need. Here are the links.

FOR CANON

FOR NIKON

One more thing, even professionals are known to use these :-)

Page 65 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread Information