Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: What camera do you own?

Pinball Champion!
    yeah top stuff anil.. unfortunatly most of the photos I take on works 1D mark III are copyrighted so I can't share them..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Your not a professional photographer by chance Anil?
    no a rank amateur, thanks for saying that though , i have been planning to take some prelim classes for some time now but have been putting it off for one reason or the other...i just love photography and have what i have been told a decent eye for it...plus my camera is also a really good one so that has significantly contributed to the quality of the pics...

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    If you don't mind Anil I used the Las Vegas one as my new desktop wall paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudeep View Post
    My favorite is the one of Yosemite valley. Wallpaper-quality!
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    yeah top stuff anil.. unfortunatly most of the photos I take on works 1D mark III are copyrighted so I can't share them..
    thanks, appreciate the compliments guys, i am showing you only my decent stuff though, the horrible ones far outnumber the good ones... , lang, as a professional photographer, any suggestions on good books on the subject? i am a beginner but am interested enough to spend a reasonable amount of time and money learning about the nuances...sudeep, i have seen a black and white rendition of almost the same yosemite valley pic by ansel adams which thrilled me to no small extent...
    Last edited by Anil; 02-01-2009 at 10:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

a few more pics:

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    lang, as a professional photographer, any suggestions on good books on the subject?
    I don't believe burying your head in a book can turn you into a better photographer, it might help some, but I always found the best plan was to get out there and take photos of anything and everything, expose yourself to people who know what they are talking about, and get an honest critique about your work. I'm not sure what kind of qualifications are available where you live, but perhaps get yourself on a part time Matric course at a local college to get a bit of hands on experience.. It will make you a more rounded photographer and will get you involved with people who talk about photography and can help you out..

Another thing, don't get bogged down with the technicalities of your gear.. I can't stand people who can tell me the difference between the EOS400D and the EOS350D, but can't focus on a moving player.. (The difference is automatic sensor cleaning and a slightly bigger display by the way)

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    I don't believe burying your head in a book can turn you into a better photographer, it might help some, but I always found the best plan was to get out there and take photos of anything and everything, expose yourself to people who know what they are talking about, and get an honest critique about your work. I'm not sure what kind of qualifications are available where you live, but perhaps get yourself on a part time Matric course at a local college to get a bit of hands on experience.. It will make you a more rounded photographer and will get you involved with people who talk about photography and can help you out..

Another thing, don't get bogged down with the technicalities of your gear.. I can't stand people who can tell me the difference between the EOS400D and the EOS350D, but can't focus on a moving player.. (The difference is automatic sensor cleaning and a slightly bigger display by the way)
    ok thanks...i was thinking of books as an easy(comparatively) way out to learn some basics since taking a course might be out of the question for the next few months, my life is just too hectic...i have been getting out and taking pics whenever and wherever i can and will continue to do that...and i have not been bothered too much about the technicalities of my gear thus far, i concentrate more on symmetry, focus and clarity when i take my pictures but lately i have been feeling that i am not using the features available on my camera to an optimum, hence my question about the book(s)....you are right, i do need someone(or a group of people) to discuss this stuff with, let me put in some effort on that front...

Pinball Champion!
    The internet is a good place to start, fire away on here and I'll try and deal with stuff you are unsure about

A few more from my new Canon SX110 IS (sepia mode):

"The optimum human population of earth is zero." - Dave Foreman

thanks lang, appreciate it...

sudeep, pretty cool pics there...

Nice photos Sudeep.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

The one inbuilt into my phone :P

I suck at any kind of visual art though lol

Some more photos from my new cam. I like clicking in sepia mode.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    That's some stunning photography!

I got a pretty good camcorder for christmas. Unfortunately the one thing i can't take a picture of with it is itself, so i can't post what it is in this thread. The zoom's 37x max so it pretty much doubles as binoculars.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Nice work Sudeep.

Well I am going to post some more pics of Ha Long Bay (not all of them, just some of my favourites). I bought a 75-300mm lense when I was in Yodabashi Camera and since that purchase, I have not looked back.

To some, this is a good photo, but in my mind, I think it is rubbish, when you will see some more of my work

A lot better as I really made the sunset the centre of the photo, as it began to set

One of my favourites, although you need a wider screen to probably appreciate it. I have got a photo of a Vietnamese woman who makes her living selling food and water to tourists kayaking along the Bay and other junk.

One of my favourite photos

The rest will be on the next post.

Some more:

My favourite one

Thoughts? Any feedback will be appreciated.

Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread Information