Cricket Player Manager
Page 31 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: What camera do you own?

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    I only have an 18-55mm which came with the camera so it's nothing great. The settings really helped, and after brushing them up a little on photoshop, there's pretty much no blurring at all in the 20-25 pictures I decided to keep out of the 300 shot! Very happy with the image quality, but as you can probably tell, I'm still in need of a bigger lens.
    If you end up with the 70-200 for closer pictures then you just have to remember to set your camera to 'ai servo' mode so the focus changes to follow the moving target and put it on continuous mode so it shoots a few pics at the press of a button.

It's a pain in the arse going through all the photos that are practically the same, but you'll be guaranteed to get some in focus (or should be anyway).

In ai servo mode your focus point must be on what you're wanting to take a picture of though.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    If you end up with the 70-200 for closer pictures then you just have to remember to set your camera to 'ai servo' mode so the focus changes to follow the moving target and put it on continuous mode so it shoots a few pics at the press of a button.

It's a pain in the arse going through all the photos that are practically the same, but you'll be guaranteed to get some in focus (or should be anyway).

In ai servo mode your focus point must be on what you're wanting to take a picture of though.
    Thanks for the advice. If I rent out a lens I'll be sure to get it a couple days before I go
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Awesome photos SoC! The last one is pretty much perfect.
    Yeah that last one is spot on.
    Thanks guys, am thinking of entering the last one in a photo comp they're running in conjunction with the competition. There will be a million guys taking photos over the course of the week, but might as well have a crack. First prize is a Nikon D90 with lens and second is a D3000 with lens. Third, fourth and fifth prizes are various point and shoots.

Just cropped in it a touch on the left to get rid of the gap between the edge of the sail and the pic (thought the buoy was a bit distracting poking through the gap) and am not 100% satisfied with the colours yet, but increasing the temperature seems to make her look too orange, so maybe this will do.

Thanks guys, am thinking of entering the last one in a photo comp they're running in conjunction with the competition. There will be a million guys taking photos over the course of the week, but might as well have a crack. First prize is a Nikon D90 with lens and second is a D3000 with lens. Third, fourth and fifth prizes are various point and shoots.

Just cropped in it a touch on the left to get rid of the gap between the edge of the sail and the pic (thought the buoy was a bit distracting poking through the gap) and am not 100% satisfied with the colours yet, but increasing the temperature seems to make her look too orange, so maybe this will do.
    So if you win can I buy your old lens off for you $5? That'll get you a stunner meal at hungry hippos

So if you win can I buy your old lens off for you $5? That'll get you a stunner meal at hungry hippos

Unfortunately the lens is a wide-angle, and the camera is a Nikon...would mean starting again from scratch with lenses so I'd probably sell it if I won it. You can have the whole kit for a share in the Hungry Hippos franchise though.

There's also a chance my girlfriend would claim it - am just working out ways to tell her that while she's worth the world to me, that may not be worth more than an extra $1800 in the pocket.

A good chance I won't have to worry about it though.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 17-05-2010 at 01:33 AM.

Couple pictures from this years cotton picking

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Haha that last photo is awesome. 'I'm gon eat chu' *nom nom nom*
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Yeah it is a good shot! I like the middle one with the sun shining through the cotton picker thingy, it's just a pity the cotton is all in the shadows.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    What camera are you using for the panoramic shots Hingeh?
    Sorry for the delay in replying..

Just a Canon 400D with the standard retail lens, I used Photoshop CS2 for the stitching..

The first photo is of the Brixton tower on the West Rand, the second is of the Northern Drakensberg, looking over the town of Clarens, the other is Hillbrow tower from Wits University in Joburg
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

A shot taken last night at a temple here in Ulsan. It's the Buddha's Birthday weekend:

A puppy at Songjeong beach:

And I just kind of like this one:

Last edited by Son Of Coco; 21-05-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Yeah it is a good shot! I like the middle one with the sun shining through the cotton picker thingy, it's just a pity the cotton is all in the shadows.
    First one was my favourite, but obvs like them all . Really quite annoyed at myself though, I wanted a chance to get a few more pictures like that middle one, but left it too late in the day (This was on the final run before they finished the paddock, and the only time all season I was able to get some shuts at sunset ), so really only had the one chance to do so. Thankfully got 1 or 2 that turned out ok, but would have liked to have had another crack at it after looking at how these turned out.

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Am a newbie to photography and have just bought a Nikon D3000. Excited.

The Ulsan Rose Festival is on at the moment:

Am enjoying using the 10-22mm lens at the moment, it's a lot of fun. Was a bit windy when I took these making macro impossible. Will head back during the day this week though for some close-up shots.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 09-06-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Did you do any touch ups with it Coco? If you didn't, that's a good photo.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Could do with some contrasting IMO

Page 31 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread Information