Page 45 of 84 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: What camera do you own?

Cricket Spectator
    I am not a professional photographer but I like to photography with some natural scenes.
    Well I just bought one new 400 × 302 - Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-T100 Digital Camera for my hobby. I cached some shots yesterday , I really socked to seen that camera result, It was very nice quality camera result.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

Post some pictures
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Am heading out with the new ND filter (and a calculator) this afternoon. Will post some pics when I get back if any turn out ok.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    I really want to figure out how to do long exposure landscape shots. Need to buy myself a book or something
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Google is your friend.

Well I'm pretty sure you need B+W 10 stop ND filter. I guess that's another thing to add to my list of camera purchases I need to make!

Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    I really want to figure out how to do long exposure landscape shots. Need to buy myself a book or something
    Alright after some searching on the internet I've found out how to shoot them. Still need a tripod and ND filter though. Would be interested to see if SJS or soco have done any shots like that
    Last edited by GotSpin; 04-09-2010 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    Well I'm pretty sure you need B+W 10 stop ND filter. I guess that's another thing to add to my list of camera purchases I need to make!

This is one of the first shots with it. At a beach here in Ulsan. Unfortunately, the past 3-4 times when I've gone out to take shots, as soon as I arrive somewhere the sun goes behind a cloud. Today was no exception.

The ND 1000 has a bit of a magenta colour cast too, I still have to work on balancing it out in Photoshop, think this one looks a bit too pinkish still:

So, instead I'll stick up some pics of girls in bikinis:

A phone-box (which I'll have to straighten slightly):

And this one's especially for Pratters:

Last edited by Son Of Coco; 04-09-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    White Balance I generally leave on Auto. I'm just learning more about it now though, so hopefully I'll be able to use it better manually. I find the WB on my camera isn't great when it comes to different types of artificial lighting. If you set your picture mode to 'RAW' you can fix it later though in Photoshop, which is what I do.
    Yea I found when I took photos in the Countdown TV studio the white balance shifted quite a lot. Can get some very odd colours with indoor lighting.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

This is one of the first shots with it. At a beach here in Ulsan. Unfortunately, the past 3-4 times when I've gone out to take shots, as soon as I arrive somewhere the sun goes behind a cloud. Today was no exception.

The ND 1000 has a bit of a magenta colour cast too, I still have to work on balancing it out in Photoshop, think this one looks a bit too pinkish still:

So, instead I'll stick up some pics of girls in bikinis:

]
    Yeah I forgot that'd you been talking about it on the previous page!

Shame with the light there. Makes the whole left side of your picture too dark

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Yea I found when I took photos in the Countdown TV studio the white balance shifted quite a lot. Can get some very odd colours with indoor lighting.
    Yeah, finding indoor really tough esp with the very strong yellow lights in here.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Most digital cameras should have different selectable settings for different lights i.e. a mode for shooting under tungsten and one for under fluorescent.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

I just got a new addition tonight, a B+W ND 1000 filter. Have seen others shots with it and am keen to give it a try on waterfalls and beach scenes (amongst other things). Cost $150 for something you screw on the front of a lens, and only fits one lens at the moment, so I need to get some value out of it Would love to get a shot like this someday:
    Is that because the filter is designed for only certain types of lenses. Since I can't afford the 70-200 lens just right now, would the filter work on my 18-55 lens or does it need a specific one

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Yeah, finding indoor really tough esp with the very strong yellow lights in here.
    You can put it on custom white balance, take a picture of something that should be white in that lighting, and it sorts it out from there. It's a bit of fiddling around, and I usually just correct in Photoshop instead. But if you don't have PS then that might be the way too go.

I think usually 'tungsten' corrects for the yellow tinge, but I can't remember. Maybe take a few shots when you get there and see which setting does the best job. Auto doesn't handle artificial lighting well for the most part.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 05-09-2010 at 03:21 AM.

Page 45 of 84 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread Information