Page 61 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: What camera do you own?

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    A few from a trip to Gyeongju today...was frozen by the time I took the last photo. Am interested to see what people think of no.3, I'm still not sure about it myself:

1. Burial Mound

2. Frozen Autumn leaves

3. Anapji Pond

In fact, looking at no.3 now, I don't think it's come out like I wanted at all...might have to see what can be done with it.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 01-01-2011 at 06:53 AM.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

The Gold Coast in B & W:

Playing around with some of the settings (and no, not just B & W, but some of the other colour settings):

A seagull, but I didn't take this photo:

I took this one, I had it the camera pointed at the base of water fountain with a really fast shutter speed:

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

WAC.

z

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!

Possibly the best naughty I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    A few from a trip to Gyeongju today...was frozen by the time I took the last photo. Am interested to see what people think of no.3, I'm still not sure about it myself:

1. Burial Mound

2. Frozen Autumn leaves

3. Anapji Pond

In fact, looking at no.3 now, I don't think it's come out like I wanted at all...might have to see what can be done with it.
    The frozen leaves photo is fantastic, amazing texture. I liked your last pic until I scrolled down further and the building and other trees came into it actually overall I like the effect

Top picture is also wonderful. Have to say though, with a few of your images it seems like you've got a bit of distortion going on? Not a bad thing nor obvious, just wondering

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!

3. Anapji Pond

Is the tree in the foreground lit up by the flash or is it some light at the site?

Could be you are bothered by the bulk of the tree looming in the foreground (well lit on top of it) which detracts a bit from the building in the distance. The lack of any ground (not much anyway) below the buliding adds to the accentuation of the size of the tree vis-a-vis the building.

I would try cropping a bit from the right to reduce the trunk width to about half of what it is (where it meets the bottom line of the picture).

Then crop the top a bit to cut out from above where the middle (thicker) branch starts branching further.

You still get a good effect but the overall proportions improve.

Of course all this is very subjective and influenced by personal choices :-)

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    Is the tree in the foreground lit up by the flash or is it some light at the site?

Could be you are bothered by the bulk of the tree looming in the foreground (well lit on top of it) which detracts a bit from the building in the distance. The lack of any ground (not much anyway) below the buliding adds to the accentuation of the size of the tree vis-a-vis the building.

I would try cropping a bit from the right to reduce the trunk width to about half of what it is (where it meets the bottom line of the picture).

Then crop the top a bit to cut out from above where the middle (thicker) branch starts branching further.

I meant something like this . . .

I would still prefer if some more ground could be seen between the tree and the building but if not this is a possibility.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I meant something like this . . .

I would still prefer if some more ground could be seen between the tree and the building but if not this is a possibility.
    Yeah the building is quite small in ratio compared to the tree. SJS' edit makes it seem a bit more balanced

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    The frozen leaves photo is fantastic, amazing texture. I liked your last pic until I scrolled down further and the building and other trees came into it actually overall I like the effect

Top picture is also wonderful. Have to say though, with a few of your images it seems like you've got a bit of distortion going on? Not a bad thing nor obvious, just wondering
    I've been using the 10-22mm quite a lot for walk around shots lately, so I think that might be why there's a bit of distortion in some of the shots. I'd say probably 80% of the shots I've posted on here of late are with that lens. You can get rid of it in Photoshop I think, but often it seems to get rid of quite a bit of the photo too! haha What I probably should be doing is allowing for it and leaving room on the sides to correct it later...

It's ok if you're on an even plane with what you're taking a photo of, but as as soon as you have to point the camera up or down it comes in to play.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 02-01-2011 at 06:06 PM.

The tree is lit by lights at the site. I would've actually liked the building to be more in focus too, but used a small aperture for this anyway. I think standing so close to the tree and having to get it in focus with the 10-22mm meant it was difficult to get the building in focus.

If possible, I would've used the 70-200mm and stood further back to get both in the shot, but there was no room. Would've given a more compressed appearance too, so maybe the building wouldn't look so far away.

I think what bothers me most is the lighting though. I think the building needs to be no quite so brightly lit, as the details aren't that sharp. Tree could be toned down too. Maybe a simple exposure adjustment first might improve things too.

I do like the idea of moving the right-side in a bit too SJS. Might try cropping a bit more from the bottom though and leaving the top, as I wanted the branches reaching up high.

I've been using the 10-22mm quite a lot for walk around shots lately, so I think that might be why there's a bit of distortion in some of the shots. I'd say probably 80% of the shots I've posted on here of late are with that lens. You can get rid of it in Photoshop I think, but often it seems to get rid of quite a bit of the photo too! haha What I probably should be doing is allowing for it and leaving room on the sides to correct it later...

It's ok if you're on an even plane with what you're taking a photo of, but as as soon as you have to point the camera up or down it comes in to play.
    Ah explains it I get a fair bit of distortion with my 28mm, especially when doing architecture. Now I just need to find a shift lens...

Got one of these tonight for Christmas:

Was a bit late, but I took my time choosing it. Bastards increased the price between ordering and receiving it too...and then charged us more. Customer service guys, that's what it's called back home anyway.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    A Couple of nights in the Thar desert . . .

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Thar desert continued . . .

Page 61 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread Information